Iverson prepared to sign with Knicks

laugh.gif

GR8, you makin my points for me kinda, everything you said depends on IF a team does what AI wants.
grin.gif

The @#$% is that about? IF Allen wants to be on the bench or IF he gets to be the starter or he would be a 2 or 3 starter BUT his game doesn't really meshwith that. I mean, listen to what you're sayin there. Everything must meet AI's demands for him to be happy? And that's somebody everybodywants? Ok.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Ironic that there is a 35 page thread about a poor mans AI that is all talk about numbers and has the most amount of +!%$ riding I've ever seen.
Dog, I already said it... Most heads on here seem to only care about stats. Look at the talk about BJ when he went to Europe. And now look at the talk about BJ after that 55 point game. Not too many people cared about him until he a) scored 55 and b) they saw a screen name thinking BJ is a NTer.
jay-z.jpg

"Too much _______ ##!@ licking."

Shuges, as I said a few pages back, no one will answer that question. No superstar will come off the bench. Their ego's are too big for that. As Iexpected, someone brought up Rasheed Wallace going to the bench. Rasheed Wallace will NEVER be a HOF because he lacks the heart and passion to play the game.Don't think that a few outbursts, ranting and raving = passion. It doesn't.

Damn. What Iverson did to you.

From the essays he typed it sounds like AI fathered him and failed to pay child support.

Ok Knick fans, make sure to come swing thru the Lakers thread later on this year and say "CP, you was right homie" I'll be in there chillin,waitin for ya.
wink.gif

Dirk, Mike, you @#$%^&*& leave me in here by myself when you know damn well I'm sayin the same @#$% ya'll are. Thanks alot.
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Shuges, you honestly got me to laugh out loud when you threatened Ska's DFish poster.
laugh.gif

Remember Knick fans, come find me later. We gon chat real good in a few weeks. Maybe even after the first game or two if Memphis was any indication. Tilthen, ya'll have a good night.
nerd.gif

Agreed.

And plus, Sheed is not a SUPERSTAR.

It's easy for a guy like Sheed to accept going to the bench cuz he was never THE MAN anyway.

Oh, and CP.... you know I always come through the Laker threads.
devil.gif

you come find me later. you keep saying the same !++@ over and over again, yet ive told you each stint with each team.

each time, a different team gives up on him. coincidence? maybe not, but he'll help this team.
if almost every knick fan wants him, its showing something.

dominque wilkins came off the bench for the spurs and for the clippers for a brief while.

I would just disregard CPs comment on AI from here on out. Im not sure what he did to you or a family member for you to honestly hate the man as much as youdo. And there is no way you "used to root for him" and now you goin this hard.

But it is what it is. Bottom line is he helps the Knicks and they help AI. What more is there to say. I would love to know what Iverson would have to do tomake you happy CP.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I would love to know what Iverson would have to do to make you happy CP.

Funny, I said it last page.
wink.gif

I know you do Shuges.
pimp.gif
Bangdak, I don't know what you are saying. You agreein or disagreein with me? You said each team gives up on him, coinsidence, but then he will help the Knicks? Are you sayin the Knicks will orwon't give up, or the other teams are dumb, or what you sayin?

Originally Posted by CP1708

I don't really care if Iverson actually wins the ring. Comes up short, no biggie, but at least it shows me that he cares about something more then himself. He cares about TRYING to win something. He cares about helping a team win. Shaq been tossed around the league more then groupie, is that gonna take away from his legacy? No. He's still trying to win something. AND HE"S ALREADY WON!!!! If anybody had a right to join a garbage team and just put up numbers, it's Shaq. Iverson hasn't won anything. He should at least TRY to make an effort. Go sit on the bench in San Antonio. Join Boston. Play the bench for the Lakers. Play for the Magic. Hell, join the Heat if you think they're at least close. Go to Portland, try to help them. If he's truly a good enough player, and can join up with other guys and share the ball and be part of a team, and not try to be a one man show or the damn hero every night, then I would have infinite more respect for him then. Even if he fails to get the ring. It happens.
AI RedSox fan, here it is, it was page 8, not page 9, my bad.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Is it me or do the Knicks always get the player they're supposed to get 10 year late?

yup lol

watch us get Kobe when he's like 42 years old (coming out of retirement on some Jordan/Wizards type thing)
laugh.gif

I would love to know what Iverson would have to do to make you happy CP.

Funny, I said it last page.
wink.gif

I know you do Shuges.
pimp.gif
Bangdak, I don't know what you are saying. You agreein or disagreein with me? You said each team gives up on him, coinsidence, but then he will help the Knicks? Are you sayin the Knicks will or won't give up, or the other teams are dumb, or what you sayin?
he'll help us for sure. i doubt we'll give up on him like the other teams.
dude is going to shine, and carry this team. ill be sure to come back to you in a few weeks
smile.gif

Remember Knick fans, come find me later. We gon chat real good in a few weeks. Maybe even after the first game or two if Memphis was any indication. Til then, ya'll have a good night.
nerd.gif
And what exactly are you going to say, that we haven't already ourselves admitted?

AI isn't a long term answer. This team is horrible right now. We'll accept someone who wants to come in, score points, and try to win games. If webring him in, and he somehow messes things up even worse, if he and Gallinari start getting into brawls at strip clubs, then we cut him and move on. That's it.

If AI can come in, win us a few extra games, and get the fans excited about this horrible team for this season, then it's a great move for the Knicks. Ifhe becomes a problem, then we cut him, or this team continues to suck with most of these guys gone next year anyway.

I feel you. But why should he do that now. He still has a good 5 or six years left in the league. Maybe 2-3 where he can still play at an allstar level. Andthen he can go on a Cleveland/Spurs team and do his part off the bench. But Its pretty clear that he still believes that he can be a go to guy on the court fora team. And its frustrating when a team tells you that is what you are going to be and then they dont follow through with what they told you.

He is way better than Conely, I dont think you could argue that. And he was being benched for Stucky in Detroit. Rodney Stuckey? Yea ok so maybe Iverson isntthe greatest point guard in the league but he is much better than Stuckey. And if Memphis had him start who knows if Mayo learns to drive to the hoop better.Or learns how to get better seperation from his defender. Iverson doesnt have to literally sit there and say OK OJ here is what you have to do. Just watchinghim on a daily basis could have helped.

Again I dont think he is the best player in the league and Melo's taken over as my favorite player in the league. But hes not washed up to the point wherethe only reason he should be playing right now is to come off the bench for some team who doesnt need him but signs him as a tag along so he can get a ring.Hes got a couple years before he goes the GP/Malone route, if he ever decides thats what he wants to do.

CP be hating on AI for a minute now. I disagree that people think AI doesn't care about winning and that he doesn't compete as CP mentioned. Theproblem with AI is that he really thinks he is still that dude on the 76ers that was a MVP type player and that his team needs him to do all the scoring andball handling. Best case scenario for AI is to sign with a championship caliber team full of veterans that will be able to handle AI. You also need a coachthat AI will respect too. Is AI immature? Yeah, but he can still ball if given the chance.

I used to couldn't stand AI, but as the years progressed I learned to respect the way he played and apparently gave it his all and was a true warrior onthe court, but these last few seasons have just confirmed what made me not like him in the 1st place.

No matter what you guys say, dude is selfish and only looking out for his...what gets me is that he says he's said multiple times that he's willing tosacrifice anything to get a championship, but yet he's not willing to take a lesser role if that means possibly being for the betterment of the teamwhether that means more wins or development of young talent. He's a warrior, plays with all his heart, and a sure fire HOF, but AI is NOT a winner, winnersdon't act the way he does. There is a reason that no contender even was remotely interested in acquiring him this season and the black hole that is theMemphis Grizzlies were the only team to offer him. AI is NOT a superstar anymore and it seems that he doesn't want to accept that, I just believe he'shurting his legacy by his actions over the last few seasons.

This deal should be a no brainer for the Knicks though, AI gets what he wants...the green light to shoot any and everytime he so chooses and the Knicks getsomething entertaining for their fans to watch besides waiting for Bron, Kobe, Wade, etc. to visit the Garden. As for getting the club significantly more wins,I doubt AI will do too much in that department.

my thing is, will d'antoni do to him what he did with duhon and marbury?

I doubt he would go as hard as he did on steph but im not gonna think i will see duhon ride the pine for most of the game. Iverson would get about 30 mins agame ... (I think)

and then they will play together, regardless, he's taking some mins away from someone. Probably larry hughes. nate?
toney douglas is definitely getting 2 mins per game from here on out.

U know Al Harrington isnt losing any PT
David Lee? I doubt.

I mean it could be a nice little rotation if everyone is playing to full potential. ( who the hell am I kidding?)
If eddy actually produces 15 ppg and 9 and keeps losing weight, i'd be happy.

I dont wanna get my hopes up like we did for sessions.

and for those criticizing the knicks and Iverson so much, stop stressing, he's not being paid $10 million
and its most likely a one season deal.

I ALWAYS wanted NY to have a BIG name. Steph was a pretty big deal at the time, but he wasn't no A.I.
and A.I isn't what he used to be at all.

BUT its still something... back in the day I was always saying, why can't we have a big time superstar like a Michael Jordan or kobe, shaq,
ANY household name...

last time we had anyone near that level it was Patrick.

I just want a reason to tune in.

and Al3xis this is something i definitely would have thought you opposed, I know you are a Hoya man, but I thought you would have still opposed

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Is it me or do the Knicks always get the player they're supposed to get 10 year late?

I wouldn't go that far (10 years), but past they're prime... yes:

Larry Johnson
Vin Baker
Glen Rice
Mutombo
McDyess
Mugsy Bouges
Penny Hardaway
Jalen Rose
Steve Francis

Or they either let go of players too early:

Mark Jackson
Rod Strickland
Nene
Trevor Ariza
Channing Frye (
ohwell.gif
)

Speaking of which, what the hell happened to Qyntel Woods?

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Larry Johnson
Vin Baker
Glen Rice
Mutombo
McDyess
Mugsy Bouges
Penny Hardaway
Jalen Rose
Steve Francis
Don't forget Rolando Blackman, Derek Harper, Kiki Vandeweghe, Weatherspoon, Charles Smith, Buck Williams....

laugh.gif

I remember saying all of this like 2 or 3 years ago and the Knick fans nearly killed me.
laugh.gif

I was just stating the facts. The Knicks ALWAYS seem to kill careers and/or pick up washed up vets.

I feel AI will break the curse though.

SHUGES:
if my numbers come out in this evening's drawing, I might have to hunt you down and rip up your little Derek Fisher poster.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

You might want to rip my DFish poster up anyways, even if your numbers don't come through.
wink.gif

'Well why would I want to do that, ska?'

(no dunk-by)

I feel you. But why should he do that now. He still has a good 5 or six years left in the league. Maybe 2-3 where he can still play at an allstar level. And then he can go on a Cleveland/Spurs team and do his part off the bench. But Its pretty clear that he still believes that he can be a go to guy on the court for a team. And its frustrating when a team tells you that is what you are going to be and then they dont follow through with what they told you.

He is way better than Conely, I dont think you could argue that. And he was being benched for Stucky in Detroit. Rodney Stuckey? Yea ok so maybe Iverson isnt the greatest point guard in the league but he is much better than Stuckey. And if Memphis had him start who knows if Mayo learns to drive to the hoop better. Or learns how to get better seperation from his defender. Iverson doesnt have to literally sit there and say OK OJ here is what you have to do. Just watching him on a daily basis could have helped.

Again I dont think he is the best player in the league and Melo's taken over as my favorite player in the league. But hes not washed up to the point where the only reason he should be playing right now is to come off the bench for some team who doesnt need him but signs him as a tag along so he can get a ring. Hes got a couple years before he goes the GP/Malone route, if he ever decides thats what he wants to do.
He'll be 35 this coming year. Do you really think he can play at a good level @ 40?

And IMO its not about being a starter or coming off the bench. Its about accepting the role the TEAM NEEDS I-VERSON to be. His name is on the back of thejersey, not the front.

Back
Top Bottom