Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

I'm starting a fund to get him some real boots.
Snow in Canada I see.
Plenty of driveways to shovel to earn $
Pretty sure Canadians are born to shovel snow. As in the kid would have to pay the owner for the privilege to shovel their driveway.

I've spent more on shoes for my 5 year old and she destroyed them bc thats what kids should do. You can do things to make kids happy and still teach them to value things. He's 13, he doesn't have to learn about a 401k yet. Let him be a kid. If you want to raise your kid that tough, got for it, but don't project that on others.
Nah. A child needs to learn to work for what they want and not look for handouts. Let them go mow their neighbor's yards if they REALLY want something enough to go blow luxury money on it. They also need to learn how to take an L.

IMO there's just a lot more productive ways to give your money to help people. Not sure about this one even if it's a kind thing to do.

No disrespect to the man whatsoever but I'm not taking a gift for free to give to my kid that's not needed in the first place. How do you even explain that story to them?

Nah. A child needs to learn to work for what they want and not look for handouts. Let them go mow their neighbor's yards if they REALLY want something enough to go blow luxury money on it. They also need to learn how to take an L.
Or shovel snow if you live in Canada....

This sounds like someone that grew up never getting **** and you're still mad about it and want everyone to grow up jut as miserable as you did.

04D78F7C-7877-4350-9D74-1646168329DD.jpeg

This sounds like someone that grew up never getting **** and you're still mad about it and want everyone to grow up jut as miserable as you did.
Not at all. I got what I needed and if I REALLY wanted something, I made it happen. There were a lot of things I wanted that I didn't get as a child and when I got old enough to get it myself, it meant much more to me. I didn't go to a forum with a sob story with the intent of looking for a handout.

But your post comes off as getting everything you wanted as a kid. That's cool and all and at least you were fortunate enough. Not all of us grew up like that.

What doesn't make sense is the guy said he already spent hundreds on gifts for his son. Why not return those and get the shoes if that's what he really wanted instead. He doesn't need the shoes and a PS5

Story seems genuine, but as a parent of two (13 and 11), they gotta learn how to take the L regardless of how long they've been saving up. That's life. I have plenty of stories like that as a kid and I'm sure a lot of people here do as well.

It's a nice gesture for people here on NT to assist in gathering funds for the pair but personally, I wouldn't have been accepting donations. If your kid was already saving up and he had the money, why not just fund the rest and gift your kid his pair for Christmas SR-71 SR-71 ?
Hey MJoDan love your channel by the way.

To be honest, long story short: I had already bit the bullet 3 days prior with Xmas and Bday presents that were absolute priorities and for which I didn't have the budget so before all of this story unfolded, I had told him that we'd have no choice but to pass and he fully accepted the fate even though he was genuinely sad to take an L.

By the way he still knows nothing about all of what's happening yet.

After seeing all the unexpected love and support here, I managed to find a way to do my part and fork out an additional 200$ or so I really don't have right now to cover for shipping costs, duty snd taxes, even though it was to planned in my budget. Just like you I'm a hard worker and of course I'm gonna do what's needed to cover the rest of the expenses. It's the very least I can do after all the Love we got.

In normal circumstances, accepting money from other people goes against my values and I do my very best to try not to encourage the resale market whenever I can, except on very few exceptional occasions in the past such as for the IV Breds and the XI SJ. For all the other times I took L's, I moved on period. The is how my son has been brought up to this day too and that's what we'll continue to do. Now as for what happened here, this was absolutely totally unexpected. No I do NOT want to create a precedent so I will make sure every way I can to use this once in a lifetime experience as a learning tool for my son.

As for the money he had gathered for the shoes. It will NOT go on another pair of J's or be wasted on whatever as he doesn't ''need'' to have 20 pairs as us adults do, he's still growing up. I will ask him to save it to his bank account for the future, for something important down the line. I'm still pretty overwhelmed by this whole situation to be honest, I've barely slept for 2 days now.
That's the best I can think of right now besides telling him to never forget and to pay it forward every chance he gets throughout is life.

If you have any better advice for us, I'm all ears man.

Thanks for your insight and keep on inspiring people with your channel and all you share, you're the best!

Much respect MJo

Last edited:
But your post comes off as getting everything you wanted as a kid. That's cool and all and at least you were fortunate enough. Not all of us grew up like that.

