Iverson prepared to sign with Knicks

WOW
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by r0yalty
How your teams run from Atlanta to Virginia to Missouri to Philly to Colorado to North Carolina
laugh.gif
Probably more a fan of the player(s) than the actual teams...
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

March 12, 2010

Knicks @ Memphis. Iverson will be murdered in the City of Memphis.
Word, the 38 people who show up will all unite as one against the man who terrorized the franchise for...3 games.

As far as the AI going to the Knicks...I was on the fence about it but I'm fine with it at this point. It can't get any worse than it is right now sowhy not give it a shot? The worst case scenario for this team is having the worst record and ending up with the #1 pick to only hand it over to the Jazz...himbeing here decreases the likelihood of it happening.

It won't be pretty but it should work out for the short term...which is the ONLY reason Donnie is doing this for.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

How has he not cared the past couple years. He tried to make it work and got along well with the team in Denver. Detroit was an awful situation...what hall of famer is going to want to come off the bench when the last season they played they dropped 20+ a game.
Watch everyone come in here and say Ray Allen or Garnett. I guaran damn tee that if they were told they had to come off the bench, they would nothave agreed to be traded. Don't bring up Sheed either because he's not a hall of famer.

Denver. People say that he stunted Carmelo's growth. How did he do that when Melo had some of his best years playing alongside Iverson. I never have andnever will give George Karl credit. He's always been an overrated coach that had gotten praise because of how his players played (GP,Schrempf, Hawkins,Kemp, McMullin to Robinson and Allen to Anthony - Iverson to Billups - Anthony). Detroit. Everyone lost in that situation. Dumars, Curry, Iverson, those whoplayed bad intentionally to make a point about the coach and Iverson (Hamilton, Rasheed, Prince).

Iverson is exactly what D'Antoni's system needs. Someone who can push the rock from one end to the other and score.

Originally Posted by BangDak

tell me how he doesnt care about winning?
Is this a serious comment?

He signed with the Memphis Grizzlies and now the New York Knicks.

Say that again out loud. The MEMPHIS Grizzlies, and the New York KNICKS.

That's the end of this part of the discussion, forever.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

March 12, 2010

Word, the 38 people who show up will all unite as one against the man who terrorized the franchise for...3 games.
laugh.gif

I'm not gona argue about him wanting to win, it is clear he'd rather get a check and a place he can play significantly.

that's why im not one of 'his people'...i've never thought his game was conducive to being the man on a championship team, anyway.

But for this team? this situation? It makes sense, for all parties involved.

why couldnt you say anything about how the pistons and the griz. just dicked him over.

and what if he can help this franchise win a respectable record? what will you say then?
it cant get any worse then 2-9. im determined hes going to teach these guys how to drive to the damn basket. if you watched one knick game, tell me how manytimes we drove to the basket. you wont be able to recall much if any at all.

Utah has NY's pick, I see nothing wrong with this.

If you suck, you might as well be exciting and suck

Originally Posted by Al3xis

so CP, it can turn bad for the knicks if acts up? then cut him when he does...on the court, i dont see anything negative coming from it

if he plays well enough to think about coming back...bron and he share the same agent, think they could figure something out
So you want to lure Bron with a then 35 year old ball hog? That's your way to reach Bron's heart? Well, that and a ton of money.
laugh.gif

I mean, yeah he's better then Mo Williams, but so is my sister and the Knicks don't wanna sign her to get Bron out there.

Hey, I said it many times, just waiting for the need, if he proves me wrong, I will be here front and center to say so. No doubt about it. I'm good likethat. So if he works out for you guys, that's fine and great. Best of luck. But if he keeps doing what he's done the last 4-5 years, I'll beriled up bout as much as Steve Nash to the Lakers rumors would make me.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

So you want to lure Bron with a then 35 year old ball hog? That's your way to reach Bron's heart? Well, that and a ton of money.
laugh.gif

when did i say that? you said it could be a problem if AI wanted to stay..I don't see how it would turn him away if that was the case.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
He would only be here for this season...I'm sure that's the plan.

I'm assuming that the Knicks would pick up the remainder of his contract...which he signed with memphis for only ONE YEAR. No biggie. Can't hurt AI,and it sure as hell can't hurt the Knicks. Even at 34 years old, Iverson will be a draw for fans. Knicks fans support the team regardless of how bad theyare. I give all the credit in the world to their fan base...they are passionate. Most likely, Iverson will be on another roster next season....

Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks

March 12, 2010

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

and AI ant teaching ANYONE a god damn thing but how to be a ball hog and go party at night

NY night clubs going to be happy to see AI in town, Atlantic City will also be happy

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

March 12, 2010

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

and AI ant teaching ANYONE a god damn thing but how to be a ball hog and go party at night

NY night clubs going to be happy to see AI in town, Atlantic City will also be happy

THIS.

son will be all up in them what's poppin' pics that ninjahood always posts...

wink.gif

So he should have tried joining an contender and piggybacked his way to a chip like Payton did??? And what contender was actually trying to legitimately gethim, c'mon man you looking foolish. There were about 2 options for him, Memphis or Miami, and he choose Memphis cause there is no way him and Wade couldco-exist.

laugh.gif
I can't wait to read the back pages after they see him in the clubs outside of MSG just going crazy.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

March 12, 2010

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

THIS.

son will be all up in them what's poppin' pics that ninjahood always posts...
laugh.gif

With 2 or 3 butterfaces by his side rockin' some exotic leather leggings and doing their best Nicki Minaj impression...

laugh.gif
Its funny how people are saying Iverson will screw over the knickslike he's going to kill our cap space or we're commited to him long term. I, among most knick fans, will not care for A.I beyond this season. If hescrews up, we cut him easily. Simple as that. Besides, after this season ends, we let him walk. It's the summer of 2010

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Stephon Marbury 2.0
that would be nice........

alot of yall are really quick to diss Marbury and classify AI with him. But...

a) Marbury has never been to the finals, never won MVP, and will never get into the HOF.
b) If AI can embody the same level of success that Marbury had when we brought him here id b MORE than happy. Alot of yall forget but Marbury was a beast whenhe came in. He averaged like 24 and 8 his first season and when he came here, he was hungry, and took us from last place to the playoffs with a *##+$$ team. Imean with no draft pick, i am just looking for AI to make us fun to watch and competitive, and to help us play with some heart, so the Jazz arent picking inthe top 3 this summer. But if AI can manage to take us all the wayy to the playoffs, i think i would look at him as almost a god like figure with this *##+$$of a team, and with no draft pick so losing does us 0 good... not to mention that playoffs would be a great experience for some of our young guys even if we doend up with an early exit.

So to all of you saying #!$$ comparing this to when we brought Marbury in, honestly, thanks for the comaparison, i only hope we can be that successful.Playoffs would be niceee, and we only need AI for a year so if he can do what Steph did in his first year... I mean if AI can come in here, drop 24 and 8 andcarry THIS team to the playoffs. idk about yall but id put him in the runnings for a 2nd MVP trophy. Thanks for the comparisons
pimp.gif

and yeah just like everyone else says if it DOES fail, we can release him or just not resign him end of season. We got nothing to lose and so much to gain.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

wink.gif

So he should have tried joining an contender and piggybacked his way to a chip like Payton did??? And what contender was actually trying to legitimately get him, c'mon man you looking foolish. There were about 2 options for him, Memphis or Miami, and he choose Memphis cause there is no way him and Wade could co-exist.

Actually, if you remember correctly, Miami didn't offer him anything at the time so his ONLY option was the Grizz.

Back
Top Bottom