I've been scammed and I need the help of NT detectives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll come back to this thread in 10 days and will be anticipating good news, OP.

By the way, the responses in this thread are hilarious :rofl:

Op take the loss and learn from your mistake. Never ever ever send money as gift. PayPal invoice is always the way to go.

I'll come back to this thread in 10 days and will be anticipating good news, OP.

By the way, the responses in this thread are hilarious
roll.gif
lol doubt there will be good news

T ONION R!!!!
nerd.gif

*this could get crazy!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Op take the loss and learn from your mistake. Never ever ever send money as gift. PayPal invoice is always the way to go.

There Are NUMEROUS Trustworthy People On This Forum I Would Trust Gift Payment In The Hands Of :nthat:

That Clowns Post History Alone Was A Big Red Flag :smh:.... If You Weren't Putting In Work Here Back In 2007/2008 When Nike Outlets Were Getting A Bunch Of Good Releases And We Were All Sharing Info And Oops, And The Swoosh Squad Was Running Strong, There Needs To Be A Substantial Track Record For Me To Even Consider That Option Tho :wink:

Don't Let One Bad Apple Reflect On Us All People!

Last edited:
There Are NUMEROUS Trustworthy People On This Forum I Would Trust Gift Payment In The Hands Of
nthat.gif

That Clowns Post History Alone Was A Big Red Flag Tho.... If You Weren't Putting In Work Here Back In 2007/2008 When Nike Outlets Were Getting A Bunch Of Good Releases And We Were All Sharing Info And Oops, There Needs To Be A Substantial Track Record For Me To Even Consider That Option Tho
wink.gif

only time i EVER gifted money i gave it to a guy i had done 10+ transactions with

I will share my experience with this clown MRIBONIT, he claimed to have a cigar championship 6 in the Jordan Brand Forum. I message him, he says $600 shipped but he wanted me to send the payment as gift. I follow certain protocol with each transaction I make online to prevent fraud, so before any payment is made, I asked for tagged pics.

He sends me pics a whole day later with photo-shopped tags. I then ask him for handwritten tags with the date, he tells me okay. Few minutes later, I get handwritten tags with no dates and a completely different user name, I told him the jig was up.

Never send gift payment, always pay with a very detailed invoice and never buy anything without proper tagged pics, I could have lost $600, this happened on 4/29

He also tried to state he was legit by saying he sold on NT before. He sent me a screenshot of the yeezy foamposite transaction. Guess he didnt think this will come back to haunt him, karma

Last edited:
only time i EVER gifted money i gave it to a guy i had done 10+ transactions with

There's Two Members In This Thread Alone I'd Send Straight Cash To With No Second Thoughts....@bigj505 And @ColdCity Are Both Stand Up Dudes I'd Vouch For Any Time!

I'd like to include myself in this list.
I promise I'm legit bros.

Dudes screenshots are crazy though.
I do hope NT detectives can help dude out somehow.

These instances used to always bring the community together...for better or worse.
Be nice to see another one.

you have his number
send ****** hookers and a pizza party to his crib

he got future on his voice mail

lol

Last edited:
You know I don't even feel bad for absent minded folks on here who KNOW not to gift money, but do it anyway. Are shoes that important that you lose all common sense? Get it together, OP :smh:

What I never understand about these threads...

Is why you don't just take the necessary precautions to ensure a strict and safe transaction? Like...

Get a signature... Right a contract out... And bong...

You have legit evidence in court.

Cutting corners to save a few bucks on taxesa dn fees? Smh...

And also... You gotta be a scumbag lame to pull this off... How desperate are you for $400 to where you literally tell someone you're going to give them something then don't do it?

Blows my mind how lame some cats can be over s few hundred bucks...

Step ya life game up, scammbers.

:smh: :smh:

A contract?

An email laying out the terms of a transaction IS basically a contract.

Legit evidence in court?

Again, dude probably already probably has enough "legit evidence in court." The problem is, taking anybody to court is going to cost you more you stand to win in the case of some damn Foamposites.

You gifted the money = you gave him money as a gift.

Nothing left to talk about

Again, if you communicate in the message associated with the payment that this is for an item, and you have correspondence setting up the transaction, you have enough evidence to get your money back. The question is whether PP will grant it to you, since you're in this situation in the first place because you initially scammed them. But, if you wanted to elevate this legally, beyond PP, you'd win. Again, that may not be worth it though.

I always figured that if that happens to you, you just make up some fake letterhead, purporting to be an attorney, and send a sternly worded letter indicating you are going to pursue legal action. Most scammers aren't the brightest bulbs out there and probably would not be able to tell whether it was legit or not, and get shook into making good.

There Are NUMEROUS Trustworthy People On This Forum I Would Trust Gift Payment In The Hands Of :nthat:

That Clowns Post History Alone Was A Big Red Flag :smh:.... If You Weren't Putting In Work Here Back In 2007/2008 When Nike Outlets Were Getting A Bunch Of Good Releases And We Were All Sharing Info And Oops, And The Swoosh Squad Was Running Strong, There Needs To Be A Substantial Track Record For Me To Even Consider That Option Tho :wink:

Agreed. I've done transactions with lots of NTers on the honor system. There are dudes in here who have sent me hundreds of dollars worth of shoes and insisted I don't even send them money until I inspect them and consider myself satisfied. I've done similar things the other way.

Dude really photoshopped tags

:rofl:

That was horrible PS-ing too.

Like, I'm imagining dude looking at that and being like, "Yeah, that looks gooood."

Sad thing is there are plenty of people dumb enough to get fooled my something so terribly transparent.

This is why you should say screw internet and go to sneaker expos. This scammer is a total clown, call your goons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom