Iverson prepared to sign with Knicks

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I feel you. But why should he do that now. He still has a good 5 or six years left in the league. Maybe 2-3 where he can still play at an allstar level. And then he can go on a Cleveland/Spurs team and do his part off the bench. But Its pretty clear that he still believes that he can be a go to guy on the court for a team. And its frustrating when a team tells you that is what you are going to be and then they dont follow through with what they told you.

He is way better than Conely, I dont think you could argue that. And he was being benched for Stucky in Detroit. Rodney Stuckey? Yea ok so maybe Iverson isnt the greatest point guard in the league but he is much better than Stuckey. And if Memphis had him start who knows if Mayo learns to drive to the hoop better. Or learns how to get better seperation from his defender. Iverson doesnt have to literally sit there and say OK OJ here is what you have to do. Just watching him on a daily basis could have helped.

Again I dont think he is the best player in the league and Melo's taken over as my favorite player in the league. But hes not washed up to the point where the only reason he should be playing right now is to come off the bench for some team who doesnt need him but signs him as a tag along so he can get a ring. Hes got a couple years before he goes the GP/Malone route, if he ever decides thats what he wants to do.
He'll be 35 this coming year. Do you really think he can play at a good level @ 40?

And IMO its not about being a starter or coming off the bench. Its about accepting the role the TEAM NEEDS I-VERSON to be. His name is on the back of the jersey, not the front.
No if you read just one more sentence I said hes got 2 or 3 where hes "the guy" on the team then if he decides he want to title chase orretire then thats up to him.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Larry Johnson
Vin Baker
Glen Rice
Mutombo
McDyess
Mugsy Bouges
Penny Hardaway
Jalen Rose
Steve Francis
Don't forget Rolando Blackman, Derek Harper, Kiki Vandeweghe, Weatherspoon, Charles Smith, Buck Williams....

laugh.gif

I remember saying all of this like 2 or 3 years ago and the Knick fans nearly killed me.
laugh.gif

I was just stating the facts. The Knicks ALWAYS seem to kill careers and/or pick up washed up vets.

I feel AI will break the curse though.

I tried forgetting about those, but thanks for reminding me. Can we add Luc Longley to the list?

But at this rate, the Knicks will probably sign A'mare next year when they could have drafted him back in '02 and sign Brandon Jennings in 2023...

What's the worst that can happen by signing him? We start losing?
laugh.gif

T-doug can learn a thing or two from the guy...

I don't get how people could bash this move.

The Knicks are 2-9 and looking for something to tide fans over until we can start making some kind of moves with the flexibility we'll have next season.

He won't get a deal longer than one year. He'll be getting the vets minimum. We can get rid of him if things somehow get worse (I honestly don'tsee how they can).

Some people are acting like the Knicks are banking on Allen Iverson being the savior to turn this team around for the long run...no. He's here just to makethis years team more competitive.

As if anything that could happen at this point to make the Knicks situation more bleak. Only thing that can if throwing a max deal at AI or something, whichwill never happen. He can be disposed of at any time. He wants to prove he can still be the player he once was for the remainder of this season, and hopefullyget a team to sign him next season. Seems like a win-win to me.

Yeah, A+ execution by ska (in ref to the giggling gif... is that Caliendo?).

Can't even front.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I don't get how people could bash this move.

The Knicks are 2-9 and looking for something to tide fans over until we can start making some kind of moves with the flexibility we'll have next season.

He won't get a deal longer than one year. He'll be getting the vets minimum. We can get rid of him if things somehow get worse (I honestly don't see how they can).

Some people are acting like the Knicks are banking on Allen Iverson being the savior to turn this team around for the long run...no. He's here just to make this years team more competitive.

As if anything that could happen at this point to make the Knicks situation more bleak. Only thing that can if throwing a max deal at AI or something, which will never happen. He can be disposed of at any time. He wants to prove he can still be the player he once was for the remainder of this season, and hopefully get a team to sign him next season. Seems like a win-win to me.

pretty much repeated what every other knicks fan has said
laugh.gif
a nicelittle summary for all those that still did not get it.

