if GOD exists... Question.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

First off, I rarely start religious threads but I do comment in most of them. I suppose that's understandable...comes with the territory of being NTs resident hedon. I get credit for creating damn near every religious thread on NT
ohwell.gif

Hmm so to become an atheist one must go through a traumatic experience that lead them to reject their God? Did every child who stopped believing in Santa clause and the their imaginary friend go through a traumatic experience? Is it at all plausible that a lot of converted atheists become that way because the question the infallibility of their religion from a logical standpoint? Of course not.
eyes.gif

5 billion people CAN be crazy, there's a reason why it's called the "Opium of the masses".

There are societies that are "Godless" who have a good concept of right from wrong. On the other hand throughout history there have been extremely religious societies who encourage a culture of inhumanity, hatred, war etc in the name of mythical creatures. You can't pray to God to take you to heaven when you own slaves and sacrifice your enemies. The concept of morality is actually very simple, religion seems to have this notion that the idea is exclusive to them which is far from the truth. All you have to do for proof of this is to look at history objectively. Many religions throughout history have preached positive consequences/reinforcement for immoral behaviors.

Not only good "deeds" are rewarded by religion, anybody who thinks so is naive.

Lastly, if you're too insecure in your "faith" to have these discussions stay out of the damn thread.
ohwell.gif

Aint nobody insecure. There is a God out there, but like I said before every week some of you seem to get off on starting a thread, having us defend ourselves and put up smileys, memes and pictures to play people, like any of YOU have the answer yourselves. The life is full of mystery, instead of trying to prove people wrong or make them look stupid, just go on with your life. I doubt anyone on this board  are killing or raping people in the name of God. Are we all hypocrites most Definitely, do I sit and question God's existence sometimes?, I would have to be a mindless slug not to, but thats the beauty of life, you have the freedom to think for yourself without having all the answers, there isnt  a cosmic power out there ready to punish on some Minority report !!%. There are rational  believers who do not let their religion determine how they think or live.  God isnt a magic genie who conjures up things in the snap of a finger.  Religious societies have been violent due to the immense POWER/CONTROL religions have, We created religions not God, and with everything we COMPLICATE the hell out everything. The same way you shake your heads at us, we look at you the same way. We pity you the same way you pity us, we think you are crazy the same you think we are crazy. The fact you are even typing a response with your nose in the air is a miracle upon itself. This is going NOWHERE, if some of you were successful in changing someones mind about God, good for you, just more company in hell.......

-Whoever brought up the whole we all thought the earth was flat thing is STUPID. WE thought the earth was Flat and the earth was the center of the Universe because we had NO IDEA.With knowledge we got our minds right.  We still have NO IDEA when it comes to God.
tired.gif

BTW, if you think theres no afterlife and the rest of your existence is rotting away in the ground getting eaten by maggots than I really dont have any other word to call you  but a miserable human being, like why just not off yourself and get the process started early as you are contributing NOTHING to the rest of the world.
This entire response reeks of ignorance and, ironically, pretention. 
Answer this, what's a rational believer? Actually, before we get ahead of ourselves, what is the definition of rational? For one to be rational, one must be agreeable to reason. A belief in a supernatural god requires one to suspend their ability to be reasonable. Does believing in something that is invisible and has no evidence of ever being fall under being rational? I think not.

And wow, you really think because you believe in an afterlife that we're just wasting our time on this world? And you have the nerve to call out atheists for having their noses in the air? Please.

I'd argue that atheists cherish life more than those that believe in an afterlife. Why? Because this is the only life we're ever going to experience! We're not busy worrying about following some archaic rules in a book. I'd also contend that atheists care more about the world we live on since this is going to be the only world we'll ever experience. I've heard too many religious folk spout off about how this world is a hollow shell doomed to damnation and that sustaining the environment is a futile effort. We're not going to be "rotting away in the ground getting eaten by maggots" as you so eloquently put it because we'll be dead. We will have ceased to exist. I don't see a problem with life ending just like that. The idea of a lifeless body underground being used by other organisms to continue the cycle of life is not scary. It's actually rather beautiful.

First off, I rarely start religious threads but I do comment in most of them. I suppose that's understandable...comes with the territory of being NTs resident hedon. I get credit for creating damn near every religious thread on NT
ohwell.gif

Hmm so to become an atheist one must go through a traumatic experience that lead them to reject their God? Did every child who stopped believing in Santa clause and the their imaginary friend go through a traumatic experience? Is it at all plausible that a lot of converted atheists become that way because the question the infallibility of their religion from a logical standpoint? Of course not.
eyes.gif

5 billion people CAN be crazy, there's a reason why it's called the "Opium of the masses".

There are societies that are "Godless" who have a good concept of right from wrong. On the other hand throughout history there have been extremely religious societies who encourage a culture of inhumanity, hatred, war etc in the name of mythical creatures. You can't pray to God to take you to heaven when you own slaves and sacrifice your enemies. The concept of morality is actually very simple, religion seems to have this notion that the idea is exclusive to them which is far from the truth. All you have to do for proof of this is to look at history objectively. Many religions throughout history have preached positive consequences/reinforcement for immoral behaviors.

Lastly, if you're too insecure in your "faith" to have these discussions stay out of the damn thread.
ohwell.gif

Aint nobody insecure. There is a God out there, but like I said before every week some of you seem to get off on starting a thread, having us defend ourselves and put up smileys, memes and pictures to play people, like any of YOU have the answer yourselves. The life is full of mystery, instead of trying to prove people wrong or make them look stupid, just go on with your life. I doubt anyone on this board  are killing or raping people in the name of God. Are we all hypocrites most Definitely, do I sit and question God's existence sometimes?, I would have to be a mindless slug not to, but thats the beauty of life, you have the freedom to think for yourself without having all the answers, there isnt  a cosmic power out there ready to punish on some Minority report !!%. There are rational  believers who do not let their religion determine how they think or live.  God isnt a magic genie who conjures up things in the snap of a finger.  Religious societies have been violent due to the immense POWER/CONTROL religions have, We created religions not God, and with everything we COMPLICATE the hell out everything. The same way you shake your heads at us, we look at you the same way. We pity you the same way you pity us, we think you are crazy the same you think we are crazy. The fact you are even typing a response with your nose in the air is a miracle upon itself. This is going NOWHERE, if some of you were successful in changing someones mind about God, good for you, just more company in hell.......

-Whoever brought up the whole we all thought the earth was flat thing is STUPID. WE thought the earth was Flat and the earth was the center of the Universe because we had NO IDEA.With knowledge we got our minds right.  We still have NO IDEA when it comes to God.
tired.gif

BTW, if you think theres no afterlife and the rest of your existence is rotting away in the ground getting eaten by maggots than I really dont have any other word to call you  but a miserable human being, like why just not off yourself and get the process started early as you are contributing NOTHING to the rest of the world.

-You know some people may actually consider an afterlife of non-existence quite pleasant. You just don't get it. Not everybody THINKS like you. Not everybody has learned to or feesl the need to seek solace in an afterlife. For me the ideal afterlife is simply ceasing to exist, I'm at peace with it. There's also something very beautiful about going out in that way, it perpetuates the cycle of life. When anything dies it's body serves as fertilizer than spawns more life, so you could say in a way none of us every really dies. Matter can never be created or destroyed.
wink.gif

I can't off myself because I value THIS LIFE. If you like the afterlife so much why dont YOU go off yourself.....oh wait, some religious people already do that.
eek.gif

We don't all think the same chief, stop projecting your fears and insecurities on others.
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

ohwell.gif

tired.gif

-You know some people may actually consider an afterlife of non-existence quite pleasant. You just don't get it. Not everybody THINKS like you. Not everybody has learned to or feesl the need to seek solace in an afterlife. For me the ideal afterlife is simply ceasing to exist, I'm at peace with it. There's also something very beautiful about going out in that way, it perpetuates the cycle of life. When anything dies it's body serves as fertilizer than spawns more life, so you could say in a way none of us every really dies. Matter can never be created or destroyed.
wink.gif

I can't off myself because I value THIS LIFE. If you like the afterlife so much why dont YOU go off yourself.....oh wait, some religious people already do that.
eek.gif

We don't all think the same chief, stop projecting your fears and insecurities on others.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

ohwell.gif

tired.gif

Answer this, what's a rational believer? Actually, before we get ahead of ourselves, what is the definition of rational? For one to be rational, one must be agreeable to reason. A belief in a supernatural god requires one to suspend their ability to be reasonable. Does believing in something that is invisible and has no evidence of ever being fall under being rational? I think not.

And wow, you really think because you believe in an afterlife that we're just wasting our time on this world? And you have the nerve to call out atheists for having their noses in the air? Please.

I'd argue that atheists cherish life more than those that believe in an afterlife. Why? Because this is the only life we're ever going to experience! We're not busy worrying about following some archaic rules in a book. I'd also contend that atheists care more about the world we live on since this is going to be the only world we'll ever experience. I've heard too many religious folk spout off about how this world is a hollow shell doomed to damnation and that sustaining the environment is a futile effort. We're not going to be "rotting away in the ground getting eaten by maggots" as you so eloquently put it because we'll be dead. We will have ceased to exist. I don't see a problem with life ending just like that. The idea of a lifeless body underground being used by other organisms to continue the cycle of life is not scary. It's actually rather beautiful.
You and I think exactly alike
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
You stole the words right out my mouth.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

ohwell.gif

tired.gif

You and I think exactly alike
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
You stole the words right out my mouth.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by Wr

I'll move it back 5-10 thousand years ago (I was too lazy to look up the info).  Or I'll change the flat earth to the geocentric earth.  It doesn't change the point.  Even if the majority or ALL people believe in something, it does not make it true.
Belief in a religion is a recent occurrence. Before Christianity was hi-jacked, the concept of spirituality and union with God was based on gnosis or knowledge. Believing in something is only relevant in the proximity of persuasive language and was identified as a sin in the bible.    
I was going to say, it doesn't change the point at all. In fact he may have inadvertently helped you make the point. A great number of people can be made to believe ANYTHING.

laugh.gif

imagine someone in a debate, trying to MAKE A POINT?? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

beyond that, you didn't say much at all.

That's just what you think. And as usual, you are wrong...

Originally Posted by Wr

I'll move it back 5-10 thousand years ago (I was too lazy to look up the info).  Or I'll change the flat earth to the geocentric earth.  It doesn't change the point.  Even if the majority or ALL people believe in something, it does not make it true.
Belief in a religion is a recent occurrence. Before Christianity was hi-jacked, the concept of spirituality and union with God was based on gnosis or knowledge. Believing in something is only relevant in the proximity of persuasive language and was identified as a sin in the bible.    
I was going to say, it doesn't change the point at all. In fact he may have inadvertently helped you make the point. A great number of people can be made to believe ANYTHING.

laugh.gif

imagine someone in a debate, trying to MAKE A POINT?? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

beyond that, you didn't say much at all.

That's just what you think. And as usual, you are wrong...

I stopped going into these threads because at the end of the day nobody knows if the right, none of us are dead so let people believe what they believe. ...yea i believe in god but its not like i can prove anything to an atheist and vice versa so just enjoy ur life and enjoy ur beliefs

I stopped going into these threads because at the end of the day nobody knows if the right, none of us are dead so let people believe what they believe. ...yea i believe in god but its not like i can prove anything to an atheist and vice versa so just enjoy ur life and enjoy ur beliefs

Originally Posted by al3x89

no because god said he forgives all sinners.

Alright, finally someone brings this up. Ok, quick question. If god forgives all sinners, right? Then why is there the need of a judgement day? Why is god judging other to begin with? Also, shouldn't this give you the green light to act immorally and go around doing whatever you want? I mean, god is gonna forgive you regardless right?

Alright, finally someone brings this up. Ok, quick question. If god forgives all sinners, right? Then why is there the need of a judgement day? Why is god judging other to begin with? Also, shouldn't this give you the green light to act immorally and go around doing whatever you want? I mean, god is gonna forgive you regardless right?

If you are into understanding what religion is really all about I suggest you check this video out. 

In here is a lot of the answers to questions and mistranslations of religious text a lot of the athiest seem to bring up argument after argument.

If you are into understanding what religion is really all about I suggest you check this video out. 

In here is a lot of the answers to questions and mistranslations of religious text a lot of the athiest seem to bring up argument after argument.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Every morning, God's mercy on us is new. Whether we ask for forgiveness or not His mercy is on us, not forgiveness...mercy, and I try my best not to take that for granted because He doesn't have to wake me up every morning or protect me all day and night. Never know what will happen during our day and what danger's He's protected us from, seen and unseen. So going around doing whatever we want is pretty much saying "Lord I'm going to purposely sin because I KNOW your going to forgive me when I apologize later so brb
wink.gif
". Problem with that is we don't know when the death angel is going to pay us a visit and not be held back. It's too late then. Your forgiven when you repent while alive, not just.....regardless of whether you acknowledged it or not.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Every morning, God's mercy on us is new. Whether we ask for forgiveness or not His mercy is on us, not forgiveness...mercy, and I try my best not to take that for granted because He doesn't have to wake me up every morning or protect me all day and night. Never know what will happen during our day and what danger's He's protected us from, seen and unseen. So going around doing whatever we want is pretty much saying "Lord I'm going to purposely sin because I KNOW your going to forgive me when I apologize later so brb
wink.gif
". Problem with that is we don't know when the death angel is going to pay us a visit and not be held back. It's too late then. Your forgiven when you repent while alive, not just.....regardless of whether you acknowledged it or not.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

I stopped going into these threads because at the end of the day nobody knows if there right, none of us are dead so let people believe what they believe. ...yea i believe in god but its not like i can prove anything to an atheist and vice versa so just enjoy ur life and enjoy ur beliefs

I stopped going into these threads because at the end of the day nobody knows if there right, none of us are dead so let people believe what they believe. ...yea i believe in god but its not like i can prove anything to an atheist and vice versa so just enjoy ur life and enjoy ur beliefs

philosoraptor-meme-generator-if-you-don-t-come-into-threads-like-this-how-did-you-post-a-reply-006271.jpg

philosoraptor-meme-generator-if-you-don-t-come-into-threads-like-this-how-did-you-post-a-reply-006271.jpg

Originally Posted by whiterails

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by whiterails

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom