if GOD exists... Question.

Originally Posted by whiterails

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

I stopped going into these threads because at the end of the day nobody knows if there right, none of us are dead so let people believe what they believe. ...yea i believe in god but its not like i can prove anything to an atheist and vice versa so just enjoy ur life and enjoy ur beliefs

double

I stopped going into these threads because at the end of the day nobody knows if there right, none of us are dead so let people believe what they believe. ...yea i believe in god but its not like i can prove anything to an atheist and vice versa so just enjoy ur life and enjoy ur beliefs

double

philosoraptor-meme-generator-if-you-don-t-come-into-threads-like-this-how-did-you-post-a-reply-006271.jpg

Philosoraptor never fails
laugh.gif

philosoraptor-meme-generator-if-you-don-t-come-into-threads-like-this-how-did-you-post-a-reply-006271.jpg

Philosoraptor never fails
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey
Yo, Ya start some stupid, If God exist.........thread like EVERY WEEK!!!! Yo no one on this PLANET has all the answers, do you know how many grains of sand are in Clearwater beach? do you know how many planets are out there? How we evolved? My point is there are a lot of things we dont have the answer to, we may get the answers when we die, we may not, but yo life is too short for all this petty bickering about ones beliefs. As a  child yes,most of us were "forced" to believe in God and religion, but most of us here are grown *+$ men who can make choices for ourselves, I have witnessed miracles, I have observed the unexplainable and I BELIEVE there is a powerful energy out there responsible for my creation, is this energy moral and did he set Commandements for us to follow? Probably not, but I do believe in an afterlife and I refuse to believe I will wind up the same place with Hitler for the rest of eternity,  I do believe in the concept of a SOUL and our souls go to another level of existence after well all expire. Is there a St. Peter waiting in the pearly gates??? I have no freakin CLUE, but I promise you  if society goes on thinking there is no God which ultimately means no consequences, there would be completely Anarchy out here, the belief in God is why some people do extraordinary things in this planet. There will always be crooked people who manipulate people in the name of God, but yo thats been happening since the beginning of time, Its one thing to not believe in God you are entitled to you opinion but blatantly disrespecting/ridiculing/mocking people who do believe in God is childish, immature and pretty much a lost cause, the same way you wont convince me there is not a God is the same I cant convince you there is one. We go on and one arguing things that nobody has answers to. IMO a lot of you atheist are either miserable, had something real traumatic happen to you and believe a good God would not allow something so bad to happen to YOU or you were just raised to not believe in him. W/e the reason is, it is what it is, but to go around saying 5 billion people are crazy is really full of yaself.
Clap.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

Yo, Ya start some stupid, If God exist.........thread like EVERY WEEK!!!! Yo no one on this PLANET has all the answers, do you know how many grains of sand are in Clearwater beach? do you know how many planets are out there? How we evolved? My point is there are a lot of things we dont have the answer to, we may get the answers when we die, we may not, but yo life is too short for all this petty bickering about ones beliefs. As a  child yes,most of us were "forced" to believe in God and religion, but most of us here are grown *+$ men who can make choices for ourselves, I have witnessed miracles, I have observed the unexplainable and I BELIEVE there is a powerful energy out there responsible for my creation, is this energy moral and did he set Commandements for us to follow? Probably not, but I do believe in an afterlife and I refuse to believe I will wind up the same place with Hitler for the rest of eternity,  I do believe in the concept of a SOUL and our souls go to another level of existence after well all expire. Is there a St. Peter waiting in the pearly gates??? I have no freakin CLUE, but I promise you  if society goes on thinking there is no God which ultimately means no consequences, there would be completely Anarchy out here, the belief in God is why some people do extraordinary things in this planet. There will always be crooked people who manipulate people in the name of God, but yo thats been happening since the beginning of time, Its one thing to not believe in God you are entitled to you opinion but blatantly disrespecting/ridiculing/mocking people who do believe in God is childish, immature and pretty much a lost cause, the same way you wont convince me there is not a God is the same I cant convince you there is one. We go on and one arguing things that nobody has answers to. IMO a lot of you atheist are either miserable, had something real traumatic happen to you and believe a good God would not allow something so bad to happen to YOU or you were just raised to not believe in him. W/e the reason is, it is what it is, but to go around saying 5 billion people are crazy is really full of yaself.
Clap.gif

Originally Posted by reddmann s2

Originally Posted by Wr

I didn't even see this gem of a rant. Thanks for bumping it.
An appeal to ignorance does not validate your claim that there is a god. It only highlights that human knowledge is limited, nothing more.

