Jay Z is a stubborn old hater

lol at ppl saying jay made DOA because it was trend

didnt nas do the same when people started saying hip hop was dead

Originally Posted by thegreatest92

Your point? PPL got on NaS for the same thing Ol Man Jigga is doing now. You have no point or no memory.

disappointing to see the amount of disrespectful comments made about jay in this thread.

you'd think 13 years later even haters would give up.

september 11. blueprint 3.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Your point? PPL got on NaS for the same thing Ol Man Jigga is doing now. You have no point or no memory.

i never said people didnt get at nas my point is thats what rappers do. They see some trend and they pick up on it and make tracks. nas did it with hiphop isdead jay did it with DOA jimmy did it with ballin kanye did it with autotune in general and many other rappers did it with something else so hop off the D

laugh.gif

If all these bird %+! rappers are getting their feathers ruffled over simple song, from an irrelevant artist...why don't they just get at him instead ofTwittering about it?

Maino, Fab and a bunch of other MCs have been saying the same thing for like 2 years now in their music...no one said a thing.

Jay-Z makes a song about it and everyone is up in arms.

I can understand how people might be put off by Jigga trying to steer the audience back into his direction again but lets be real....there is a whole bunch ofgarbage music on the airwaves. Real MCs can't even put out music anymore. At this point in his career, Jay doesn't need attention. I really think thata part of him is doing this for the integrity of the music. Just like Nas with HHID.

At the end of the day anything he put out is going to get scrutinized and hated on because of who he is but this was the perfect time for this song. Everythingis heating up all over the world and our music is silent and corny. D.O.A. is the song of the year thus far.

If _s feel a certain way about it...do something.

Hip-Hop will be better in the long run.

I applaud jay for stirring the pot.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

laugh.gif

If all these bird %@* rappers are getting their feathers ruffled over simple song, from an irrelevant artist...why don't they just get at him instead of Twittering about it?

Maino, Fab and a bunch of other MCs have been saying the same thing for like 2 years now in their music...no one said a thing.

I can understand how people might be put off by Jigga trying to steer the audience back into his direction again but lets be real....there is a whole bunch of garbage music on the airwaves. Real MCs can't even put out music anymore. At this point in his career, Jay doesn't need attention. I really think that a part of him is doing this for the integrity of the music. Just like Nas with HHID.

At the end of the day anything he put out is going to get scrutinezed and hated on because of who he is but this was the perfect time for this song. Everything is heating up all over the world and our music is silent and dead. D.O.A. is teh song of the year thus far.

I appluad jay for stirring the pot.

its not that jay wants attention, he will get attention regardless of anything he will make in the future because of how many guys like or dislike him. i agreetho if _s have a problem with the song why dont they get at him instead of writing about it on the internet

i never said people didnt get at nas my point is thats what rappers do. They see some trend and they pick up on it and make tracks. nas did it with hiphop is dead jay did it with DOA jimmy did it with ballin kanye did it with autotune in general and many other rappers did it with something else so hop off the D
So because all rappers do it it should be accepted?

Do you think rappers care if you accept it or not. As LONG as they're making money any rapper will follow and do the same thing

Do you think rappers care if you accept it or not. As LONG as they're making money any rapper will follow and do the same thing
Why you dodging the question? And since when has a discussion in the music forum meant to be delivered to said artist so they can know what wethink?

Ofcourse they care. Cuz once we all don't accept it, they stop making money. You in here not even making sense. This is a discussion/debate/argument w/eyou wanna call it. Not a petition for Ol Man Jigga and all rappers to stop doing this shh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Leebuttahz

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

I know what I'm talking about everything I wrote was correct.....

you telling me the great Jay z couldn't have made a better single to start his buzz

nawwwww he had to point out the obvious with DOA....and even his lame ++$ attempt won't stop people from using

auto tune been around before his career was born so why would a half ++$ single stop it.....like I said I'm not a fan of auto tune, but jay should've just let the acts that use it fade away.....although I doubt wayne, tpain, or kanye will go any where any time soon

Auto-tune was used in 1997 Jay-Z's career launched in 1996. Who put the sand paper on your tampon??
teddy pendergrass came out in 1997????

the hell out of here trying to establish the difference between auto tune and a talk box....thats like you going shopping and trying to figure out if you want a tampon or tampax.....

How about you actually do some research before you come in here yapping your mouth with blind anger. LOL did Jay smash your chick backstage? or are you DJ webstar's or "ether boy'S" lil brother? LOL, you don't even deserve to have a legend like Michael as your avy.
and you don't deserve to have air in ya lungs

idiot that talk box is like a step down from auto tune.....auto tune actually have the persons real voice Incorporated with the device, you say it corrects thesinging ok so why does wayne still sound bad...the %!*! only sound right with half decent singers....and it would be more easier to use the same method asroger troutman ( when he was on california love...all you heard was a robotic voice singing...not once did you notice his regualr voice)

kill that argument....you trying to make it seem like rogers way was more difficult

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

laugh.gif

If all these bird %+! rappers are getting their feathers ruffled over simple song, from an irrelevant artist...why don't they just get at him instead of Twittering about it?

I can understand how people might be put off by Jigga trying to steer the audience back into his direction again but lets be real....there is a whole bunch of garbage music on the airwaves. Real MCs can't even put out music anymore. At this point in his career, Jay doesn't need attention. I really think that a part of him is doing this for the integrity of the music. Just like Nas with HHID.

At the end of the day anything he put out is going to get scrutinized and hated on because of who he is but this was the perfect time for this song. [color= rgb(255, 204, 255)]Everything is heating up all over the world and our music is silent and corny. D.O.A. is the song of the year thus far.[/color]

I applaud jay for stirring the pot.

you know why they can't get on the radio

1. they stuck in the damn 90's when it's 2009...nobody wants to hear that boom bap !%$!.....you got lyrics but your ear for beats booty juice....and agood song has nice lyrics and beats

2. we have guys like you who bring the !%$! up about how they can't get on the radio or not doing numbers...but yall don't even support them...if theyhad all these so called fans...then the garbage would get weeded out and these so called MC's of yours would be on the radio

and DOA is not the answer to the world problems so stop flexing with the bull !%$!

Why you dodging the question? And since when has a discussion in the music forum meant to be delivered to said artist so they can know what we think?

Ofcourse they care. Cuz once we all don't accept it, they stop making money. You in here not even making sense. This is a discussion/debate/argument w/e you wanna call it. Not a petition for Ol Man Jigga and all rappers to stop doing this shh
laugh.gif

how did i dodge the question? once we all?what make you think everyone is going to stop accepting it if its a trend. You the one not making sense Regardless ofwhat you think or if you "accept" it or not they will continue making money. Thats my Point.

That's a bad comparison. Jay let it rock for a long time, and was heavily involved in the very same things he was talking down about. The people he waslater hanging out and smiling with are the very same people most responsible for the trash he was crying about. What does that say to you ? He ONLY made it forhype and attention.

Why you dodging the question? And since when has a discussion in the music forum meant to be delivered to said artist so they can know what we think?

Ofcourse they care. Cuz once we all don't accept it, they stop making money. You in here not even making sense. This is a discussion/debate/argument w/e you wanna call it. Not a petition for Ol Man Jigga and all rappers to stop doing this shh
laugh.gif
how did i dodge the question? once we all?what make you think everyone is going to stop accepting it if its a trend. You the one not making sense Regardless of what you think or if you "accept" it or not they will continue making money. Thats my Point.
You saying all rappers do it like it's a good thing. I asked so if all rappers do it should we all just accept it and rock with it likeit's nothing. If you don't like something you speak on it. You coming with well they don't care as long as they make money. What you don'tunderstand is that we are the ones that allow them to make the money. I never said everyone was gonna stop accepting it but you talking like they making thismoney out of nowhere. Also if that's your point like I originally said it's irrelevant. I was never talking about whether they made money or not.

You in here talking everybody does it we should just let it rock cuz they gon make money anyway. $!*% that whole mind state. Its thinking like that that makesthe game as +%##*# as it is today.

you telling me the great Jay z couldn't have made a better single to start his buzz

nawwwww he had to point out the obvious with DOA....and even his lame ++$ attempt won't stop people from using

auto tune been around before his career was born so why would a half ++$ single stop it.....like I said I'm not a fan of auto tune, but jay should've just let the acts that use it fade away.....although I doubt wayne, tpain, or kanye will go any where any time soon

Auto-tune was used in 1997 Jay-Z's career launched in 1996. Who put the sand paper on your tampon??

the hell out of here trying to establish the difference between auto tune and a talk box....thats like you going shopping and trying to figure out if you want a tampon or tampax.....

How about you actually do some research before you come in here yapping your mouth with blind anger. LOL did Jay smash your chick backstage? or are you DJ webstar's or "ether boy'S" lil brother? LOL, you don't even deserve to have a legend like Michael as your avy.

idiot that talk box is like a step down from auto tune.....auto tune actually have the persons real voice Incorporated with the device, you say it corrects the singing ok so why does wayne still sound bad...the %!*! only sound right with half decent singers....and it would be more easier to use the same method as roger troutman ( when he was on california love...all you heard was a robotic voice singing...not once did you notice his regualr voice)

kill that argument....you trying to make it seem like rogers way was more difficult

LOL YOU ARE REALLY ON ANOTHER PLANET, why don't you research auto tune and talk box and you'll see the difference. How about instead of killing theargument you kill yourself? Homeboy got a 1000 post hatin' on Jay-Z. Being that you're a member of "Team Panty Bandit," tell me, do you wearthem as well?

Originally Posted by M16

That's a bad comparison. Jay let it rock for a long time, and was heavily involved in the very same things he was talking down about. The people he was later hanging out and smiling with are the very same people most responsible for the trash he was crying about. What does that say to you ? He ONLY made it for hype and attention.

Does it matter how long he let it rock? i gaurantee if he wouldve made any song about anything possible he wouldve still got the same attention he is gettingnow...you know why? Because he's JAY-Z.

You know what i dont get about Jay ? ..and im a big Jay fan.

How you gon' plan to drop a WHOLE album with auto-tune; and than all of a sudden say Auto-Tune is wack!?

What part of the game is that?!

seem like he was just mad because he was late on the trend
laugh.gif

idiot that talk box is like a step down from auto tune.....auto tune actually have the persons real voice Incorporated with the device, you say it corrects the singing ok so why does wayne still sound bad...the %!*! only sound right with half decent singers....and it would be more easier to use the same method as roger troutman ( when he was on california love...all you heard was a robotic voice singing...not once did you notice his regualr voice)

LOL YOU ARE REALLY ON ANOTHER PLANET, why don't you research auto tune and talk box and you'll see the difference. How about instead of killing the argument you kill yourself? Homeboy got a 1000 post hatin' on Jay-Z. Being that you're a member of "Team Panty Bandit," tell me, do you wear them as well?
naw I just take your girls after we smash and send her home commando...............don't argue with me stan....your words hold no groundshere....fall back bum with the regular stans..............the whole post went over your tiny !!% brain...using the talk box was no difficult than it is to useauto tune....know what the +#$% your talking about

Well, duh, he would get attention because his 9 albums of begging for attention from white kids have worked in creating legions of sheep that worship his everymove.

The point is, him making the song is incomparable to Nas running with the HHID idea. Jay making DOA is like Vinnie Paz making an album talking about how hiphop should be more acceptive of homosexaulity and make more female friendly songs. Then a few weeks later you see him on stage performing it standing next toCanibus, Immortal Technique and Ill Bill while they all smiling.

How much more of a fraud can you be ?

laugh.gif
how did i dodge the question? once we all?what make you think everyone is going to stop accepting it if its a trend. You the one not making sense Regardless of what you think or if you "accept" it or not they will continue making money. Thats my Point.
You saying all rappers do it like it's a good thing. I asked so if all rappers do it should we all just accept it and rock with it like it's nothing. If you don't like something you speak on it. You coming with well they don't care as long as they make money. What you don't understand is that we are the ones that allow them to make the money. I never said everyone was gonna stop accepting it but you talking like they making this money out of nowhere. Also if that's your point like I originally said it's irrelevant. I was never talking about whether they made money or not.

You in here talking everybody does it we should just let it rock cuz they gon make money anyway. $!*% that whole mind state. Its thinking like that that makes the game as +%##*# as it is today.

Its a good thing for them. they make money off their albums, shows etc. His fans are the ones that allowing them to get money. Rappers arent going to rap aboutsomething irrelevant. Nobody wants to hear what happened years ago or about years to come, therefore, they rap on whats going on today. If you don't wantto accept it, what would you rather hear them rap about? Its f_ed up but thats how the game is

All y'all lack aggression put your skirt back down, grow a set man.
Yeah this just violent, this is the death of autotune, moment of silence.

You boys jeans too tight, you colors too bright, your voice too light/

You rappers singing too much, get back to rap you t-paining too much.
I'm a multi-millionaire so how is it I'm still the hardest here

Like, is he serious ? Jay-Z is saying this ? Jay mother #%%#%@* Z ? Out of all dudes he's talking about violence, being raw, and other rappers being soft ?JAY-Z ?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I agree with you M16 for the most part but what's the point in arguing all day? People will always have their own opinion, it doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by M16

Well, duh, he would get attention because his 9 albums of begging for attention from white kids have worked in creating legions of sheep that worship his every move.

The point is, him making the song is incomparable to Nas running with the HHID idea. Jay making DOA is like Vinnie Paz making an album talking about how hip hop should be more acceptive of homosexaulity and make more female friendly songs. Then a few weeks later you see him on stage performing it standing next to Canibus, Immortal Technique and Ill Bill while they all smiling.

How much more of a fraud can you be ?

i feel you, but what i dont get is if you dont like Jay why would you listen to his songs. i dont like vinnie paz therefore i dont listen to anything he rapsabout so i wouldnt know what he makes his albums about. That doesnt make him a fraud, it makes him fake. It was just his opinion that autotune was gettingcorny(and it was with a lot of people doing it) and made DOA knowing that he has the power to make millions of fans to stop f_ing with it.

laugh.gif
You saying all rappers do it like it's a good thing. I asked so if all rappers do it should we all just accept it and rock with it like it's nothing. If you don't like something you speak on it. You coming with well they don't care as long as they make money. What you don't understand is that we are the ones that allow them to make the money. I never said everyone was gonna stop accepting it but you talking like they making this money out of nowhere. Also if that's your point like I originally said it's irrelevant. I was never talking about whether they made money or not.

You in here talking everybody does it we should just let it rock cuz they gon make money anyway. $!*% that whole mind state. Its thinking like that that makes the game as +%##*# as it is today.
Its a good thing for them. they make money off their albums, shows etc. His fans are the ones that allowing them to get money. Rappers arent going to rap about something irrelevant. Nobody wants to hear what happened years ago or about years to come, therefore, they rap on whats going on today. If you don't want to accept it, what would you rather hear them rap about? Its f_ed up but thats how the game is
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm done you keep bringing up shh nobody is talking about.Maybe you should read like the last 3 pages to see where this thread has been and where it's going. You on some other !+#+. Everything I crossed out iseither irrelevant to what I'm saying or some shh I didn't even bring up. When did I ask where they make money from? When did I say they should rapabout something irrelevant?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
For real man I'm done...

laugh.gif

Its a good thing for them. they make money off their albums, shows etc. His fans are the ones that allowing them to get money. Rappers arent going to rap about something irrelevant. Nobody wants to hear what happened years ago or about years to come, therefore, they rap on whats going on today. If you don't want to accept it, what would you rather hear them rap about? Its f_ed up but thats how the game is
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm done you keep bringing up shh nobody is talking about. Maybe you should read like the last 3 pages to see where this thread has been and where it's going. You on some other !+#+. Everything I crossed out is either irrelevant to what I'm saying or some shh I didn't even bring up. When did I ask where they make money from? When did I say they should rap about something irrelevant?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
For real man I'm done...

i dont go thru all the pages fam. You clearly said we are the ones allowing them to make money, but it really isnt you because i doubt you buy their albums ifyou dont f_ with them so they get money from their FANS not off of you. Isnt autotune Relevant to whats going on in the game today and you dont want to acceptwhat rappers like nas did with hhid and jay did with DOA so what are you talking about? READ OUR WHOLE CONVERSATION CAREFULLY

Back
Top Bottom