Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

It’s crazy how these dudes know nothing about this era and emulate people who know nothing about this era. Travis Scott talking about tailoring his Girbauds. Clowns.

The shirt is long enough but the jacket is too safe. These boys scared to venture off in that era forreal. How could you not put a race car jacket on that fit?? They gotta stay in their lane if they really don’t know how to do it.
man i had
71U92lVV67L._UX617_.jpg

wore with

s-l225.jpg

with these

images

how isn't Jordan Brand more influential than Pharrell? :lol:

one is a check writer, one cashes da checks...u figure it out :lol:

Because outside of sneakers, there is no piece of JB clothing garment that has influenced fashion.

If it all comes down to how much money one company cashes in, when are you going to drop that droid trash and cop this Iphone?
Cause you know...one writes checks...the other cashes them.

Because outside of sneakers, there is no piece of JB clothing garment that has influenced fashion.

If it all comes down to how much money one company cashes in, when are you going to drop that droid trash and cop this Iphone?
Cause you know...one writes checks...the other cashes them.

i think ya'll are arguing two different points.

it looks like ninja thinks MJ is a fashion icon because he owns a company that has been very influential in fashion.

while others think kanye is a fashion icon because his own fashion is influential.

nobody is checking for MJs fit, but people love his shoes.

a lot of people check for kanye's fit.

you can be a fashion icon without owning a clothing company

see: audrey hepburn, grace kelly, kate middleton, steve mcqueen, beckham

Was at the parents house a year or so ago for the holidays and found these old things

Attachments

• ECB5ED5D-0223-4559-8A08-B5AE9EC0467B.png
    ECB5ED5D-0223-4559-8A08-B5AE9EC0467B.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 20

u forgot sneakers as its own industry has entire ancillary fashion industry that depends on it? :lol:

Kanye got a couple poppin sneakers, JB at any moment is either as big or bigger than da entire Adidas company...

once again, ill let you figure it out :lol:

upload_2018-4-22_16-39-24.jpeg

upload_2018-4-22_16-37-11.jpeg

upload_2018-4-22_16-40-15.jpeg

upload_2018-4-22_16-38-22.png

Take me back pls

Wooh that fit is mean. When 18’s dropped everyone was going crazy. I initially wanted the white and red joints. Ended up copping the CDP pack years down the line just for the Black and Red joints. Rocking the CDP 5’s as I type this :nthat:

Bros I remember the most anticipated colorways of Jordan’s being the ALL BLACK version lol. Instantly throw it on with whatever you planned on initially

When Black cat and pure money 4’s dropped and you had a pair of Jordan’s you could wear with anything for the first time :wow::wow::wow:

i think ya'll are arguing two different points.

it looks like ninja thinks MJ is a fashion icon because he owns a company that has been very influential in fashion.

while others think kanye is a fashion icon because his own fashion is influential.

nobody is checking for MJs fit, but people love his shoes.

a lot of people check for kanye's fit.

Kanye operates in the streetwear lane and the shoes are the most important part of streetwear. Kanye’s fits have been hit or miss but his “influence” in pop culture fashion was from the demand of his sneakers and Nike was the orchestrator of that demand. Kanye was very calculated when he claimed “yeezy’s jumped over the jumpman”. He wanted to say his influence was on par or even greater than Michael jordan’s. And for a sliver of a second, it was the truth. Nike was just sitting back reaping the benefits while Kanye was arguably the most marketable human being on the planet. And then he talked his way right out of it and to an adidas deal that has him trying to hard to recapture that stardom. Mean while, Nike sold a million pairs of a shoe Michael Jordan wore 22 years ago....

Last edited:
u forgot sneakers as its own industry has entire ancillary fashion industry that depends on it? :lol:

Kanye got a couple poppin sneakers, JB at any moment is either as big or bigger than da entire Adidas company...

once again, ill let you figure it out :lol:

Nike Tanjun outsold everything else last year. Tanjun > Jordan lineup? Jordan singular models weren't even in the top 5 sneakers sold last year.

Adidas Superstars were though :nerd:

lets keep it a buck NY...by da time colored strapped Girbuad jeans was out they was already played out...folks done been moved on to Pepe jeans, state prop, rocawear, Akademiks, LRG, and if u was gettin ur early slim jean swag on you was on Diesel jeans.

lets keep it a buck NY...by da time colored strapped Girbuad jeans was out they was already played out...folks done been moved on to Pepe jeans, state prop, rocawear, Akademiks, LRG, and if u was gettin ur early slim jean swag on you was on Diesel jeans.

Se7en, Antik, Rock & Republics, Citizens, Trues, etc. DOMINATED H.S years for me I.E 2006

Exclusively Levi’s 501, 4-6 waists sizes too large, rubber bands on the cuffs.

Decorated pants were strictly a female thing

Back
Top Bottom