Just because you are a "grown !%+ man" doesn't mean the shackles of religion can't still be on you unwittingly. You claim to be unsure of whether there is a moral god that set commandments for us but you seem pretty convinced there is definitely a heaven or a hell (judging by your mentions of St. Peter and Hitler.) You might have "made the choice" for yourself but you're lying if you don't honestly think that what you believe now is in someway influenced by your upbringing which you could not control.

Your anecdotal accounts of the supernatural are also not evidence for there being a god. I could say I saw a pirate with a peg-leg riding down the block on a unicorn but would you take my word for it?

I also disagree with your assertion that if there is no cosmic being, that will pass judgement and damnation upon us if we don't get our acts together, that society will fall into anarchy. That's the problem with parents teaching their kids about this crap. Instead of raising kids to believe that doing right by their fellow man is moral for the sake of a functioning society, they teach kids to fear this invisible being that might damn them to a burning pool of fire for eternity. Cool. I don't believe that FEAR should be what keeps people in line in a society but respect for their fellow man.

When legitimate skepticism is leveled towards the respective religions, not a one evidence for belief can be mustered. I have never seen once on my time here on NT that people have been able to produce even a shred of evidence to support the belief of a god. Wouldn't it make sense for those that believe something to be able to properly defend/back up their beliefs?

I am an atheist. I am not miserable
laugh.gif
(actually, I'm a lot happier now than when I was a Christian from the age of 5 through 18.) Nothing really traumatic has happened to me. I DON'T believe that if there really was a god (especially the one that Christians claim "love" us) that he/she/it would allow all these terrible things to happen to the people on this world; especially if he's supposedly omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. To be able to know everything, be everywhere, and be all powerful and NOT do anything is sadistic at worst and uncaring at best.

5 billion people being wrong is more likely than a god existing that 5 billion people can't produce a single shred of real evidence for.

Originally Posted by Wr

An appeal to ignorance does not validate your claim that there is a god. It only highlights that human knowledge is limited, nothing more.

Just because you are a "grown !%+ man" doesn't mean the shackles of religion can't still be on you unwittingly. You claim to be unsure of whether there is a moral god that set commandments for us but you seem pretty convinced there is definitely a heaven or a hell (judging by your mentions of St. Peter and Hitler.) You might have "made the choice" for yourself but you're lying if you don't honestly think that what you believe now is in someway influenced by your upbringing which you could not control.

Your anecdotal accounts of the supernatural are also not evidence for there being a god. I could say I saw a pirate with a peg-leg riding down the block on a unicorn but would you take my word for it?

I also disagree with your assertion that if there is no cosmic being, that will pass judgement and damnation upon us if we don't get our acts together, that society will fall into anarchy. That's the problem with parents teaching their kids about this crap. Instead of raising kids to believe that doing right by their fellow man is moral for the sake of a functioning society, they teach kids to fear this invisible being that might damn them to a burning pool of fire for eternity. Cool. I don't believe that FEAR should be what keeps people in line in a society but respect for their fellow man.

When legitimate skepticism is leveled towards the respective religions, not a one evidence for belief can be mustered. I have never seen once on my time here on NT that people have been able to produce even a shred of evidence to support the belief of a god. Wouldn't it make sense for those that believe something to be able to properly defend/back up their beliefs?

laugh.gif
(actually, I'm a lot happier now than when I was a Christian from the age of 5 through 18.) Nothing really traumatic has happened to me. I DON'T believe that if there really was a god (especially the one that Christians claim "love" us) that he/she/it would allow all these terrible things to happen to the people on this world; especially if he's supposedly omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. To be able to know everything, be everywhere, and be all powerful and NOT do anything is sadistic at worst and uncaring at best.

5 billion people being wrong is more likely than a god existing that 5 billion people can't produce a single shred of real evidence for.

double

exactly my point, nothing was said to prove anything....so let people believe what they believe and let this thread die 

You're not doing a very good job letting this thread die.

You don't like the thread, YOU can leave. Yet you continue to post.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

double

exactly my point, nothing was said to prove anything....so let people believe what they believe and let this thread die 

You're not doing a very good job letting this thread die.