What doesn't make sense is the guy said he already spent hundreds on gifts for his son. Why not return those and get the shoes if that's what he really wanted instead. He doesn't need the shoes and a PS5
I didn't get near everything I wanted, but I'd still say I got a lot. Definitely more than most. And guess what? I turned out just fine. I still value things. I have empathy for others. I like seeing others win. I like helping people out. You don't have to grow up miserable to learn lessons.

I’ll just put my 2c in

For one it’s low key hilarious and pitiful how many grown men in here crying over this. It’s the holidays. It’s a nice gesture. The end.

I gave him $20. I’m not stressing over that. From his posts here to his DMs, I know he’s a genuine dude and he wanted to make his kids Christmas special. He never asked but some folks offered to help. He’s a single dad for a hard working kid and I don’t have any reason to think that’s a lie. The generosity of dblplay1212 dblplay1212 and others did surprise me a bit, but in a good way- good for them!

I’ve been thru it all from a financial perspective. Just like a lot of y’all and the haters I know what it’s like to not get 🤬 for Christmas I wanted. I been broke as an adult, I’ve taken as many L’s on sneakers as anyone. Now I’m doing well financially and a little holiday donation doesn’t affect me whatsoever.

Being a parent is tough and when it comes to something like this there are too many personal factors for someone to be judgmental on how someone should parent. I have kids that like and want Jordan’s but at their age (12 and 8 ) I’m not doing resale for em and wouldn’t let them use their $ for resale. That’s just ME. He can do what he wants, just like any of y’all pocket watchers.

Personally I don’t expect this gesture to instill bad habits or an expectation for handouts. If anything I’d expect little man to be grateful and understand the importance of generosity, and the ugliness of being selfish.

As a parent of 2 young kids, I go through great lengths to teach them the importance of sharing what we have and giving to others that may be less fortunate.

I had no problem with this story with the exception of reading one post where the person accepting donations was keeping a tab and goal of hitting $420 in order to pay for a resale pair.

If they kid had been saving all year and i assume the dad had some $$ he could have thrown in the pot as well. You didn't need to remind us that the goal is $420. Any amount should and would have been appreciated.

Also all these looong posts with justifications and promises of pics and kid setting up their own account just seems strange to me, thats just me. I just ignored all this noise.

Hey MJoDan love your channel by the way.

To be honest, long story short: I had already bit the bullet 3 days prior with Xmas and Bday presents and I didn't have the budget so before all of this story unfolded, I had told him that we'd have no choice but to pass and he fully accepted the fate even though he was genuinely sad to take an L.

By the way he still knows nothing about all of what's happening yet.

After seeing all the unexpected love and support here, I managed to find a way to do my part and fork out an additional 200$ or so I really don't have right now to cover for shipping costs, duty snd taxes, even though it was to planned in my budget. Just like you I'm a hard worker and of course I'm gonna do what's needed to cover the rest of the expenses. It's the very least I can do after all the Love we got.

In normal circumstances, accepting money from other people goes against my values and I do my very best to try not to encourage the resale market whenever I can, except on very few exceptional occasions in the past such as for the IV Breds and the XI SJ. For all the other times I took L's, I moved on period. The is how my son has been brought up to this day too and that's what we'll continue to do. Now as for what happened here, this was absolutely totally unexpected. No I do NOT want to create a precedent so I will make sure every way I can to use this once in a lifetime experience as a learning tool for my son.

As for the money he had gathered for the shoes. It will NOT go on another pair of J's or be wasted on whatever as he doesn't ''need'' to have 20 pairs as us adults do, he's still growing up. I will ask him to save it to his bank account for the future, for something important down the line. I'm still pretty overwhelmed by this whole situation to be honest, I've barely slept for 2 days now.
That's the best I can think of right now besides telling him to never forget and to pay it forward every chance he gets throughout is life.

If you have any better advice for us, I'm all ears man.

Thanks for your insight and keep on inspiring people with your channel and all you share, you're the best!

Much respect MJo

Thanks for the explanation and going into more detail about the situation. It's nice that there are genuine people out there willing to donate to the cause and that this will be a one time lesson. I understand there are hard times and we try to do all we can for loved ones. Just for me, I couldn't accept donations from others to fund my kids pair. I really do hope the gesture helps your son pay it forward for someone else at a stage in his life someday. Just me personally, I couldn't. Have a blessed day.

anyone else's FNL/JD order still sitting at either Plainsfield or Indianapolis without movement since saturday?

Back
Top Bottom