Jordan 1 x Nike SB QS!!!!

If I don't wash my jeans for 6 months no one will come near me bro.

:rofl:
4ff3badd_tumblr_ljd35bUD6y1qgyx86.gif

there was still a bit of decent hype on the first pair man...if you've ever skated in your life you know who lance mountain is and what this shoe is, beyond the bred/royal tear away. nuff said.

There was hype, but those prices didn't continue to rise... That's my point. The prices lowered.

I know the story... That's besides the point... The REAL hype is the what's underneath that gimmick bro... As much as you try to fight it it's true. People bought the sneakers JUST to throw away the significance of it and show the "Bred"/"Royal"...

Ask yourself this, if the paint didn't remove would that hype be as strong?

If I don't wash my jeans for 6 months no one will come near me bro.

roll.gif
LMAO I remember I was going on 7 months with a pair of PRPS (shoutouts to @StillIn729 ) and I had to eventually wash em once the febreeze and freezer tricks stopped working.

But when you rocking Yambventus, the smell from the jeans isn't noticeable at all

there was still a bit of decent hype on the first pair man...if you've ever skated in your life you know who lance mountain is and what this shoe is, beyond the bred/royal tear away. nuff said.

There was hype, but those prices didn't continue to rise... That's my point. The prices lowered.

I know the story... That's besides the point... The REAL hype is the what's underneath that gimmick bro... As much as you try to fight it it's true. People bought the sneakers JUST to throw away the significance of it and show the "Bred"/"Royal"...

You're changing your argument from before.

You said why is there hype if there's no real history.

And we gave you the history.

from a skating aspect....yes. all that bred/royal cw underneath did was just addd more people attempting to cop. I rest my case, I don't need to argue about it lol, I was gonna cop regardless and I'm not stripping my pair.

Let's be real, Lance Mountains are a dope concept... Dope sneaker...

But there's no great story or history about this shoe... They took two classic colorways and added a skateboard twist.
There you go.

I also see what you're saying with that last sentence though. I guess it depends how you interpret it.

But there's a reason they chose these two colorways. Because these were the most readily available in 1985 for skaters to use

Anyone know why LM skated mismatched colors?
No real reason given I don't think. If I had to guess, his left shoe wore out quicker than his right (since he rides regular). Therefore he would switch out just the left shoe

Anyone know why LM skated mismatched colors?
since skaters were/are always tearing up their shoes, to avoid having to buy new pairs, he would just take any two shoes that  were still intact (didn't have to match) and spray paint them to look like a new pair .. so it really didn't matter what exactly was underneath, thus why they were often mismatched

No real reason given I don't think. If I had to guess, his left shoe wore out quicker than his right (since he rides regular). Therefore he would switch out just the left shoe
lol I remember doing this in like 7th through 9th grade because I constantly blew my paychecks on zoom tre ads to skate. but it would be the same colorway, and the right shoe. wish I wouldn't have trashed all those pairs.

EXACTLY. Before I even saw the LMs, I knew I wanted his pair as soon as I heard he was making one.

I grew up skating. I've always been a Nike SB fan through thick and thin.

Now I'm an old man and can't even skate anymore but part of this has to do with nostalgia.

And also I'm filipino. Jordan + Nike SB = the perfect storm
i didn't get this^.

Last edited:
You're changing your argument from before.

You said why is there hype if there's no real history.

And we gave you the history.

What history did you give me except for "I don't know about everyone else but this means a lot to me"?

I know who Lance Mountain is, if you're referring to his "story" that doesn't give the sneaker a story.

For example... Michael Jordan is Michael Jordan.

What seperates the "Bred" or "Banned" colorway from let's say the "Chicago" or "Black Toe" colorway? The fact that they were banned by the NBA and Nike still put them out and wanted Jordan to wear them paying the fine every game.

THAT's what made the "Banned 1s" such a hot commodity at the time.

I've already stated that it's a VERY dope concept, I just believe the true hype of resell value is what's underneath, that's all.

sorry this question has been prob asked before, but went back 10 pages or so though and didn't see an answer: I haven't tried my pair on yet. I am usually a 12 in SBs/Jordan 1s, but i could only snag a 13 from the shop.  how do these run? could i fit a 13? or an 11.5? or should i just find a 12 to swap with

pretty sure ndc said

skaters often wore out shoes quick so they would get a similar shoe for the abused one & paint blk or white over them both so they match

Yeah, NDC already said that so every knows at this point.

I'm not a skateboarder so I didn't know that TBH.

sorry this question has been prob asked before, but went back 10 pages or so though and didn't see an answer: I haven't tried my pair on yet. I am usually a 12 in SBs/Jordan 1s, but i could only snag a 13 from the shop.  how do these run? could i fit a 13? or an 11.5? or should i just find a 12 to swap with
yo pm me, I have someone who will swap. true to size for ya on these.

Why are people questioning the hype behind these or reasons other people have copped? They copped (including myself) because we like the shoe FOR WHATEVER REASON it may be.. Are u gunna question everyone this weekend when they buy their next pair of "hyped" shoes? Smfh

I've been wearing the white ones since Saturday ...and I must say its one of my top favorites just the way it is. I can't believe the quality ... super good. I've worn them, hit walls on em...the paint isn't coming off too hard. Haven't gotten a chance to do some tougher motions with it. I think today may be the start lol. 

Pretty surprised a matched white pair on eBay just didn't sell for 295. If it was my size I would've wanted them

Why are people questioning the hype behind these or reasons other people have copped? They copped (including myself) because we like the shoe FOR WHATEVER REASON it may be.. Are u gunna question everyone this weekend when they buy their next pair of "hyped" shoes? Smfh

The point isn't about why people are copping shoes, it's about the resell value and if it's going to go up or go down.

I don't care what people decide to spend their money on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom