Jordan XX3s not good to play ball in?

ok i got mine off ebay and the day i got them i rocked them for my final game as a senior in high school. i ended with 22 points a season high. though athalftime i had a bloody sock. i will say the same as you they were comfy but killed my pinky toe. well i went to the Y today and rocked them again with noproblems. i think it was a break in period

you just might have a wide foot and your pinky to is just getting cut by the sides!! Happend to me on my A.I. questions.

These shoes are really narrow. Anyone with a wide foot is probably S.O.L.
I haven't worn my pairs yet, but I can tell you that I have a wide foot and that most narrow sneakers cause me to suffer pain and irritation. For instance,some times I get rashes, blisters, bleeding, athlete's foot, and great discomfort. The second I held the XX3's in my hand I knew these were gonna bepain in the +!$ to wear.

I had this problem wearing dri-fit nike socks. Switched to NBA socks and had no issues playing for an afternoon.

I HAVENT TRY THEM OWN YET SO I DONT KNOW............BUT ITS GOOD TO KNOW THIS.................

I read that in the sole mag.
Yeah...I like to call this shoe "The Gift & The Curse"

I personally LOVED them...the cushioning is great cause they threw in the full Zoom instead of the gimmicky IPS only, but the width of the shoe is definitely amajor problem for anyone with a voluminous or wider foot. My only suggestion to try and remedy the problem is to wear thicker socks as a sort of "bufferzone." That forefoot TPU wrap will definitely irritate your foot otherwise on your pinky toe. But even still, either the shoe will work for you and feelamazing, or it's just too narrow and something like the Lebron V or TS Pro Model might better suit you.

Because the shoe is so deeply sculpted, it's just not as generally accommodating, but if you're on the "normal" or narrow side you shouldlove them..

They also have a break-in period of about 3-5 days before feeling really smooth, which is of course a bit more than average.

If you want a Jordan shoe but the XX3 is too narrow, try the 12.5, they have heel/forefoot Zoom and are a bit more general fitting.

I played ball in my stealth xx3s and they felt great..very lightweight and hugs the feet. After 2 hours of playing in them my toe started hurting a lot rightwhere that plastic mold comes up on both feet. I played through it, then a couple days later I tried to play in them again and after 1 pick up game i had toswitch them out (luckily i had an extra pair of xiiis) bc of the unbearable pain (i could barely get up and down the court).

Then I said, I didnt pay $200 for a great shoe to ball in only to have extreme pain associated with it, so i gave it one more try a few days later. On the 3rdtry, I played in them fine with no pain at all and they felt great on the court. I am so glad I didnt give up on them and i went out and bought a few morepairs to stock up. So basically the xx3s have a painful break in period of a handful of hours of actual full on playing time. However, everyone's feet is alittle different, but I would say to tough it out some more and you should be fine.

My problem now wih the xx3s is the little clicking sound that it creates with every step, it doesnt affect anything--just annoying. Anyone know what causes theclicking sound? And that the sound is not bc of a $200 pair of shoes slowly falling apart on me in some way??

Ive been ballin in mine twice a week for almost two months..i dont have any issues as of yet..but then again, i wear those thick NBA socks.I jus dont likethose dry-fit socks..too thin for me.Maybe its because im use to wearing 2 pair of socks back in the day.

I have exactly the same problem. I even went half size up with them. At first I felt a bit of rubbing against my pinky toe, but after two full court games Ihardly walked (and still had third game to play). I thought it was only the case with me, since I've had similar problems with my XIII. On XX3 I decided togo half size up, but it looks like the problem remains. Any ideas on what to do? I was hoping to get the best basketball shoes ever and I have to deal withsuch a basic issue. Do they have break in period to them? I was also disappointed with the court feel, the soles feel to high off the ground, but it slowlychanges over the time.

So you guys suggest taping toes?

Paix
c.

my foot is a little on the wide side, balled in them, no prob.
smile.gif

I will try the tape thing. I seen another guy who said to remove the insole, and all the pain would go away.

