Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

The negative perception of black people comes from black people.

jimmy-iovine-grammy-museum.jpg

Is identity politics a bad thing when liberals do it? Because it is the raison d'etre of the GOP

when you boil down both approaches:

liberal= u should feel offended because you're a minority.

GOP = you shouldn't want anyone telling you how to feel just worry bout your money...to da point of callus.

being under liberal ideals feels too paternalistic for me as a minority. im not gonna feel like everything is offensive to me, and im not gonna subscribe to this fake intersectionality they got going for da sake of meshing da interest groups liberals wanna corner da market with when it comes to grieviance for political power.

da GOP ideals is all about individual self interest, at its more extreme its essentially naked selfishness, which depending on what subject it is im either all da way for, or all da way against..but at least they're honest about being selfish.

im all day way for people doing things for da self interest, no one owes anyone anything, nor should they expect anything from anyone.. i walk around like that.

so da best bet is take issues individually and sort em in your mind line by line from both parties and work from there.

I agree with Kanye when he says folks need to get away from this one label, political identification system.

There has been a push to educate the fluidity of sexuality, but why can't we have the same approach to religious and/or political stances?

Nobody truly believes in all of what each of the main political parties preach, so is it really a bad thing if someone doesn't want to pick A side?

I swear ya doing gods work trying to reach these buffoons in this thread. Meth bless your heart for doing all this research and probabilitiy breakdown so they can skim thriugh it and nitpick points they think they grasp, just to give some bs retort that shows how dumb they are.

Songs are trash by the way. Kanye doesnt even try to ride a beat and find pockets in songs. He just puts words together.

He thinks his words now matter more thsn his production. Damn. Someone get rhymefest and mos in these sessions.

Hmmm so I guess we’re still gonna let bigoted thought ride on this forum as long as it’s targeted toward Blacks. This forum is such a shining example of the fairness and equality that it’s leader pretends to practice. But let me make a comment about whites or Asians and my post is swiftly deleted and meth is in my inbox

Hmmm so I guess we’re still gonna let bigoted thought ride on this forum as long as it’s targeted toward Blacks. This forum is such a shining example of the fairness and equality that it’s leader pretends to practice. But let me make a comment about whites or Asians and my post is swiftly deleted and meth is in my inbox

Mods probably fell asleep and didn't wake up yet. Or he dog whistled the racism in his post enough that the mods didn't find it racist that the following sentence after saying the negative perception of Black people is created by black people, is a statement about "people" being lazy on the job.

Truthfully, because Black people have to overcome all of these stereotypes, many Black people are very hard working on the job. They generally don't have as many safety nets like moving back in with mom and dad if they lose their job.

Last edited:
I agree with Kanye when he says folks need to get away from this one label, political identification system.

There has been a push to educate the fluidity of sexuality, but why can't we have the same approach to religious and/or political stances?

Nobody truly believes in all of what each of the main political parties preach, so is it really a bad thing if someone doesn't want to pick A side?

A political system similar to the ones in most European countries would be best for the US. The thing is, reforming elections and campaign financing and enshrining those changes in the Constitution (as amendments) requires Democrats to retake power in both Chambers of Congress and a majority of governorships. They (and the rest of the Left) are the only side pushing for a fairer representation of the American people in the legislative branch. So, even if you hate Democrats a little less than (or just as much as) Republicans, your path towards better representation goes through them.

nope, that's why you hold on to your independence and let them cater to your individual interests.

“You know”
“We all know”
“Have you ever”
“Now if this”
“Now If that”

D39630E6-A6D6-44D7-9F6E-B60EC12692E2.jpeg

Yeah true. I don’t deny it. Post was all of that. Sorry but you are all just painting this picture to me that this is a huge problem. I’m just saying that out of all of the black men and women I know I just don’t see this happening. I have yet to talk to someone in real life that says “I didn’t get hired and I think it is because I’m black”. Sorry, just hasn’t happened to me. Is it anicdote? Yes.

Truthfully, because Black people have to overcome all of these stereotypes, many Black people are very hard working on the job. They generally don't have as many safety nets like moving back in with mom and dad if they lose their job.

General sweeps? You guys can point all mine out tho huh?

Issues in the black communities

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell050515.php3

I refuse to believe that my light skin got me everything I worked for! That’s just simple minded.

"including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility and all the other basic things that the clever intelligentsia disdain"

Did dis dude just say dis?

"One key fact that keeps getting ignored is that the poverty rate among black married couples has been in single digits every year since 1994."

This raises a couple of questions: does marriage make people wealthier? Or, do well-to-do black people choose to get married more often than struggling black folks?

I think we know the answer to the above.

Sowell sounded like a disingenuous, holier-than-thou piece of work.

Yeah true. I don’t deny it. Post was all of that. Sorry but you are all just painting this picture to me that this is a huge problem. I’m just saying that out of all of the black men and women I know I just don’t see this happening. I have yet to talk to someone in real life that says “I didn’t get hired and I think it is because I’m black”. Sorry, just hasn’t happened to me. Is it anicdote? Yes.
It doesn't (only) matter what you see and experience, you only see and experience a SUPER small minority of what is actually happening.

So to mention what you see and experience is simply used as a tool to "prove" to yourself that, "I doesn't really happen."

General sweeps? You guys can point all mine out tho huh?

Yea, Black people generally have to deal with racism. Black people generally are paid less for the same work. Black people generally pay higher interest rates for homes. Black people generally have a harder time obtaining employment than less educated white men. These all generally impact the social safety nets that Black people have to rely on. So yes I did "generalize".

Life is “unfair” for a lot of reasons when it comes to socioeconomics and upward social mobility. Race donesnt get to be one of those reasons. Some of y’all act like being black is like having to accept living life with your hand tied behind your back because life isn’t fair.

Obvious race does get to be one. And you obviously do have to accept it. I’m not trying to be mean. Laws aren’t the problem. Individual thought and preference is what you have a problem with.

Issues in the black communities

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell050515.php3

I refuse to believe that my light skin got me everything I worked for! That’s just simple minded.

hmmm...
Race, Politics and Lies

sowell.jpg

By Thomas Sowell
Published May 5, 2015

image: http://www.jewishworldreview.com/images/cleardot.gif?ref=relatedBox

cleardot.gif

Article Tools
image: http://jewishworldreview.com/theme/images/contact.png

Contact The Editor

image: http://jewishworldreview.com/theme/images/database.png

Articles By This Author

Among the many painful ironies in the current racial turmoil is that communities scattered across the country were disrupted by riots and looting because of the demonstrable lie that Michael Brown was shot in the back by a white policeman in Missouri — but there was not nearly as much turmoil created by the demonstrable fact that a fleeing black man was shot dead by a white policeman in South Carolina.

Totally ignored was the fact that a black policeman in Alabama fatally shot an unarmed white teenager, and was cleared of any charges, at about the same time that a white policeman was cleared of charges in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown.

In a world where the truth means so little, and headstrong preconceptions seem to be all that matter, what hope is there for rational words or rational behavior, much less mutual understanding across racial lines?

When the recorded fatal shooting of a fleeing man in South Carolina brought instant condemnation by whites and blacks alike, and by the most conservative as well as the most liberal commentators, that moment of mutual understanding was very fleeting, as if mutual understanding were something to be avoided, as a threat to a vision of "us against them" that was more popular.

That vision is nowhere more clearly expressed than in attempts to automatically depict whatever social problems exist in ghetto communities as being caused by the sins or negligence of whites, whether racism in general or a "legacy of slavery" in particular. Like most emotionally powerful visions, it is seldom, if ever, subjected to the test of evidence.

The "legacy of slavery" argument is not just an excuse for inexcusable behavior in the ghettos. In a larger sense, it is an evasion of responsibility for the disastrous consequences of the prevailing social vision of our times, and the political policies based on that vision, over the past half century.

Anyone who is serious about evidence need only compare black communities as they evolved in the first 100 years after slavery with black communities as they evolved in the first 50 years after the explosive growth of the welfare state, beginning in the 1960s.

