ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

I have been listening to A LOT of essential mixes lately. Anyone else listen to them regularly, if so any good recommendations (besides the usual)?

BBCs? Deadmau5 has a residency with BBC once a month this entire year. some good stuff. any preference in genre though?

Oliver's album is really off the hook. It's the breath of fresh air I needed musically. Production quality is top notch. Reminds me a little bit of random access memories, but instead of infusing the vocoder/sci-fi/robotic ish with disco, it's more infused with the retro funk vibe of the 80s. Looking forward to catching them in Brooklyn next week.

Enjoy:

My personal favorites:
Love Like This
Heart Attack
Space & Sound (my favorite track)

Was feeling Oliver's album so much I had to catch them in Brooklyn this past Thursday. Crowd was live whenever they played music off the album.

Was feeling Oliver's album so much I had to catch them in Brooklyn this past Thursday. Crowd was live whenever they played music off the album.
yo i just listened to a few tracks you posted and that **** is dope. I never heard of them before, but will be investigating further. Thanks for posting.

The de la track got me wanting to go back and listen to Plastic Beach too, an added bonus. :pimp:

Glad you're feeling it plansb plansb . They've drawn a ton of daft punk comparisons. A friend of mine knows the sound engineer of an edm mega star, and he says Oliver has the best engineering in the game right now.

It's pretty funny, they had a possible remix for Oliver in the works and were salivating at the thought of getting stems to break down their techniques, but Oliver wouldn't send it over to keep their ish secret :lol:

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this in since it is more hip hop, but i think anyone in this thread like me will appreciate this. Anyone who knows DJ Shadow knows what it is, but this is his essential mix from last year and it is oustanding. If you are an older hip hop head like myself, then i highly recommend you listen to this. The first hour is heavier and the last hour is more old school hip hopish. Whatever you want to call it, it is amazing - check it.

Back
Top Bottom