I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

man, i grew up thinking you tipped when your service was above average...

and the better it is, the better the tip

i dont just tip because you're supposed to tip...thats ******ed.

you live off tips? damn, that sucks, g. Maybe you should apply for a job outside of walking plates of food to people's tables, then, huh?

lol, yall gonna call ME cheap because i dont see the requirment of TIPPING someone for doing their joke of a job

yet

these dudes struggling to make ends meet as a server at fridays for 3.25 an hour is free from criticism?

you dont like being payed 3.25 an hour bro? there are other jobs.

wait, you love to brag about how you walked out of a 4 hour shift on friday with 250 cash, tho, right?

deal with it.

rilla, that happened to me at bdubs in miami.....i wasnt pressed, like you said, i was actually gonna leave homeboy more than they automatically took, but hey, yall automatically took the percentage you all felt was proper for this dudes tip...so have fun with that 2.45 cents....

delivery drivers, too

oh, i have to make a 10 dollar minimum order, when your entrees are 6 dollars, THEN there is a 2 dollar delivery charge, THEN you want a tip after that? lol, so im paying 15 bucks for a 6 dollar meal, bro?

NT can call me cheap, then.

i tip when the service is impressive. i tip when the person is cool. i tip if the weather is ridiculous.

i dont tip because of some unwritten rule that you have to tip

and i certainly dont tip because these geniuses make 3.25 an hour and LIVE OFF THE TIPS...

i went on a southern black college tour in the 10th grade. i was one of the older kids there. it was through i church i had never even seen, therefore i was the only person who didnt know ANYBODY

we went to red lobster. granted, we had a party of like 60....cool. we got a whole back room, and each server was responsible for like 2 tables of 4 kids....

i asked the broad for more napkins, lemon and ketchup WHEN I ORDERED MY FOOD....i got none of those things...i ate my food without lemon or ketchup and didnt get a refill on my soda

the bill comes

everyone at the tables are preparing their tip....and i guess looking at the next man's tip, too, cause i just remember a kid going "YOURE NOT GOING TO TIP?"

im like "naw, my service was horrible"

they go and tell the director of the trip

who comes over "YOURE NOT GOING TO TIP? THEY LIVE OFF OF TIPS!"

as a 10th grader, i am now loudly arguing, in public, with several kids and adults about why i wont tip

i just remember the server being around while im yelling "YO, MY SERVICE SUCKED, IF YOU WANNA TIP THIS BROAD, TIP HER, GET OFF MY ****, I STILL DONT HAVE NAPKINS...BUT I HAVE MY BILL"

remember, this is a church-sponsored tour....

LOL

EDIT:

IN RILLA'S DEFENSE....

black people ARE stereotyped as being $#!$!% tippers. that's a fact.

not saying this situation was racially motivated, just saying, don't jump on that one point he made.

Not sure if serious.

If so, I weep for the future...

I have tipped 100% before, I just feel like it could be me, or someone I care about serving me.

I have tipped 100% before, I just feel like it could be me, or someone I care about serving me.

laugh.gif
 @ the lengths people will go to to justify being a cheap prick.
Way to "stick it to the man".

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

Also in Europe if you try to tip they wont take it. But the waiters are paid differently and that is reflected in the food prices.

People will dismiss this.

I wish sometimes that people could see the way the world COULD be rather than just the way it is. If employees actually paid their servers what they were worth, they wouldn't be snatching money from my wallet 3 bucks at a time.

But I'm just "cheap"... don't mind me..
roll.gif
roll.gif
Time out now you're saying youd rather have the food be more expensive to cover costs of labor for the service staff??? So you're advocating making YOU (a black man, since we're weighing that so heavily) will be paying more per food item than you had before, and you'll be paying the waiters more no matter what, regardless of how good/bad the service is.

Your average European restaurant service is EXTRA vanilla. 

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

Also in Europe if you try to tip they wont take it. But the waiters are paid differently and that is reflected in the food prices.

People will dismiss this.

I wish sometimes that people could see the way the world COULD be rather than just the way it is. If employees actually paid their servers what they were worth, they wouldn't be snatching money from my wallet 3 bucks at a time.

But I'm just "cheap"... don't mind me..
roll.gif
roll.gif
Time out now you're saying youd rather have the food be more expensive to cover costs of labor for the service staff??? So you're advocating making YOU (a black man, since we're weighing that so heavily) will be paying more per food item than you had before, and you'll be paying the waiters more no matter what, regardless of how good/bad the service is.

Your average European restaurant service is EXTRA vanilla. 

As a former waiter, I cant say i didnt make money, some nights would walk out with $100+, but it is 97% off of tips.