You don't like the thread, YOU can leave. Yet you continue to post.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by Wr

laugh.gif

Great post, Id also like to stress one thing to all the salty believers out there who b***** and moan about religious threads on NT. Nobody is forcing you to come here. It would be one thing if I went to your house early in the morning with pamphlets and started proselytizing (see what was done here
wink.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
) but you actively have to click into this thread and engage in discussion. Yall fall into the trap every single time, and then complain when you realize most arguments for religion hold no merit. God gave you fingers and free will to make these decisions.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by Wr

laugh.gif

Great post, Id also like to stress one thing to all the salty believers out there who b***** and moan about religious threads on NT. Nobody is forcing you to come here. It would be one thing if I went to your house early in the morning with pamphlets and started proselytizing (see what was done here
wink.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
) but you actively have to click into this thread and engage in discussion. Yall fall into the trap every single time, and then complain when you realize most arguments for religion hold no merit. God gave you fingers and free will to make these decisions.

There is no difference between believeing in a god, and believing what you are told about how the universe came to be (big bang theory). Until YOU yourself can prove whether the big bang is in fact how the universe started, then you're blindly following what scientists are telling you. That is no different than religous people all over the world believing in god.

You tell me what's harder to believe. That there is a ever-existing supernatural creator of the universe? Or, that everything we see today, all came from nothing? If the scientific theory for how the universe was born, is something from nothing, does the idea of god really sound as farfetched as you thought?

They're both quite hard to believe.

So let's just agree to disagree since niether can be proven true or false. Until then, let's not judge, mock, or insult eachother.

Peace.

God is love.

There is no difference between believeing in a god, and believing what you are told about how the universe came to be (big bang theory). Until YOU yourself can prove whether the big bang is in fact how the universe started, then you're blindly following what scientists are telling you. That is no different than religous people all over the world believing in god.

You tell me what's harder to believe. That there is a ever-existing supernatural creator of the universe? Or, that everything we see today, all came from nothing? If the scientific theory for how the universe was born, is something from nothing, does the idea of god really sound as farfetched as you thought?

So let's just agree to disagree since niether can be proven true or false. Until then, let's not judge, mock, or insult eachother.

Peace.

God is love.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Peace.

God is love.
The big bang is a theory-I don't "blindly" follow what scientists tell me, that would make me a very lousy scientist.

God had to have come from nothing as well, which would make it doubly far-fetched wouldn't it?

The difference between scientists and religious folks, is that science is perpetually searching for truths. I am at peace with the fact that I have no idea what spawned the universe, I have theories and will not pass them off as fact. Most religious people would never admit this, they are taught to think their beliefs are infallible truths.

I cannot stress this any more, the big bang is a "THEORY".

Peace.

God is love.
The big bang is a theory-I don't "blindly" follow what scientists tell me, that would make me a very lousy scientist.

God had to have come from nothing as well, which would make it doubly far-fetched wouldn't it?

The difference between scientists and religious folks, is that science is perpetually searching for truths. I am at peace with the fact that I have no idea what spawned the universe, I have theories and will not pass them off as fact. Most religious people would never admit this, they are taught to think their beliefs are infallible truths.

"To firmly stand by any belief, you agree with something that you don't have full evidence of. That is equitable to bearing false witness."

"To firmly stand by any belief, you agree with something that you don't have full evidence of. That is equitable to bearing false witness."

Peace.

God is love.

Well we believe that god has always existed. There is no beginning or end to god, unlike the universe which came from nothing. But like you said, those are MY beliefs just as you have yours, and I do agree that we Christians need to stop trying to force our beliefs on people and remember that what we believe in is not based on fact but faith. But at the same time there are many who have opposing views about religion and they tend to mock, and try to ridicule people of faith. Both sides have people who need to respect opposing beliefs.  

Peace.

God is love.

Well we believe that god has always existed. There is no beginning or end to god, unlike the universe which came from nothing. But like you said, those are MY beliefs just as you have yours, and I do agree that we Christians need to stop trying to force our beliefs on people and remember that what we believe in is not based on fact but faith. But at the same time there are many who have opposing views about religion and they tend to mock, and try to ridicule people of faith. Both sides have people who need to respect opposing beliefs.  

good thread. I'm wondering when Jesus was alive and I do feel he was alive at some point in history. What else was going on in the world at the time?? What/Who else was out here during the time of He and his peoples??

Back
Top Bottom