You would be hard-pressed to find as many ghetto riots prior to the 1960s as we have seen just in the past year, much less in the 50 years since a wave of such riots swept across the country in 1965.

We are told that such riots are a result of black poverty and white racism. But in fact — for those who still have some respect for facts — black poverty was far worse, and white racism was far worse, prior to 1960. But violent crime within black ghettos was far less.

Murder rates among black males were going down — repeat, DOWN — during the much lamented 1950s, while it went up after the much celebrated 1960s, reaching levels more than double what they had been before. Most black children were raised in two-parent families prior to the 1960s. But today the great majority of black children are raised in one-parent families.

Such trends are not unique to blacks, nor even to the United States. The welfare state has led to remarkably similar trends among the white underclass in England over the same period. Just read "Life at the Bottom," by Theodore Dalrymple, a British physician who worked in a hospital in a white slum neighborhood.

You cannot take any people, of any color, and exempt them from the requirements of civilization — including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility and all the other basic things that the clever intelligentsia disdain — without ruinous consequences to them and to society at large.

Non-judgmental subsidies of counterproductive lifestyles are treating people as if they were livestock, to be fed and tended by others in a welfare state — and yet expecting them to develop as human beings have developed when facing the challenges of life themselves.

One key fact that keeps getting ignored is that the poverty rate among black married couples has been in single digits every year since 1994. Behavior matters and facts matter, more than the prevailing social visions or political empires built on those visions.

seeing da author of this editorial, reminds me of a question i wanted to formulate...

does da black community accept ANY black conservative/republican as a member their own without resorting to uncle this, and biscuit that?

there has to be one ya respect.

The fact that you haven’t witnessed it isn’t the problem. @Methodical Management hit the nail on the head, your problem is that you aren’t letting data and facts override the conclusions you’ve drawn based on your own myopic world view. That’s where you go from having an opinion to pushing false hoods. Anecdotal evidence can be used bring clarity to things on case by case basis, but anecdotal evidence doesn’t disprove statistical trends, data or patterns. You’re not in here saying “oh my personal experience doesn’t mirror the trends, my experience must fall as an outlier” you’re saying “I haven’t seen it so numbers don’t mean anything”

Yea, Black people generally have to deal with racism. Black people generally are paid less for the same work. Black people generally pay higher interest rates for homes. Black people generally have a harder time obtaining employment than less educated white men. These all generally impact the social safety nets that Black people have to rely on. So yes I did "generalize".

All black people? Most black people? 50/50? And why? Is it solely based on their darker complexion?

The fact that you haven’t witnessed it isn’t the problem. @Methodical Management hit the nail on the head, your problem is that you aren’t letting data and facts override the conclusions you’ve drawn based on your own myopic world view. That’s where you go from having an opinion to pushing false hoods. Anecdotal evidence can be used bring clarity to things on case by case basis, but anecdotal evidence doesn’t disprove statistical trends, data or patterns. You’re not in here saying “oh my personal experience doesn’t mirror the trends, my experience must fall as an outlier” you’re saying “I haven’t seen it so numbers don’t mean anything”

Anecdotes is what all this **** is based on! Individual accounts! There is no mass firing of black people.

nope, that's why you hold on to your independence and let them cater to your individual interests.

It’s been that way in this thread for a while unfortunately. Deters from real discussion but you know how it goes.
Yea, this either/or, group think phase this world (internet world) is in is annoying man.

Something simple but plays into the idea, someone posted something the other day. Sugar in Grits or Spaghetti, I said, "Why is this an either or question."

The memes folks make, the questions folks pose online, it all points to EITHER OR. I hate it.

Anecdotes is what all this **** is based on! Individual accounts! There is no mass firing of black people.

Has anyone claimed there is a mass firing of black people?

Or have people been telling you over and over that data shows racial discrimination in hiring and pay in the job market followed by data and studies to support it?

You’re chasing ghost arguments no one is making.

Back
Top Bottom