I dont want to go ripping out the insole and then it dont work....

And yes, my left shoe "clicks". Left shoe clicks, right shoes kills...

How come it is only the right shoe? If they made the show narrow, why does the left shoe feel wonderful with no pain at all? Is the right shoe a little smaller(narrower) than the left? Its a shame cause I love these shoes.

Ive been complaining about this since day 1.
Either keep wearing them to break them in, took me 2 weeks to break them in, now the pinky discomfort is gone.
Try removing the insole to provide more space so your pinky toe dont rub against the problem area.
Its a narrow shoe, i hate when people say you have wide feet!

I returned my black/stealths and sold the all star colorway. Not only were they cutting me, they sucked on traction. Its a huge dissappointment to me, becausethey looked awesome. But they were of no use to me without being able to perform on the court.

I've got a medium foot type and have had this issue (pinky toe) as well only on the left shoe. I was able to easily pull the insoles out and use a spencoinsole that they sell at footlocker (those green ones) and I wear a regular dri fit nike sock with them now with no issues. I agree with Billy Hoyle regardinga long break in on this model....it is worth it though as they do feel awesome once yu are able to minimize that "pinching" caused by the outermolding. I wanted to return them as well but am glad I didn't...I like the shoe alot now....I hope some of you guys having problems with them are able tosolve it with either thicker socks and / or another insole to change where the molding hits your foot

i have the EXACT SAME problem with mine. It took almost 2 weeks for me to break mine in. they hurt alot more than most shoes right away for some reason. I playalot of amature basketball tourneys and after a couple weeks they feel amazing. they are very comfortable except for that one pinkie toe. however it affects myleft toe, not my right. thats funny that others are having the same problem...i wear two pairs of socks and it still does it. shoes look sick though n otherthan the toe they are comfortable. I'll keep wearin um.....

Same problem as well.
However I now play with two pairs of socks on PLUS bandaids wrapped around my pinkytoe to block the friction.

Originally Posted by malumouse

Dextertbay813 wrote 04/06/06 2:07 PM :
play in some Jordan enhancers. i just did today for like 4 hours and they are the $4!T
Dextertbay813 wrote 04/06/08 5:48 PM :
play in some Jordan enhancers. i just did today for like 4 hours and they are the $4!T

that is the first time i have seen a double post with a 3 hour delay

That's the first time i've ever laughed at something malumouse posted.

I've never played in them yet but my foot was hurting wearing them to work, so I just took the insole out.
ohwell.gif

Had it on the right pinky toe too from the get go. Almost didn't buy it if t/niketown guy hadn't told me I could return it if it didn't feel right.Got used to it after a day. Still, I wonder why lots of ppl experience this on their right pinky toe.

I don't know but shouldn't you break into a shoe a couple of times and then see if it still hurts. Seems like you people just put on the shoe thinkingthat it'll already be customed to your foot.

JR5

Thanks for the replys and suggestions. I was wondering if this was just me. It is weird how its only on the right side considering they felt pretty good forthe first half hour. I had worn the shoes around my house 3-4 times before i balled in them with no problems, they felt good. My foot probably is a littlewider than average, but they didnt seem all that tight. my OG 12s seem tighter. Ill probably try some of the suggestions from everybody.

Originally Posted by JRose5

I don't know but shouldn't you break into a shoe a couple of times and then see if it still hurts. Seems like you people just put on the shoe thinking that it'll already be customed to your foot.

JR5

Sure, but honestly I went through many of shoes and I NEVER have experienced PAIN. I was playing in mine for the third time. I put the thick socks (justlike the last time) and taped my pinky toes. It felt much better, but obviously small discomfort because of tape. I don't want to give up on them, so Iwill try to break them in for good.

I personally did not have problems with traction, the only problem I have with them is pain.

I refuse to take the insoles out. They're in the shoes for purpose, right?
Anyway you guys encourage me not to give up on them.

Paix
c.

Man seems like a lot of issues. Where are the guys out there that have no issues at all? I love mine
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom