Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation are all appreciated. 808's is aight too.

College Dropout remains the anthem to my college days. Brings me back as soon as "We Don't Care" plays.

After reading through this thread, I've realized there are two people in here

1) You grew up during an era of baggier clothes and Jordan's. You have zero interest in trying to understand what is deemed "fashionable" today. By remaining in your comfort bubble, Kanye's influence is irrelevant form your scope because his shoes/fashion doesn't ring bells in your cultural landscape.

2) Kanye is a God and he can do no wrong

I fit somewhere in the middle. Someone that stays on top of EVERY trend professionally and personally, Kanye is the biggest male influence in fashion, globally. There are metrics to support this about Kanye and the Yeezy brand. It doesn't matter what YOU think is popular in your own respective hoods.

As far as Kanye the person, I think he struggles with the idea of not being relevant musically/influentially because there are so many pressures for him to innovate. He is not an originator of anything but an innovator, hence why he always mentions Steve Jobs and Leonardo Da Vinci, etc.. Kanye has always been polarizing, and I think his relationship with the Kardashians has given him the freedom to take that to another level; good and bad.

College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation are all appreciated. 808's is aight too.

College Dropout remains the anthem to my college days. Brings me back as soon as "We Don't Care" plays.

I listened to Graduation again recently, and damn...the lyrics are AWFUL. The production really saved that album. Can't Tell Me Nothin has some of the worst bars I've ever heard; you can tell he didn't use a ghostwriter for this one :lol:

Late Registration was his peak to me

3bg71qfuoct01.png

Oh.

This explains all of the political talk leading up to his album..

“In the latest episode of the Brilliant Idiots podcast, Charlamagne Tha God shared details to comedian Andrew Schulz about hanging out with Kanye West last week. The Breakfast Club personality spoke about listening to the new albums from Kanye West, Teyana Taylor, and Pusha T. He said that Kanye’s new music is similar to “socially conscious ‘Ye” and finds the artist rapping about “real sh*t,” using the song “Real Friends” off The Life of Pablo as an example.”

CTG talked about Kanye on IG Live last week. He didn't seem to hype about Kanye's album, said he heard some songs and it was cool. He was way more hype about Teyana's album.

Teyana's album a few years ago was a great album, I hope they don't get around from that sound and chase today's sound.

Y'all gotta hear this

#c00ningforcash

I think it is pretty obvious problems with Kanye.

1- He puts way more value on the views of white people than black people. He has been doing this for a minute, and the shows this most when he speaks about fashion. It is one thing to be popular among black people, but if rich white people accept you, then you made it.

2- Dude's ego is off the charts and he probably still got some petty beef with Obama. Obama was not opposed to meeting with rappers, he might with Kendrick, Cole, even Drake. Hell Obama met Ye's family and by all accounts very polite to Kim and North. His wife speaks highly of the man. But then the fact Obama peeped Ye's buffoonery and would not indulge it, got Kanye feeling tight. He loves Trump cause Trump gave high that attention he craves so much. But Ye too up his own *** to realize he munching on some butter biscuits.

All the black people that met with Trump got played hard. Trump and Sessions have literally been destroying all civil right enforcement in the Federal government. He actively wants to cut Pell Grants, Biscuit Boy Ben Carson is trying to drop anti-discrimination policy from HUD's mission per Trump's orders, and just this weekend Trump agreed to reverse Obama's order and restart selling police more military equipment.

And this is the clown Kanye loves. A man hostile to people that look like Kanye but lack the fame, money, and have the decency not to support a vile bigot.

Kanye is thinks he has principles but he has none. He lies, spews hypocrisy, and moves the goal to make his clown *** points work. He left Nike for more control and he wanted his sneakers readily available. Yet when he launches expensive *** limited edition clothing it is "out of his hands". He mad Obama didn't give him a meeting, yet Trump is busy right now.

Every cornball that co-signs white supremacy always takes pride in how " special they are". Every modern Uncle Tom thinks tap dancing is the path to equality. Kanye a clown, and has been a clown for a while.

Came here to find out who that candance chick was or what she said. Thread was way off topic for a good minute. Not the one to tell anyone what to think, but some people are genuinely lost. Guy I graduated from high school in the MS delta is like that. **** is baffling. Anyway, I’ll only be checking for Pusha Ton’s work. Haven’t ****** with Kanye in years.

Yall gotta stop putting these athletes and entertainers on a pedestal for other things outside of their profession. U just get set up for disappointment otherwise.

this

People still gonna buy these fruit snack lookin joints
kanye-west-yeezy-slides-first-look-01-213x213.jpg

and this..

also this. his shoes are str8 basura. if anything, nike yeezy 2> anything else he designed.

i'm not trying to hear these joints are tough..
yeezy-desert-rat-500-blush-closer-look-5.jpg

my boy wore these to the club over the weekend, and i put him on blast in our group chat.

His gear is extremely utilitarian (not sure of the right word)
But it reminds me of those old movies that take place in the future and everyone is wearing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom