I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

30t6p3b.gif
 LarryDavidSwag living up to his screen name.  Cheap as hell.

To be honest, ive never had gratuity added when i wasnt in a large party (that ive noticed).

It might irk me too, depending on the establishment.

(thats kinda beside the point though)

To be honest, ive never had gratuity added when i wasnt in a large party (that ive noticed).

It might irk me too, depending on the establishment.

(thats kinda beside the point though)

I have gotten 10 dollar tips working retail, I have given my mechanic tips, Don't let society dictate who YOU tip, because I sure as hell don't.

I have gotten 10 dollar tips working retail, I have given my mechanic tips, Don't let society dictate who YOU tip, because I sure as hell don't.

so servers get tips but mcdonalds workers dont?

servers get tips and teachers don't?

servers get tips and firemen who save lives dont?

servers get tips and doctors dont?

servers get tips and grocery baggers dont?

oh, because they agreed to labor for 3 dollars an hour, which is illegal?

oh.

oh, its understood that this 10 dollar plate thats listed in your menu for 10 dollars is really 11.50 with that good 15 percent on it?

oh, so i should just look at prices in a resturaunt as 15 percent cheaper than they really are, huh?

oh, and i give 15 percent off top. thats the contract i sign. if the %+*!% brings my food out cold 30 mins late, i have to give her 15 percent or im cheap, huh?

how about this, you not worry about what the next man is giving the girl who walks his plates out to his table

cause i dont really care if you give 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 nor 30 percent

it seems like dudes are just really proud of the percent they tip people and are also the only ones concerned, besides the waiters, of course, with what the next man is or isnt tipping

why yall so geeked to say the percentage you tip?

to show you 'got it"?

you "not cheap"?

FOH

It's as simple as this. If you dont agree with the food prices, get mad at the restaurant, dont eat there. Dont take it out on the server. If the server sucks and is showing no effort whatsoever, then tip poorly. But just know that they will remember you if you go back.

oh.

oh, its understood that this 10 dollar plate thats listed in your menu for 10 dollars is really 11.50 with that good 15 percent on it?

oh, so i should just look at prices in a resturaunt as 15 percent cheaper than they really are, huh?

oh, and i give 15 percent off top. thats the contract i sign. if the %+*!% brings my food out cold 30 mins late, i have to give her 15 percent or im cheap, huh?

how about this, you not worry about what the next man is giving the girl who walks his plates out to his table

it seems like dudes are just really proud of the percent they tip people and are also the only ones concerned, besides the waiters, of course, with what the next man is or isnt tipping

to show you 'got it"?

you "not cheap"?

FOH

It's as simple as this. If you dont agree with the food prices, get mad at the restaurant, dont eat there. Dont take it out on the server. If the server sucks and is showing no effort whatsoever, then tip poorly. But just know that they will remember you if you go back.

You tip for the experience of eating out. You tip for the service. You tip to help support people willing to do a job most wouldn't so you can have that experience when you wanna take your lady, or your kids, or your grandmother out to a nice meal.

I waited tables when I was in high school, great job. But I put up with arrogant people like OP daily and it's discouraging when you know you did good and made the experience enjoyable but there is nothing waiting for you at the table when they leave. It's a huge slap in the face.

You were gonna leave $5 because you applied to restaurant? I almost wanna laugh at you but I'm gonna spare you further embarrassment because you did so well on your own complaining about a $3 added tip. I hope you applied to be a cook or busser there. And even then, I hope you realize that they too, get tipped out from the wait staff earnings.

You tip for the experience of eating out. You tip for the service. You tip to help support people willing to do a job most wouldn't so you can have that experience when you wanna take your lady, or your kids, or your grandmother out to a nice meal.

I waited tables when I was in high school, great job. But I put up with arrogant people like OP daily and it's discouraging when you know you did good and made the experience enjoyable but there is nothing waiting for you at the table when they leave. It's a huge slap in the face.

You were gonna leave $5 because you applied to restaurant? I almost wanna laugh at you but I'm gonna spare you further embarrassment because you did so well on your own complaining about a $3 added tip. I hope you applied to be a cook or busser there. And even then, I hope you realize that they too, get tipped out from the wait staff earnings.

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

oh.

to show you 'got it"?

you "not cheap"?

FOH
OP said the service was great...I am all for tipping based on service.  But if the service was great...you still not gonna tip on principal?

And if all those other workers wanted tips....they would go try to get hired to be a server.  Anyone who has ever waited tables knows the people who don't tip......justsayin

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

oh.

to show you 'got it"?

you "not cheap"?

FOH
OP said the service was great...I am all for tipping based on service.  But if the service was great...you still not gonna tip on principal?

And if all those other workers wanted tips....they would go try to get hired to be a server.  Anyone who has ever waited tables knows the people who don't tip......justsayin

Originally Posted by Biggmyke

oh.

to show you 'got it"?

you "not cheap"?

FOH

I no longer take this guy and his distorted outlook on life seriously. 

Originally Posted by Biggmyke

oh.

to show you 'got it"?

you "not cheap"?

FOH

I no longer take this guy and his distorted outlook on life seriously. 

I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT SOME LAME WAITER REMEMBERING ME AS THE GUY WHO DIDNT GIVE HIM ANY MONEY FOR DOING HIS JOB

LOL

everyone keeps saying this like someone cares

"thats that guy who doesnt tip....dammit....his steak is up"

"here you are sir? anything else i can get you?"

LOL

that's about the extent of it.

oh, my service is gonna be slow? when is my service not slow?

LOL

dudes make it seem like not tipping is a huge sin, in reality, the worst that happens is OTHER DUDES call you cheap and servers "remember who you are and bring your food out slowly" giving you more reason to not tip them....

smart.

For the dudes that dont believe in Tipping at restaurants...do y'all keep that up everywhere? ie. Bars, Clubs

For the dudes that dont believe in Tipping at restaurants...do y'all keep that up everywhere? ie. Bars, Clubs

I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT SOME LAME WAITER REMEMBERING ME AS THE GUY WHO DIDNT GIVE HIM ANY MONEY FOR DOING HIS JOB

LOL

everyone keeps saying this like someone cares

"thats that guy who doesnt tip....dammit....his steak is up"

"here you are sir? anything else i can get you?"

LOL

that's about the extent of it.

oh, my service is gonna be slow? when is my service not slow?

LOL

dudes make it seem like not tipping is a huge sin, in reality, the worst that happens is OTHER DUDES call you cheap and servers "remember who you are and bring your food out slowly" giving you more reason to not tip them....

smart.

I'm glad I'm one of those people that knows how to comprehend and not just read words. It's way too many replies in this thread that focus on the amount of the gratuity and not the nature of it. This @@#$ ain't even about the numbers. Whether waiters make $2 an hour or $8765, I'm not their +%!#*@* employer. Further more, as has been said, get a better job then. I applied because I'm unemployed. I will continue to seek BETTER employment while pursuing my other noteworthy goals; mainly hip-hop. But I'm not trying to "MAKE A LIVING" off bussing tables when I can "bus" a rap or just "bus" yo muhfudgin head instead. That's the whole point. It's not my responsibility to provide wellfare for the working class. I'm not the government. I'm none of these waiters dad. **$* outta here man. Move yo %%% on up to the east side if you don't like it where you at.

I'm glad I'm one of those people that knows how to comprehend and not just read words. It's way too many replies in this thread that focus on the amount of the gratuity and not the nature of it. This @@#$ ain't even about the numbers. Whether waiters make $2 an hour or $8765, I'm not their +%!#*@* employer. Further more, as has been said, get a better job then. I applied because I'm unemployed. I will continue to seek BETTER employment while pursuing my other noteworthy goals; mainly hip-hop. But I'm not trying to "MAKE A LIVING" off bussing tables when I can "bus" a rap or just "bus" yo muhfudgin head instead. That's the whole point. It's not my responsibility to provide wellfare for the working class. I'm not the government. I'm none of these waiters dad. **$* outta here man. Move yo %%% on up to the east side if you don't like it where you at.

Your skin color is getting the best of u. Just don't eat at BW3 ever again. Or that place. Or any place u get bad service or get gratuity that u wasn't deserved.

Your skin color is getting the best of u. Just don't eat at BW3 ever again. Or that place. Or any place u get bad service or get gratuity that u wasn't deserved.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

People will dismiss this.

I wish sometimes that people could see the way the world COULD be rather than just the way it is. If employees actually paid their servers what they were worth, they wouldn't be snatching money from my wallet 3 bucks at a time.

But I'm just "cheap"... don't mind me..
so knowing that the wage system for waiters is wrong.... you take advantage of it by not tipping.
yes, you are cheap.

Who's fault is it? Waiters blame the customer when they were suckered into the business by the thoughts of generous tippers. The system is awful, getting paid $3 an hour (LOL). I would say it's for suckers but waiters know damn well they will make more than a person working at mcdonalds for $8-10 an hour. Yes, some people that have posted are cheap
laugh.gif
. There are two sides of the coin. This thread is interesting, you can see who is cheap and you can also see who got suckered into a job with a guaranteed hourly wage of less than $3.
Nobody is getting suckered into working in the service industry.  All servers know that they'll get stiffed once in a while.  It comes with the job.  Serving is def not for suckers.  I guess its different in different cities but I used to make anywhere from $30-$50 an hour as a server.  It might not be full time but I would walk with $100-$250 a night and still get a paycheck for $300-$400 every 2 weeks.

It sucks but AA are stereotyped as people who don't tip.  I'm not saying that all AA don't tip but most really don't. 

Back
Top Bottom