Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

Yo. Just watched the cam footage of the kids. Incredibly sad. In heaven insha allah.

36B1B871-BE1F-430C-A096-EB6C3C3BC0DA.jpeg

I beg y’all to post this kid on your instagram and social media. Please, his death needs to be witnessed by the world.

Last edited:
the israelis will never admit their land grabs were bad moves along with the countless dead children.
the arab nations will continue to arm groups in gaza and elsewhere to prevent any kind of stability.

everyone lost.

the israelis will never admit their land grabs were bad moves along with the countless dead children.
the arab nations will continue to arm groups in gaza and elsewhere to prevent any kind of stability.

everyone lost.
What stability?

Concentration camp stability?

Can I ask why do some Americans/white folks think all Arab/Muslim countries are like ISIS and Taliban?

It is like the rest of the world thinking Canada, U.S., etc. are all like the Bible belt.

Years of Hollywood probably contributed.

If there is anything I realized during this conflict is just how much media narratives shape people’s opinions.

It’s kinda crazy. Even kids dying. Western media doesn’t even write kids or children anymore, they refer to them as persons under 18…

even the boys that were shot and killed point blank yesterday , ALL the articles in western newspaper decided on a certain narrative, that is we will mention two boys got killed but in the same article we will also talk about how two senior Hamas officials were killed.

Go check it out, it’s unreal media spin.

Ultimately that leads people here to think we’re a bunch of beheaders. Never mind that all the worlds violence comes from Europe.

ALSO, to the western world, Arab people are all the same. Which is also part of Israel’s narrative to why they should have this land, o look at little us we have space the size of New Jersey and Arabs have 21 Arab states.

This is a colonial mindset. And is extremely ignorant to think because we speak similar language we’re all the same. It’s colonialism at its finest.

Can I ask why do some Americans/white folks think all Arab/Muslim countries are like ISIS and Taliban?

It is like the rest of the world thinking Canada, U.S., etc. are all like the Bible belt.
40+ years of manipulation by the media and raising/being raised by people who believe it.

Thanks ya'll...I live in Canada and I do see the media is a big culprit...But, don't many Americans/Western have Arabs/Muslims they interact with at work, or other social settings?

It is the part this actress said about beheadings and kicking it like a soccer ball, WHAT?

I was born in Kuwait, my parents were born in Palestine, and I have visited Jordan. The Middle East is quite pluralistic and there's different ethnicites and religions. Yes, they have authoritarian governments, and there are degrees of it, but they are similar but also different to each other.

Is the Middle East more repressive? Yes, but the West lacks the historical and political context, as well as the root causes and impediments to progress in certain areas. At one point, Islamic culture/empires were even more progressive than Christian empires at the time.

Culturally, as I identify as more Westernized Arab feminist, and as an atheist. Ok, sure the West has some more 'progressive' ideals in some areas, but I can tell you there are things about Western values/countries that are quite backwards and not as forward either.

But, how is the Middle East going to be pushed to be more progressive and uphold better human rights record from their governments, if these governments are supported by the biggest/strongest Western superpowers and have a hand in the divisions and ruling with an iron fist?

Thanks ya'll...I live in Canada and I do see the media is a big culprit...But, don't many Americans/Western have Arabs/Muslims they interact with at work, or other social settings?

Yes, but that doesn't really matter man. Just look at the history of African Americans in the United States.

The type of American we're referring to in this thread is xenophobic and racist by nature. I don't think physical interaction affects their strong proclivity for tribalism. They're sheltered, ignorant, lazy and only know how to size up an individual based on surface level characteristics like race and religion. It's pretty sad and pathetic.

It's not just Americans/White people who share that view. People don't really understand that violence in the name of Islam is global.

1701471192073.png

This was from 2015. Today, these Islamic groups are destabilizing entire countries, from the Kenya and Mozambique all the way to the Western coast of the African continent. The only notable exception on this map is Senegal, which, as a majority Muslim country (90% of the population), has had Christian presidents and has never had a coup or a history of widespread violence with religious motivations.

