Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

If we want real progress in the conflict, Hamas needs to be purged, and completely replaced with a new government. Isreal needs to elect more leftist politicians, and there needs to be a legit effort made in restoring Palestine, and modernizing their infrastructure. Free up many of the sanctions that isreal has imposed to allow Palestine to flourish.
Reinforcing the PLO and cutting Iran’s channels off.

Israel has been letting in more settlers and taking more land illegallya d treating them like second class human beings. So I understand where the violence comes from. But infantry wins battles not wars. You need logistics. You need proper training. You need supplies and supply lines. You need competent management. You need clear and attainable political objectives that the violence is in support of. All of this should have been developed in the last 50 years.

18a.jpg

Been doing some reading. The Palestinians shoulder a lot of blame for their current situation.

1. They have no allies. After the six day war the surrounding Arab nations offered assistance in the forms of propping up the PLO/PA with money and taking in lot of refugees. What did they do? They nearly toppled the Jordanian government in a weird coup attempt to take over the state. They participated in the civil war in Lebanon AGAINST the people who let them in. They joined factions against the government in the Syrian Civil War. They’ve done less damage in Turkey because the Turks are on top of their game but Erdogan has little love for the Palestinians at this point. Egypt had to close their border with Gaza because they were wreaking havoc in Cairo. Saudi Arabia gave them BILLIONS of dollars. Did they Spend it on building up their social infrastructure? Building up their physical infrastructure? Nope. Guns and weapons to terrorize Israel. And when the funding dried up because no progress was made, they turned to Iran Saudi’s #1 enemy. Hence why Hezbollah joined in from the north (they are also majority Iranian backed).

2. To go deeper into the point of no infrastructure, they could’ve used the last 50 years to develop institutions of their own. It may not have been full statehood. If they made public institutions controlled by them minus the military they’d at least have something to call their own. Israel agreed to terms similar to this and the Saudis and others encouraged Arafat to take the deal. Arafat did not. So they got nothing. They are drowning in a cycle of hate and not realizing they have a part to play in the problem.

Israel has been letting in more settlers and taking more land illegallya d treating them like second class human beings. So I understand where the violence comes from. But infantry wins battles not wars. You need logistics. You need proper training. You need supplies and supply lines. You need competent management. You need clear and attainable political objectives that the violence is in support of. All of this should have been developed in the last 50 years.
"Jordan" is another state created by the British.

All those countries in that region are artificial with artificial boundaries drawn up by the west (Britain/France)

The ottoman empire controlled that region (Basically how California and New York are on opposite sides of the continent but under one umbrella as the united States)

Most of the people in that region were all under the ottomans until after WWII ended.

The British told them if they revolt against the ottomans, they would be given the land in exchange.

In typical British fashion, they lied and it was a chess move. They gave the Jewish people living in Europe the land and the state of Israel after WWII as a way of paying their war debts.

All those countries in that region are artificial with artificial boundaries drawn up by the west (Britain/France)

The ottoman empire controlled that region (Basically how California and New York are on opposite sides of the continent but under one umbrella as the united States)

Most of the people in that region were all under the ottomans until after WWII ended.

The British told them if they revolt against the ottomans, they would be given the land in exchange.

In typical British fashion, they lied and it was a chess move. They gave the Jewish people living in Europe the land and the state of Israel after WWII as a way of paying their war debts.
Brits promised Arabs independence in the region under the McMahon-Hussein Corrspondence if they revolted against the Ottoman Empire, which they did, but stabbed them in the back by dividing the region with the French under the Sykes-Picot Agreement.

I’m not well versed in any of this but hasn’t Israel been attacking Palestine for decades now even as recent as last year? Wasn’t everyone posting and crying on social media for Palestine but all of a sudden no one gives a **** and it’s all about Israel?

Am I understanding this correctly ?

Here we feel like if we holds signs up and walk on whatever side of the street law enforcement allows us to we'll get justice/raise awareness/etc and progression is either not realized or very, very slow.

And some of us will get on social media and talk about what black ppl should do with out chests out

But you don't mean it. You can't when you sit there and both sides this bull****.

Colonization is not right.
Apartheid is not right.

Dehumanizing people leads to consequences.
Everyone isn't soft. Everyone doesn't have Stockholm syndrome. Everyone wasn't broken to the point of acceptance.

You already colonized. Why continue ****ting on people??? What do you expect??

