if GOD exists... Question.

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion."

Do you have proof for this "soul" that you claim to exist inside you? No. Yet, you continue to believe otherwise. Do you have proof for this God that you claim to exist? No. Yet, you continue to believe otherwise.

Does the insane person have proof that their imaginary friend exists elsewhere except in their head? No. Yet, they continue to believe otherwise. How are you any different from the insane person?

Are there no consequences for our actions on Earth? You have heard of prison, correct? Btw, any proof of this afterlife? No? Yet, you continue to believe otherwise?

2000 years ago, the overwhelming majority of the world believed that the world was flat. Is the earth flat? No. How do we know this? We asked questions to which we did not know the answers to.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion."

Do you have proof for this "soul" that you claim to exist inside you? No. Yet, you continue to believe otherwise. Do you have proof for this God that you claim to exist? No. Yet, you continue to believe otherwise.

Does the insane person have proof that their imaginary friend exists elsewhere except in their head? No. Yet, they continue to believe otherwise. How are you any different from the insane person?

Are there no consequences for our actions on Earth? You have heard of prison, correct? Btw, any proof of this afterlife? No? Yet, you continue to believe otherwise?

2000 years ago, the overwhelming majority of the world believed that the world was flat. Is the earth flat? No. How do we know this? We asked questions to which we did not know the answers to.

How do prototypical non-religious/atheist countries keep their population from resorting to anarchy and savagery without promises of eternal bliss or damnation for evil acts?
nerd.gif

It's not that simple is it.
eyes.gif

How do prototypical non-religious/atheist countries keep their population from resorting to anarchy and savagery without promises of eternal bliss or damnation for evil acts?
nerd.gif

It's not that simple is it.
eyes.gif

Wrong. It was only a popular idea in Europe and to say otherwise was death from the European church empire. The rest of the world knew it was round shape and that the earth was not the center of the universe. These ideas where later suppressed by the church to fit in with their propaganda and destroy peoples orientation to spirituality and the world around them.  
we are hardwired for the afterlife. 

Wrong. It was only a popular idea in Europe and to say otherwise was death from the European church empire. The rest of the world knew it was round shape and that the earth was not the center of the universe. These ideas where later suppressed by the church to fit in with their propaganda and destroy peoples orientation to spirituality and the world around them.  

Originally Posted by Wr

I'll move it back 5-10 thousand years ago (I was too lazy to look up the info) and maybe  I'll change the flat earth to the geocentric earth.  It doesn't change the point.  Even if the majority or ALL people believe in something, it does not make it true.

Originally Posted by Wr

I'll move it back 5-10 thousand years ago (I was too lazy to look up the info) and maybe  I'll change the flat earth to the geocentric earth.  It doesn't change the point.  Even if the majority or ALL people believe in something, it does not make it true.

Originally Posted by Wr

I'll move it back 5-10 thousand years ago (I was too lazy to look up the info).  Or I'll change the flat earth to the geocentric earth.  It doesn't change the point.  Even if the majority or ALL people believe in something, it does not make it true.

I was going to say, it doesn't change the point at all. In fact he may have inadvertently helped you make the point. A great number of people can be made to believe ANYTHING.

Originally Posted by Wr

I'll move it back 5-10 thousand years ago (I was too lazy to look up the info).  Or I'll change the flat earth to the geocentric earth.  It doesn't change the point.  Even if the majority or ALL people believe in something, it does not make it true.

I was going to say, it doesn't change the point at all. In fact he may have inadvertently helped you make the point. A great number of people can be made to believe ANYTHING.

Originally Posted by Wr

Belief in a religion is a recent occurrence. Before Christianity was hi-jacked, the concept of spirituality and union with God was based on gnosis or knowledge. Believing in something is only relevant in the proximity of persuasive language and was identified as a sin in the bible.    

That's the problem with you guys. You're too busy trying to win, making points and arguing about the logic of religion and God, rather than either being proactive about finding the real truth behind the veils, or even letting people be. Ya'll are stuck on the logos when that is only one dimension of the entire conundrum which is why all these threads end exactly the same. 

Originally Posted by Wr

Belief in a religion is a recent occurrence. Before Christianity was hi-jacked, the concept of spirituality and union with God was based on gnosis or knowledge. Believing in something is only relevant in the proximity of persuasive language and was identified as a sin in the bible.    

That's the problem with you guys. You're too busy trying to win, making points and arguing about the logic of religion and God, rather than either being proactive about finding the real truth behind the veils, or even letting people be. Ya'll are stuck on the logos when that is only one dimension of the entire conundrum which is why all these threads end exactly the same. 

I don't have a horse in this race but Atheists always preach about proof and evidence. 

I can't prove Karma exists but I believe in it, I'm not a religious person btw. Live and let live is the motto I live by.
Can anyone prove they love their Parents/Grandparents? Anyone? (Sorry if you have no loved ones, sincerely.)
...Do atheists believe in love? serious question.

I don't have a horse in this race but Atheists always preach about proof and evidence. 

I can't prove Karma exists but I believe in it, I'm not a religious person btw. Live and let live is the motto I live by.
Can anyone prove they love their Parents/Grandparents? Anyone? (Sorry if you have no loved ones, sincerely.)

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

You mean your interpretation of the truth behind the veils.

Anyhow I'm as mystified by the cosmos, the spawn of creation, the paranormal and the afterlife as the next man. At the present my search for truth is inconclusive at best
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

Anyhow I'm as mystified by the cosmos, the spawn of creation, the paranormal and the afterlife as the next man. At the present my search for truth is inconclusive at best
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Wr

ohwell.gif

It's only mankind who claims to be a proprietary owner of ideas and truth's like they truly can be owned.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

ohwell.gif

It's only mankind who claims to be a proprietary owner of ideas and truth's like they truly can be owned.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BC2310

Atheists aren't the only ones who preach proof and evidence, religious people do as well....they choose to throw it out the window when it is convenient. If I tell a religious person I saw a 50 foot giraffe fly toward me and tell me it was God I guarantee they are going to ask for proof.

Atheists aren't the only ones who preach proof and evidence, religious people do as well....they choose to throw it out the window when it is convenient. If I tell a religious person I saw a 50 foot giraffe fly toward me and tell me it was God I guarantee they are going to ask for proof.

Religious people have something called 'Faith' though. I don't knock em' for that. You didn't answer my question about love.

Religious people have something called 'Faith' though. I don't knock em' for that. You didn't answer my question about love.

Yes, ironically they call atheists out for denying their faith yet they deny other faiths.
ohwell.gif

Your question about love is not as profound as you're attempting to make it to be

-Why does a mother "love" its child? Love is a human emotion governed by a complex interplay between brain chemistry, familiarity, experiences and other factors. Not sure what did has to do with religion.  In the same way hate is a complex emotion that can be wired into our psyche. I can teach my offspring to hate a certain group of people. Atheists believe in emotions....I don't see why they wouldn't. Atheists experience love and hate, therefore it exists.

Yes, ironically they call atheists out for denying their faith yet they deny other faiths.
ohwell.gif

Your question about love is not as profound as you're attempting to make it to be

-Why does a mother "love" its child? Love is a human emotion governed by a complex interplay between brain chemistry, familiarity, experiences and other factors. Not sure what did has to do with religion.  In the same way hate is a complex emotion that can be wired into our psyche. I can teach my offspring to hate a certain group of people. Atheists believe in emotions....I don't see why they wouldn't. Atheists experience love and hate, therefore it exists.

Back
Top Bottom