Personally, I think if he goes to the Knicks, it's really a no brainer for both sides.

The Knicks can't pt Iverson in a worst situation, and Iverson can't put the Knicks in a worst situation. So for both sides, it's like 'Why not?What have I got to lose? Things can only remain in their crappy state for me, or improve.'

yet people decide to bash how AI is all for himself and everything.

and i dont even know what to say about that nba live photoshop
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

and i dont even know what to say about that nba live photoshop
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
I know what to say about it:

Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

People just never learn....New York is dying to be relevant so much that they would sign this problem? I am sure he will have the green light , but how longuntil David Lee and everyone else wants nothing to do with him? granted there will only be 2 guys on the roster next year, but I think they are just making aproblem worse.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dirk, Mike, you @#$%^&*& leave me in here by myself when you know damn well I'm sayin the same @#$% ya'll are. Thanks alot.
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
because your wasting your time in here thats why, its the same god damn thing in ever AI thread since this fool was in denver

SHUGES wrote:
Originally Posted by Al3xis

Ironic that there is a 35 page thread about a poor mans AI that is all talk about numbers and has the most amount of +!%$ riding I've ever seen.
Dog, I already said it... Most heads on here seem to only care about stats. Look at the talk about BJ when he went to Europe. And now look at the talk about BJ after that 55 point game. Not too many people cared about him until he a) scored 55 and b) they saw a screen name thinking BJ is a NTer.

allen your so bitter about BJ its not even funny, real talk let that !%!@ go thats female !%!@

and Shugs since you have no idea what your talking about people where talking about BJ since the zona thing came up on this board. and there was also a BJthread when did was overseas

news flash to some of yall AI ant been a superstar for almost 3-4 years now

i wont even bash the knicks for doing it

my problem is some of yall really thinking he about to help the knicks to a bunch of wins by coming in a chucking up shots (COUGH*BangDAK*COUGH) and help theother young players out. he has showed since his philly days he doesnt care about helping young players out

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

granted there will only be 2 guys on the roster next year, but I think they are just making a problem worse.
how can it be worse when its only one year?

People were comparing them straight up to each other that 55 point night, so...I take it some think they play a similar game..

One now is praised, the other is ridiculed, by those same people.

Is that not true?

That was my point. But I guess I can't mention his name anymore without being a hater. What do i need to make a public apology to him?

Larry Johnson
Vin Baker
Glen Rice
Mutombo
McDyess
Mugsy Bouges
Penny Hardaway
Jalen Rose
Steve Francis
Don't forget Rolando Blackman, Derek Harper, Kiki Vandeweghe, Weatherspoon, Charles Smith, Buck Williams....

laugh.gif

I remember saying all of this like 2 or 3 years ago and the Knick fans nearly killed me.
laugh.gif

I was just stating the facts. The Knicks ALWAYS seem to kill careers and/or pick up washed up vets.

I tried forgetting about those, but thanks for reminding me. Can we add Luc Longley to the list?

But at this rate, the Knicks will probably sign A'mare next year when they could have drafted him back in '02 and sign Brandon Jennings in 2023...
What about Sprewell?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

granted there will only be 2 guys on the roster next year, but I think they are just making a problem worse.
how can it be worse when its only one year?

I am willing to bet money that if there is 14 guys on the Knicks roster at least 10 do not want Iverson there. He sucks as a team mate unless its his way.Iverson isnt going to make them win that many more games, might as well have a better flowing offense and your roster somewhat happy then watch him dribble for5 minutes and jack 25 shots a night

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Larry Johnson
Vin Baker
Glen Rice
Mutombo
McDyess
Mugsy Bouges
Penny Hardaway
Jalen Rose
Steve Francis

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

What about Sprewell?

Dont forget the great big men the Knicks recently signed

Jerome James
Eddy Curry

grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom