IS NIKETALK NEW LAYOUT TRASH???? THREAD

IS THE LAYOUT TRASH

• Total voters
I figured the page # thing would be fixed on mobile cuz it was definitely showing at first. Same with the last post link option.

Lmao @ some of ya who have enjoyed this site for AGES, grown with it, met people off it, etc etc questioning a 20$ fee so that your browsing experience is ad free and smooth, ya some straight up cheap broke bois, type of dudes that pull out calculators when the bill at the restaurant comes during a group dinner....keeping tabs on all ya.

Any NT regular without the “supporter” banner, needs to be clowned and shamed....?

Btw the lag on mobile is due to the Ads, once you pay up, the site is MUCH better to browse on mobile

Any NT regular without the “supporter” banner, needs to be clowned and shamed....?
No, they don’t. If you view the ads, you are supporting our community.

In fact, we deliberately priced the subscription low in honor of the upcoming 20th anniversary and to make the option accessible. If you’re someone who views 25,000 ads a year (which, if you let some people tell it, is like ten threads’ worth), those ad views may actually help us generate more money than the supporter option, depending on the going rates. (Ad blockers, of course, are another matter...)

Bottom line: whether you’re a “supporter” or an ad viewer, you’re helping us to maintain and improve our community and we appreciate you.

So why make badges? It’s not for the sake of elitism, but to raise awareness for the option. There’s an “upgrade” option available in user preferences and we reference it when users attempt to visit with an ad blocker enabled, but that’s about it. We’re not going to spam the site to advertise a feature for people who dislike advertising. The badges help get he point across more naturally.

Shaming those who choose to contribute in a different way than you does not help NikeTalk. If you have a badge and you want to help, just politely explain what it is if you’re asked, and don’t pressure anyone into it on our behalf. We created it so that each of you would have a choice. So let them choose for themselves as you have.

No, they don’t. If you view the ads, you are supporting our community.

In fact, we deliberately priced the subscription low in honor of the upcoming 20th anniversary and to make the option accessible. If you’re someone who views 25,000 ads a year (which, if you let some people tell it, is like ten threads’ worth), those ad views may actually help us generate more money than the supporter option, depending on the going rates. (Ad blockers, of course, are another matter...)

Bottom line: whether you’re a “supporter” or an ad viewer, you’re helping us to maintain and improve our community and we appreciate you.

So why make badges? It’s not for the sake of elitism, but to raise awareness for the option. There’s an “upgrade” option available in user preferences and we reference it when users attempt to visit with an ad blocker enabled, but that’s about it. We’re not going to spam the site to advertise a feature for people who dislike advertising. The badges help get he point across more naturally.

Shaming those who choose to contribute in a different way than you does not help NikeTalk. If you have a badge and you want to help, just politely explain what it is if you’re asked, and don’t pressure anyone into it on our behalf. We created it so that each of you would have a choice. So let them choose for themselves as you have.

I get you are trying to be mature and inclusive of all members, but you know that’s not how we do...the regulars know who they are, I’m not speaking on all members of general who casually browse through, Im speaking on those of us who have been active on here day after day for close to a decade....you chose to be cheap and not contribute 20 bucks ima look at you a certain type of way....like someone else said, is practically the equivalent of running into say you, or another staff member IRL and buying ya a drink for all the hard work ya have put in for years to this site.

The new layout is cool, no complaints here but can we please have gifs as avys again??

also I am a supporter ?

u can change ur layout style
i changed it to the og
so it looks like it kinda did before
it really doesn't...and da lag is real bad between when i type and when da letter appears...

Screenshot_20190928-094406.png

da letter font on this whole site is stringy and skinny, it isn't bold and clear anymore....

here's an example of a old exchange with SC kid SC kid & i

Screenshot_20190928-095128.png

da Avatar was well represented, spacing ratios was perfect, font was bold..

Screenshot_20190928-095821.png

look at da difference using @HellaSteph as a example...

ya can't tell me this looks better.....

Couldn't ya of implemented da new features without overhauling da aesthetics of Niketalk? ?‍♂️ most folks here were asking for minor tweaks, to a existing game... Street Fighter II to Street Fighter II Championship Edition.

also our Join dates are gone from our postings, where are they?

Last edited:
Yea the font is different.

I don't mind the new layout.
I think it's modern, sleek, clean etc.

And as always with changes to the site there is that initial phase of getting accustomed, then a week or weeks later it feels completely normal.
But I really liked the last version. I think I liked that version the best out of all.
Maybe because I'm #washed but it was just simple and felt more comfortable.
I'm sure I'll grow to like this version.

NT is like that bar you've been going to forever where there's the same people.

So when all of a sudden you go there and it's been renovated it's a shock initially but you forget over time and slowly become comfortable.

As long as the people are here that's what's most important.

Not having join date and “reaction score” by the avys is weird.

Getting to Watched Threads is a little more tedious now, which is annoying. That’s basically how I use the site, but can definitely acknowledge that others may do things differently.

Also, when uploading pics from phone and then clicking Full Image, why is it so damn small before you click post? :lol:

I’m already pretty much used to it after switching to OG

Just not as swift moving around as I was before, but that will come with time

The only 2 things I can say are:
-I wish I could see my recent posts (that’s how I check on threads) currently they are from like 2017
-I don’t know if it’s an issue in our end but I’m still not able to see IG posts when I’m not connected to WiFi, looks like this
D5CCA9D3-3711-4D24-A6FB-8946031B5FC4.png

it really doesn't...and da lag is real bad between when i type and when da letter appears...

Screenshot_20190928-094406.png

da letter font on this whole site is stringy and skinny, it isn't bold and clear anymore....

Is this portrait mode? Mine looks terrible.
A4A13136-13FA-4383-B6F8-D4142EF4BD16.jpeg

So much wasted space. And loss of info. No page number or last post or when the thread was created? Do y’all even scroll and browse NT? These changes were unnecessary.

And quoting or using an image, it’s literally microscopic. But your emojis take up a whole page.

Not trying to read 23 pages but can someone tell me if there is a way to jump forums on this new layout?

Back
Top Bottom