**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't dream about playoffs, I dream about Figueroa.

This is funny for reasons you might not understand if you're not from LA :lol:.

But anywho, yes a first round sweep is actually beneficial. Stealing a game would be even more so. Any playoff experience is beneficial and we have a chance to get there because of this current roster. The pieces that will be here long term are learning how to win, RIGHT NOW, because of players you guys would have been happy to get rid of before the season for some hot Cheetos. So yes, they are doing something for us long term and we're witnessing it on a nightly basis. We'd be exponentially worse right now and in the future if we didn't have them, it would just delay the team's growth even more. We already have enough friggin assets. Do your homework right and you don't need 14 picks for 2 players like Boston. We already don't have enough room for ant brown and zubac and you guys want to cram more babies in the crib. This front office is one shot one kill and we have like 6-7 solid players still developing with 3 more coming in the next 3 years minimum. That is an abundance.

Ska 5-4 is nothing to scoff at. It's like you guys want to skip the middle part, the cream filling of the rebuild and go straight to the dynasty. We're on a good trajectory right now and I personally don't want to ruin that chasing picks and free agents.

If you truly believe NICK YOUNG is "teaching" these young guys, I can't help you. That is not a thing. At all.

Your idea of assets is different than mine. You see 2nd round pick in 2019 and assume that will be great somehow.

I'm telling you getting MORE picks increases your chance for success. Simple. And since we will be handing over our first round pick to Philly, it helps to replace it.

And Zubac/Brown don't fit NOW, with Deng, Moz, Lou, Nick etc. When our window truly opens, for real, those 4 likely aren't helping. (Age, injuries, trades etc) So there is a need THEN for more talent/pieces.

Especially when you factor in that by then Randle/DLo/Ingram could be getting paid for real now. (Dependant on year)

You wanna lose 4-1 in the first round for a while, by all means. I rather clear dead waste and continue building with pieces that will matter when we're truly good again. Which is not this year.

If you think Nick Young and Lou Williams will be key contributors in 2-3 years for a contending team, God bless you.

At the end of the day they're not getting traded anytime soon, especially if we keep winning games. I'll be making slick comments all year to rub it in. So I'm right and you guys just have to deal with it [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
I don't know what's more exhausting. Some of y'all in constant GM mode :lol: or me criticizing Dlo after each game

Let's just enjoy the newfound excitement in watching our team grow and win

Last edited:
I don't know what's more exhausting. Some of y'all in constant GM mode :lol: or me criticizing Dlo after each game

Let's just enjoy the newfound excitement in watching our team grow and win

I just don't get it. Team is way ahead of schedule and dudes still tryna make these fantasy squads. Let this ride out.

I'm saying you get rid of him because he's not going to give you 5 years of solid production. And you know that.

Where are you getting 5 years from? Your bung hole? 2-3 years max on a reasonable deal. Anything other than that he's free to walk far as I'm concerned.

Just going based on what the comparable players have been getting...

And 5.. Counting this season

Back
Top Bottom