Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

billionaire boys club and ice cream sneakers were just a fad....

what has P done that has actually stuck?

Nothing in fashion sticks because it’s constantly changing but 15 years ago Pharrell wore Bape and everybody started wanting Bape.

Today, everyone wants Human Race NMD’s

Nothing in fashion sticks because it’s constantly changing but 15 years ago Pharrell wore Bape and everybody started wanting Bape.

Today, everyone wants Human Race NMD’s

Kanye can't give away those overpriced stained bed sheet sweaters on his site. Let alone the women's shoes. Folks actually wore ice cream kicks with BBC jeans and tees

Maybe this is age related?

I'd say in the early 2000s-2007ish, Pharrell was the biggest influence when it came to fashion for hip hop fans. Dunks, Bape, slimmer jeans/t shirts, designer gear mixed with streetwear...basically that whole "high end skater/streerwear" look that was huge during that era and still exists today came from Pharrell. Kanye basically expanded on what Pharrell started.

In 2018, yes, more people are checking for him; I'm just saying he's not the original when it comes to this. I can see how young dudes on here might think so though.

Jim Jones aint start bootcut jeans

Jerry aint start grunge.

Ian didnt invent nothing.

ASAP aint invent nothing.

Yall dont even know where these styles come from. Stop getting in your feelings. Yall not about that fashion life anyways

If you were really about that fashion life, you would know how ridiculous it is to hold Kanye high in acclaim in terms to fashion.

Nobody “dresses” like Kanye though because Kanye didn’t create any style of dress. If he wasn’t rocking Ralph Lauren or dressing like a grunge artist from Seattle in ‘94, he was biting Jerry Lorrenzo’s swag or straight up having Don C tell him what retro Jordan’s were hot. Some of y’all can’t really be Kanye fans if y’all don’t know these truths.

Sincerely,

A huge Kanye fan

Mainstream America don’t know who Jerry Lorenzo or Don C are. In their eyes, they copying Kanye.

You can name all the obscure people you want to make your point...but we all know they not the ones bringing it to mainstream.

Let the record show - after all the years of ridiculing Jordan’s style, NT now credits JB with being one of the most influential trend setting brands out there.

I guess we just spew whatever nonsense needs to be spewed to fit our narrative.
Fox News 101

pharell stood our for how slim he wore his clothes at da time, not for what he was wearing...

when you go to getty images now it looks pretty standard now.

Maybe this is age related?

I'd say in the early 2000s-2007ish, Pharrell was the biggest influence when it came to fashion for hip hop fans. Dunks, Bape, slimmer jeans/t shirts, designer gear mixed with streetwear...basically that whole "high end skater/streerwear" look that was huge during that era and still exists today came from Pharrell. Kanye basically expanded on what Pharrell started.

In 2018, yes, more people are checking for him; I'm just saying he's not the original when it comes to this. I can see how young dudes on here might think so though.

These boys ain’t real Kanye fans. They see some yeezy roshe runs on people’s feet and think the world follows. But I remember....I remember

400C0DF9-1F1C-43DA-AD3E-1EE0213410AA.jpeg

after all the years of ridiculing Jordan’s style, NT now credits JB with being one of the most influential trend setting brands out there

you're conflating Michael Jordan personally vs Jordan Brand da company :lol: you're smarter than this.

Kanye is a tadpole in da fashion industry # wise.

pharell stood our for how slim he wore his clothes at da time, not for what he was wearing...

when you go to getty images now it looks pretty standard now.

You know if you woulda said Pharrell when I asked you to name a person more influential than Kanye, I woulda backed off and said you right.

Instead you said Jordan Brand. Broads just like to argue no matter how wrong they are.

Mainstream America don’t know who Jerry Lorenzo or Don C are. In their eyes, they copying Kanye.

You can name all the obscure people you want to make your point...but we all know they not the ones bringing it to mainstream.

Let the record show - after all the years of ridiculing Jordan’s style, NT now credits JB with being one of the most influential trend setting brands out there.

I guess we just spew whatever nonsense needs to be spewed to fit our narrative.
Fox News 101

Which goes to show that mainstream America isn’t into fashion as much you think they are. Kanye is a generic shuttle for what’s been hot in Streetwear for years before or what Europe was doing 2 seasons prior. Everyone will ridicule Michael Jordan’s selection of clothing but no one, especially on Niketalk is going to deny Michael Jordan’s influence as it pertains to streetwear. Nike shoes dominate streetwear. Michael Jordan is Nike’s poster child. There is a reason Nike is tens of billions of dollars ahead of their closest competition and I’m pretty sure it’s because the jumpman logo is one of the most recognizable symbols in the world, maybe more recognizable than the Nike check ironically. But lemme guess, you think people didn’t start wearing Air Jordan’s until Kanye did, right? Lol

Instead you said Jordan Brand. Broads just like to argue no matter how wrong they are.
u know
just to play devils advocate
colorways that we laughed at 10 years ago and sat
sell out nowadays
and folks claim are some of the best to release

Will be hilarious if Ferg gets his followers to wear Shuttle jeans in 2018

Back
Top Bottom