When working for 2.13 an hr, the bi-weekly paycheck turned out to be about $15-$20 after taxes.

So, for me, at least, its way more than 70% of my income.

And OP, if you hadn't tipped me, you honestly would've been laughed at by the entire staff and management, and next time you came in, our management would ask that you not eat there. And I worked at a Cracker Barrel, so this is not too different from BWW

As a former waiter, I cant say i didnt make money, some nights would walk out with $100+, but it is 97% off of tips.

When working for 2.13 an hr, the bi-weekly paycheck turned out to be about $15-$20 after taxes.

So, for me, at least, its way more than 70% of my income.

And OP, if you hadn't tipped me, you honestly would've been laughed at by the entire staff and management, and next time you came in, our management would ask that you not eat there. And I worked at a Cracker Barrel, so this is not too different from BWW

Even with mediocre service i still teip very well and thats just the way i am.

Ive had terrible service and for that i left 27 cents for ther waiter. Thats alot worse than leaving nothing at all.

i think youre missing the part where he SPENT 85 DOLLARS ON A MEAL

LOL

why should i give the broad who walked it out 25 dollars?

because she willingly applied to, wakes up and goes to clock in to, and stays working at a job that pays her 3.25 an hour?

FOHWTBS

and i love dirty's "matter-of-fact" shots....."if you're cheap, youre cheap"

LOL

cause we don't see the utility in paying 19 dollars for a 12 dollar sandwich?

because the person who walked the food out to us makes 3.25 an hour WILLINGLY?

LOL

i tip people for exceeding my expectations.

that's far from cheap.  

Originally Posted by Biggmyke

And OP, if you hadn't tipped me, you honestly would've been laughed at by the entire staff and management, and next time you came in, our management would ask that you not eat there. 

false. you would have bickered in the back and served him again for 2.13 an hour.

laugh.gif

NT and these fantasy lives.

"if you hadnt tipped me we woulda put a poster of your face up then beat you up and tar and feathered you"

yall woulda been just as passive aggressive as NTers are on NT....

make his soda in a dirty glass with water spots.....

cough on his steak

roll.gif

I love some of the justifications in this thread...in reality you are just cheap but karma will get you

I tip at least 20% unless the service is beyond horrible, I can only think of one time that happened in the last 5 yrs and I still gave her 15%
KARMA BECAUSE WE DON'T AUTOMATICALLY TIP?

roll.gif

yo, you tip 20 percent, you're prolly the coolest man on the planet. you're much more likeable than i am, because i tip based upon service.......
eyes.gif

like dudes in here want high-fives for tipping 20 percent whenever they eat out

"im not cheap tho"

laugh.gif
, okay, bro

meanwhile, you lowballing a 14 year old for his NDS jordan ixs

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by ColdCity

i dont tip & wont tip unless i know the server FOHWTBS you wk here do your job i wish bww would add a tip to my bill id go ham call me cheap/broke/whatever i aitn tippin $%^&*()

thats because you're a cheap bastard though.

cheap yea whatever you say club... a bastard tho nah
laugh.gif

honestly tho my bill for 2 people is $33 bucks ive been here 25 minutes A THE MOST & ive seen you three times...order/food/bill
but you deserve a tip ...once again FOHWTBS you dont like your job....that sounds like a personal problem

Even with mediocre service i still teip very well and thats just the way i am.

Ive had terrible service and for that i left 27 cents for ther waiter. Thats alot worse than leaving nothing at all.

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by ColdCity

i dont tip & wont tip unless i know the server FOHWTBS you wk here do your job i wish bww would add a tip to my bill id go ham call me cheap/broke/whatever i aitn tippin $%^&*()

thats because you're a cheap bastard though.

cheap yea whatever you say club... a bastard tho nah
laugh.gif

honestly tho my bill for 2 people is $33 bucks ive been here 25 minutes A THE MOST & ive seen you three times...order/food/bill
but you deserve a tip ...once again FOHWTBS you dont like your job....that sounds like a personal problem

some folks should be sticking to Hot Pockets, you don't have to tip the microwave

I love some of the justifications in this thread...in reality you are just cheap but karma will get you

I tip at least 20% unless the service is beyond horrible, I can only think of one time that happened in the last 5 yrs and I still gave her 15%

some folks should be sticking to Hot Pockets, you don't have to tip the microwave

i think youre missing the part where he SPENT 85 DOLLARS ON A MEAL

LOL

why should i give the broad who walked it out 25 dollars?

because she willingly applied to, wakes up and goes to clock in to, and stays working at a job that pays her 3.25 an hour?

FOHWTBS

and i love dirty's "matter-of-fact" shots....."if you're cheap, youre cheap"

LOL

cause we don't see the utility in paying 19 dollars for a 12 dollar sandwich?

because the person who walked the food out to us makes 3.25 an hour WILLINGLY?

LOL

i tip people for exceeding my expectations.

that's far from cheap.  

Originally Posted by Biggmyke

And OP, if you hadn't tipped me, you honestly would've been laughed at by the entire staff and management, and next time you came in, our management would ask that you not eat there. 

false. you would have bickered in the back and served him again for 2.13 an hour.

laugh.gif

NT and these fantasy lives.

"if you hadnt tipped me we woulda put a poster of your face up then beat you up and tar and feathered you"

yall woulda been just as passive aggressive as NTers are on NT....

make his soda in a dirty glass with water spots.....

cough on his steak

roll.gif

KARMA BECAUSE WE DON'T AUTOMATICALLY TIP?

roll.gif

yo, you tip 20 percent, you're prolly the coolest man on the planet. you're much more likeable than i am, because i tip based upon service.......
eyes.gif

like dudes in here want high-fives for tipping 20 percent whenever they eat out

"im not cheap tho"

laugh.gif
, okay, bro

meanwhile, you lowballing a 14 year old for his NDS jordan ixs

You shouldve circled the $2.82 gratuity, scribbled a "LOL", and left no additional tip.

Real talk though, i always tip. For numerous reasons, but also because i know that servers remember the people that dont tip.

Why would anyone take the chance of being "that guy" that gets his food messed with while still getting slow service? Nah, im cool, its worth a couple extra bucks to not be worrying about my food.

I'm glad you'll be sober enough to not slur the obscenities you'll be yelling at me if you come around while I'm bartending. It'll be the folks who've been taking care of me who'll get the best and fastest service. Don't ask for no !%!$%%@+*@#%@ popcorn either.
Coincidentally, it's always servers and other restaurant-based folks who tip the best out of anyone I've dealt with. It's kinda like...only they really understand how much tips mean and how good service should be rewarded. 

You shouldve circled the $2.82 gratuity, scribbled a "LOL", and left no additional tip.

Real talk though, i always tip. For numerous reasons, but also because i know that servers remember the people that dont tip.

Why would anyone take the chance of being "that guy" that gets his food messed with while still getting slow service? Nah, im cool, its worth a couple extra bucks to not be worrying about my food.

I'm glad you'll be sober enough to not slur the obscenities you'll be yelling at me if you come around while I'm bartending. It'll be the folks who've been taking care of me who'll get the best and fastest service. Don't ask for no !%!$%%@+*@#%@ popcorn either.
Coincidentally, it's always servers and other restaurant-based folks who tip the best out of anyone I've dealt with. It's kinda like...only they really understand how much tips mean and how good service should be rewarded. 

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

wrote said this last time

if you're cheap, you're cheap.. all that so called justification is garbage

I'll admit I'm cheap with certain things. We all are. I even said in my note that part of why I don't like tipping is because tipping services were never really a part of my life growing up. I'm pretty honest about my thrift. But they didn't know that.. they don't know me. So like I said, it's just a butt ##%@ when you're actually in a mindset to tip and all that....and then you get fleeced...for 3 stank %!* bucks. SERIOUS BUSINESS! Glad I had it, Like, what if I would have had to write a check for it?
eyes.gif
. Yeah.. I'm pissed. It's not every day I wear a blazer and Issey Miyake to a foodhole. It's even worse when the guy that takes your app says you look well groomed and well spoken (Us negros are still one the fence with that one. Not sure if it's a compliment yet..)....followed by demanding a gratuity on the bill. It's like a slap in the face. Maybe my ears are bad, but I could have sworn I heard:

"You look and speak so much better than those other colored boys that come in here... but... I still don't trust that you're gonna tip MORE THAN 3 BUCKS. "

And so I won't. And I'll eloquently explain why, while smelling sweeter than sin and using "big words". There. They won, I guess..

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

PS- waiters are not really underpaid, it's just the song they play on the worlds smallest violin in order to justify tips.

Are you trying to say that they don't rely on tips for at least 70% of their income??? I sure hope not.
What is going on in here.

OP bragging about 12% tip??? really??  Looked like she needed it?  Isn't that ironic when you are complaining about being stereotyped??

I am white....and i love when they add gratuity to a check because then i don't have to leave more.  I always tip 20% if not more.  I also rarely go out to sit down restaurants but when i do i plan on tipping.  The waiter would have to suck really bad for me to leave 10%.

Back
Top Bottom