There is also the issue of Muslim citizens placing sharia law above state law, regardless of whether the state allows the application of the former:

In many of these countries that have localities dominated by Muslims, the expectation the locals place on non-Muslim folks who live and visit is that their religious laws, not state laws, apply. You can imagine why some people who have been taught to be cautious around Islam followers would have a negative view of the religion and their perceived/observed intolerance, especially if they don't know about Senegal, Oman, and other Muslim countries that are tolerant of non-Muslim presence and ways.

Years of Hollywood probably contributed.

If there is anything I realized during this conflict is just how much media narratives shape people’s opinions.

It’s kinda crazy. Even kids dying. Western media doesn’t even write kids or children anymore, they refer to them as persons under 18…

even the boys that were shot and killed point blank yesterday , ALL the articles in western newspaper decided on a certain narrative, that is we will mention two boys got killed but in the same article we will also talk about how two senior Hamas officials were killed.

Go check it out, it’s unreal media spin.

Ultimately that leads people here to think we’re a bunch of beheaders. Never mind that all the worlds violence comes from Europe.

ALSO, to the western world, Arab people are all the same. Which is also part of Israel’s narrative to why they should have this land, o look at little us we have space the size of New Jersey and Arabs have 21 Arab states.

This is a colonial mindset. And is extremely ignorant to think because we speak similar language we’re all the same. It’s colonialism at its finest.
I always knew this about media but this has taken it to another level. I actively avoid us mainsteam media. Even in things like domestic government issues

It's not just Americans/White people who share that view. People don't really understand that violence in the name of Islam is global.

1701471192073.png

This was from 2015. Today, these Islamic groups are destabilizing entire countries, from the Kenya and Mozambique all the way to the Western coast of the African continent. The only notable exception on this map is Senegal, which, as a majority Muslim country (90% of the population), has had Christian presidents and has never had a coup or a history of widespread violence with religious motivations.

There is also the issue of Muslim citizens placing sharia law above state law, regardless of whether the state allows the application of the former:

In many of these countries that have localities dominated by Muslims, the expectation the locals place on non-Muslim folks who live and visit is that their religious laws, not state laws, apply. You can imagine why some people who have been taught to be cautious around Islam followers would have a negative view of the religion and their perceived/observed intolerance, especially if they don't know about Senegal, Oman, and other Muslim countries that are tolerant of non-Muslim presence and ways.

What in the graph is that?

It's not even accurate and what does pledge to ISIS even mean?

Most Muslims don't even take ISIS seriously and they're seen as mercenaries and CIA/MI6 assets. So are many of those other groups listed in that chart.

Also, I disagree with you that these islamist groups are the only ones destabilizing these countries. These countries were destabilized for decades via even bigger stronger imperialist superpowers at play funding civil strife and wars in the region even before these islamist groups came along.

The West/Israel, China, Russia and their allies in the countries just need these groups as pretexts to have presence in the region to fight proxy wars. For example, in the past 15 years, the US government has quietly expanded its military across the African continent, engaging in “special operations” with African troops in the name of security (i.e. AFRICOM).

Before these groups were more communist/marxist spin, but now it's islamists because of how they were funded/started by western covert agencies.

Again, I will say that Muslims are extremely diverse. As for sharia law, that's even in between families and communities and varies greatly.

Like the sharia law when used among folks I know is not even that repressive. But, some take advantage if they're more extremist/orthodox in their beliefs.

Can I also add that I never met a Muslim in my life that supports ISIS, Boko Haram and any of these mercenaries. They are usually deemed as crazy and a bunch of goons.

Sure, you will come across some who have allegiance to political islamist groups that are seen as more resistance fighters, like Hamas, or Hezbollah.

But ISIS? Never in my life have I met anyone Muslim that thinks they're some legitimate cause. Never. All I do read though from past few years is how some teenagers/young adults would be brainwashed or lured by Western intelligence agents to join those groups,. But never out loud have I met anyone that does support them, thank goodness.

I do not think I ever met a Muslim supportive of Taliban, and thank goodness I never have. I also do know some Afghans, but the only way I can see is some may feel Taliban serve to fight off Western governments/militaries, but never heard of anyone think they are legitimate to support. I should ask some though.

Back
Top Bottom