Dunno...I'm of African descent living on stolen land communicating in a language not native to my people. I'm not saying kill kill kill but I'm not going to sit here and lie to myself or others and say that there is a way out of being dehumanized, a way out of being colonized without bloodshed given the regime they're under and the global backing it has. It is what it is sadly until these white supremacist nations decide otherwise or until other nations come together and take a stand.

It's not both sides BS. Israel isn't some uniquely evil nation.

If the roles were reversed, do you think the Palestinians would be acting any differently?

I find it really hard to believe if native Americans were doing terrorism in America, or killing your family,

I don't think you'd really be so understanding.

I’m not well versed in any of this but hasn’t Israel been attacking Palestine for decades now even as recent as last year? Wasn’t everyone posting and crying on social media for Palestine but all of a sudden no one gives a **** and it’s all about Israel?

Am I understanding this correctly ?
Seems to be a rift in people from what I've seen the right or conservatives have been really gunning for Israel and support of our "greatest ally" while on the left I've seen more free Palestine posts which seems to be a dividing factor amongst people and their political beliefs not saying that's the case for everyone in those groups just saying what I've noticed.

Not to go off topic, I expect something similar to eventually happen with Kosovo and Serbia. Serbia loves to think Kosovo is theirs and tensions are high.

I hope it doesn’t but this current situation all around is disgusting

It's not both sides BS. Israel isn't some uniquely evil nation.

If the roles were reversed, do you think the Palestinians would be acting any differently?

I find it really hard to believe if native Americans were doing terrorism in America, or killing your family,

I don't think you'd really be so understanding.
I deal with reality. Reality is that the roles aren't reversed.

Native Americans should take their land back by any means necessary. I don't care how comfortable I am on this land, it is stolen. Wrong is wrong.

As a black person I don't understand how any of us can say otherwise. no amount of brainwashing and being forced to assimilate as much as possible can change that wrong.

Nobody should expect them to live happily under their oppressors. Nobody.

Native Americans should take their land back by any means necessary. I don't care how comfortable I am on this land, it is stolen. Wrong is wrong.

As a black person I don't understand how any of us can say otherwise. no amount of brainwashing and being forced to assimilate as much as possible can change that wrong.

be serious, if your family gets raped or murdered by some native american landback terrorist,
you're gunna like "oh yah haha well you got me I guess it is stolen land"?

please, that's just some stuff you say on the internet,
humans in reality don't respond that way to acts of terror commited against them.

and tbh as a black person not living in africa I don't think id be so quick to endorse blood and soil claims to land either.

does he have to make this statement?
he has to choose sides cause of his employers?

Nothing really wrong with his statement in a vacuum. The problem is the double standard. Athletes, politicians, entertainers, celebrities don't keep the same energy when the roles are reversed because it's unpopular and hurts their brand.

I finally got, what I think is an unbiased explanation of whats going on over there. All I can say is its sad innocent people are getting killed over this and I'm going to do something a lot people should've done a long time ago....mind my business. I have no dog in this hunt.

does he have to make this statement?
he has to choose sides cause of his employers?

He DOESN'T have to make a statement at all, but he did & it isn't difficult to see why he might have.

Offending Palestinians in this country doesn't seem to effect the bottom line, doing something that even hints at offending the Jewish community comes with bcklash (as we've seen celebrities go through it countless times over the past few years)

I finally got, what I think is an unbiased explanation of whats going on over there. All I can say is its sad innocent people are getting killed over this and I'm going to do something a lot people should've done a long time ago....mind my business. I have no dog in this hunt.

So what was the unbiased explanation? Just curious

I’m tracking on that. Doesn’t change the fact that those at people are now unwilling to help the Palestinians because of their current and recent actions.

I deal with reality. Reality is that the roles aren't reversed.

Nobody should expect them to live happily under their oppressors. Nobody.
Native Americans absolutely deserve their land back but I think you'd be speaking in a very different tone if a hypothetical Native American terrorist group blew up your family in an effort to take back what is rightfully theirs.
Of course terrorism is to be expected when people are facing extreme oppression like the Palestinians do, but that doesn't make terrorism right.

All Hamas is doing is further aggravating the oppression and slaughter of innocent Palestinians, and Hamas leadership is very much aware of that.
Hamas couldn't care less about the Palestinians whose lives they're playing with to increase recruitment.

Back
Top Bottom