Jordan 1 x Nike SB QS!!!!

but these were made to be skated or worn so the paint would be taken off naturally.
And I am gonna skate mine. I just thought this looked funky, in the meantime. The reality is that many people who buy SB's don't skate, so they should never take the paint off because they can't skate? Again, who are you to say what other people should do with their kicks? It's all the same, like the homie below is pointing out.
Let people do whatever they want with their pairs.

The people who are taking it too seriously are the ones who are saying "What an unbelievable idiot" a person is for removing paint that's supposed to come off.

Who are you to judge what a shoes is meant to look like?

If someone skated in a pair and it ended up looking like the sanded pair a page back would you blast them the same way? In the end the shoes eventually look the same.
Exactly. 

wasn't gonna get them, but i got offered the whites at near retail with a 30 min drive...so i picked them up just now. they're kinda "dirty" with marks over 'em but i got a great deal so it's a moot point

the leather is softer than the '13 j1's...but shouldn't be mentioned near banned quality....

Last edited:
wan't gonna get them, but i got offered the whites at near retail with a 30 min drive...so i picked them up just now.

kinda underwhelmed. these aren't even close to banned quality....not sure where that came from. the leather is softer than the '13's...but shouldn't be mentioned near banned quality....
I really thought the leather quality was on point. Much better than most recent releases, but yeah, I don't think these are Banned quality. Then again, everyone's pairs are different.

I really thought the leather quality was on point. Much better than most recent releases, but yeah, I don't think these are Banned quality. Then again, everyone's pairs are different.

i'm not saying it's not on point. for a 1 release...these are pretty solid.

my blacks are coming in the mail today as well, so i'll compare and decide who gets un ds'd first.

i'm not saying it's not on point. for a 1 release...these are pretty solid.

my blacks are coming in the mail today as well, so i'll compare and decide who gets un ds'd first.
I put my white on ice, the black pair that I'm gonna destroy. 

Absolutely. What would you do? These shoes are MEANT to have the paint removed, either by skating, nail polish remover, sand paper, knife, paperclip, whatever. So I did.

These shoes were not intended for the paint to be removed by nail polish remover, sand paper, or a knife. They are intended to wear off from wear and tear.

I do agree with you, you can do whatever you want with your shoes and I really don't care but he actually damaged the shoe beyond the layer of paint coming off. THAT'S the part I believe everyone is calling him dumb for.

The other remarks are just opinions on what they would do with the shoe.

But that dude is an idiot! I'm sure he could tell that the hard sanding that he was doing was causing damage. Do you think he sanded them into trash on purpose? Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want with their own property but that's not what makes him an idiot in this case

DHL is theeee worrrrrrst :smh:
Agree 100%

Absolutely. What would you do? These shoes are MEANT to have the paint removed, either by skating, nail polish remover, sand paper, knife, paperclip, whatever. So I did.

These shoes were not intended for the paint to be removed by nail polish remover, sand paper, or a knife. They are intended to wear off from wear and tear.

I do agree with you, you can do whatever you want with your shoes and I really don't care but he actually damaged the shoe beyond the layer of paint coming off. THAT'S the part I believe everyone is calling him dumb for.

The other remarks are just opinions on what they would do with the shoe.
That is true. They're not meant for that to be done but from any previous release with layers that were meant to come off (statue of liberty dunks, Cheech and chong dunks, etc) people will always take layers off without skating them. I really liked those SoL customs done a while back where they drew on them by removing paint. I think the skated look is cool but it also looks cool to make your own designs. That's what I love about the shoe, everyone's pair will be different.

And I know why people are calling him dumb but it's confusing to me that people are getting so upset over it. He ruined a pair of shoes, isn't the first or last time that will happen. People are only mad because this shoe is hyped.

Last edited:
But that dude is an idiot! I'm sure he could tell that the hard sanding that he was doing was causing damage. Do you think he sanded them into trash on purpose? Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want with their own property but that's not what makes him an idiot in this case

Haha good to see you in here. I agree just don't think it's worth all the fuss.

Agree 100%

That is true. They're not meant for that to be done but from any previous release with layers that were meant to come off (statue of liberty dunks, Cheech and chong dunks, etc) people will always take layers off without skating them. I really liked those SoL customs done a while back where they drew on them by removing paint. I think the skated look is cool but it also looks cool to make your own designs. That's what I love about the shoe, everyone's pair will be different.

And I know why people are calling him dumb but it's confusing to me that people are getting so upset over it. He ruined a pair of shoes, isn't the first or last time that will happen. People are only mad because this shoe is hyped.

Yeah, some people are butt hurt because of the hype and the fact that they missed out.

Once you paid money for it, HELL, do whatever you want.

I do love the fact that everyone sneaker becomes different, that's why it saddens me to see everyone so quick to remove all of the paint for a Bred/Royal combo.

I like your design BTW & a couple of others I seen posted.

Haha good to see you in here. I agree just don't think it's worth all the fuss.

Yup like I said who am I to critique someone for messing with their property but getting in over your head and killing a shoe I'm gon laugh at that all day

Can someone tag the dude who did this he is on n.t. right?

Agree 100%

Yeah, some people are butt hurt because of the hype and the fact that they missed out.

Once you paid money for it, HELL, do whatever you want.

I do love the fact that everyone sneaker becomes different, that's why it saddens me to see everyone so quick to remove all of the paint for a Bred/Royal combo.

I like your design BTW & a couple of others I seen posted.
Thanks, man. I don't expect everyone to like what I did. In fact, I walk out the house in these expecting everyone to hate because I'm wearing mismatched shoes but I like them so I DGAF. I think it's just as cool to skate em, as it is to make a Bred/Royal pair, as it is to do some designs on em. All the same to me.
Yup like I said who am I to critique someone for messing with their property but getting in over your head and killing a shoe I'm gon laugh at that all day

Can someone tag the dude who did this he is on n.t. right?
I think someone said he wasn't on NT but I don't really know.

Spot has blacks available in store only

had to drive 30 min, but was able to double up....shout out to the cop that was at the underpass by the hard rock hotel on I4 for keeping it cool and not pulling me over for speeding. i really thought i was toast :smh:

Thank you God!!!

Don't thank god for no sneaker. Thank god you didnt kill someone accidently speeding.

Last edited:
Got busy at work, missed out on a white pair I was watching that ended at $255 on Ebay. The hunt continues....

Reel it in, its just a pair of shoes, people will do what they want. Of course people are gonna try and sand the brand new pairs if they can't skate or just want Royals/Breds. Did you expect any different with these? You gonna be mad at skaters who skate their brand new kicks? Let people customize how they like and if they ruin em, so what. People idolize shoes these days like they AREN'T something we wear on our feet for the purpose protecting us (thus destroying the shoes). 

I did what I liked to one of my pairs and I suggest everyone else do the same. /EndRant

:lol:

I could care less what he or you do with your shoes. Would I be mad if a skater skated in these? No, it would be a lot cooler IMO than sandblasting the **** out of them until not only the paint that is intended to be removed, but the underneath material and even the stitching is gone. The only person who seems upset here is you preacherman.

Let me know if you need help off your soapbox....I would hate for you to scuff your new sneakers. :wink:

/EndRant

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom