LeBron says he won't hesitate to leave Cavs in 2010 if offer is right

^I told myself I wasn't going to respond in these threads this season and I'm going to keep it that way, the argument is a big circle with no answeruntil that summer. Until then, Cavs > Knicks. Period.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^I told myself I wasn't going to respond in these threads this season and I'm going to keep it that way, the argument is a big circle with no answer until that summer. Until then, Cavs > Knicks. Period.

I tried
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

It's an endless argument.

But you're right Cavs > Knicks til then.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Knicks fans are starting to get borderline annoying.

Along the lines of Lakers, Warriors and Raptors.
smh.gif

Most all New Yorkers are obnoxious. It's in their blood.

I've gone to school with obnoxious New Yorkers, worked with them...etc

Must be in their blood to think the world revolves around them.
grin.gif

Always coveting what they don't have. Must be something that gets them by day to day.

Guess I see where Stienbrenner gets it from.

-
laugh.gif
im still over here laughing at these cats catching feelings overthe truth.....i'd respect them more if they just admitted to their behavior, i mean its no secrect everyone knows how yall act, fess up and it wont stingso bad when people call you out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^I told myself I wasn't going to respond in these threads this season and I'm going to keep it that way, the argument is a big circle with no answer until that summer. Until then, Cavs > Knicks. Period.
But you're right Cavs > Knicks til then.
Word. Both of y'all are right...Cavs > Knicks (even though no one was talking about that)...

But..

116q5jq.jpg

sports_photo02.jpg

He knows what's up...

we need to lock this up until 2010.

im not searching for it but there was an article in the PD today that said lebrons tired of this talk already. he said somethin like you reporters just need anew story every game so you write about my free agency 2 years from now. (somethin like that) this was from last night when reporters again asked him about itbefore the pistons game. hes gonna just not do interviews anymore if thats the only thing being asked. he said ask me in 2 years, im happy where im at now.

Originally Posted by belle155

he said ask me in 2 years, im happy where im at now.

/thread

BTW, I just re-read the entire article in the OG post and nowhere does he say he will not hesitate to leave
laugh.gif

If anything he made stronger cases to stay saying "winning a championship" is the most important factor.
"I am focused on the team that I am on right now and winning a championship," he said. "So it gets funny at times, but I don't think about
making a change at this point. I am focusing on the team I have here and the relationship I have with the Cavs."
"I love you Cleveland," he said. "I love Ohio and I'm not going anywhere."
James said winning a title will be the most important thing for him in free agency.
"Absolutely," he said. "When I decide to make that decision, you know, it is basically to put me in a position where I feel like I can win
multiple championships. If it's staying here, then I will be here. If it's moving elsewhere, then I will have to look at all my options."
"I think we have made strides since I have been here," James said. "We have gotten better every year and I think this year is probably the
best team we've had since I have been here.

laugh.gif
Cats be reaaaaachin....

I like how since Lebron becomes a free agent in 2010 Knick fans automatically assume that he will go there. Seriously, when is the last time you guys havesigned a legitimate free agent? Even come 2010 you will still have to get rid of cap room which means getting rid of Curry, Randolph, and maybe Crawford. That leaves you Wilson Chandler and Danillo Gallonofdouche to draw Lebron to NY. I really dont understand how that is attractive at all. Its not like youguys will get a good draft pick this year either because you will be a middle of the road team potentially later lottery so thats not really helping the caseeither. Yes, NY is an attractive basketball city, but you dudes havent gotten anyone worthwile in a long time. I cant think of the last big free agent youguys have signed. Latrell Spreewell? Not to mention other teams like the Nets are going to have a good young core to build around in Devin Harris, YiJianlian, Brook Lopez, and Vince Carter plus whatever draft picks they are more than likely going to get. Other than the city, how is NY the most attractiveplace for Lebron to come?

/thread

BTW, I just re-read the entire article in the OG post and nowhere does he say he will not hesitate to leave
laugh.gif

If anything he made stronger cases to stay saying "winning a championship" is the most important factor.
"I am focused on the team that I am on right now and winning a championship," he said. "So it gets funny at times, but I don't think about
making a change at this point. I am focusing on the team I have here and the relationship I have with the Cavs."
James said winning a title will be the most important thing for him in free agency.
"Absolutely," he said. "When I decide to make that decision, you know, it is basically to put me in a position where I feel like I can win
multiple championships. If it's staying here, then I will be here. If it's moving elsewhere, then I will have to look at all my options."
"I think we have made strides since I have been here," James said. "We have gotten better every year and I think this year is probably the

laugh.gif
Cats be reaaaaachin....

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

I like how since Lebron becomes a free agent in 2010 Knick fans automatically assume that he will go there. Seriously, when is the last time you guys have signed a legitimate free agent? Even come 2010 you will still have to get rid of cap room which means getting rid of Curry, Randolph, and maybe Crawford. That leaves you Wilson Chandler and Danillo Gallonofdouche to draw Lebron to NY. I really dont understand how that is attractive at all. Its not like you guys will get a good draft pick this year either because you will be a middle of the road team potentially later lottery so thats not really helping the case either. Yes, NY is an attractive basketball city, but you dudes havent gotten anyone worthwile in a long time. I cant think of the last big free agent you guys have signed. Latrell Spreewell? Not to mention other teams like the Nets are going to have a good young core to build around in Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian, Brook Lopez, and Vince Carter plus whatever draft picks they are more than likely going to get. Other than the city, how is NY the most attractive place for Lebron to come?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If you two REALLY believe that,then I really dont know what to say...

Originally Posted by yungmatt

/thread

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Cats be reaaaaachin....

I like how since Lebron becomes a free agent in 2010 Knick fans automatically assume that he will go there. Seriously, when is the last time you guys have signed a legitimate free agent? Even come 2010 you will still have to get rid of cap room which means getting rid of Curry, Randolph, and maybe Crawford. That leaves you Wilson Chandler and Danillo Gallonofdouche to draw Lebron to NY. I really dont understand how that is attractive at all. Its not like you guys will get a good draft pick this year either because you will be a middle of the road team potentially later lottery so thats not really helping the case either. Yes, NY is an attractive basketball city, but you dudes havent gotten anyone worthwile in a long time. I cant think of the last big free agent you guys have signed. Latrell Spreewell? Not to mention other teams like the Nets are going to have a good young core to build around in Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian, Brook Lopez, and Vince Carter plus whatever draft picks they are more than likely going to get. Other than the city, how is NY the most attractive place for Lebron to come?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Of course you don't. You live in fantasy land while the rest of us reside in reality

Knick fans....sheesh...

isiahthomas_main.jpg

seriously name me the last big free agent that has landed in NY???

I really wish I could live in la-la land with you man, but truth of the matter is the Knicks blow.

Of course you don't. You live in fantasy land while the rest of us reside in reality

Knick fans....sheesh...

http://www.complex.com/bl...8/04/isiahthomas_main.jpg src="http://www.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/isiahthomas_main.jpg">

laugh.gif
I see you got me twisted... I live in NY but im not a Knicks fan atall. I go to more Nets games than Knicks games. I just dont ignore the obvious like some of you Cavs fans who wanna see the dude stay. He gave yall a good runand like it or not hell be gone in 2010...

I really wish I could live in la-la land with you man, but truth of the matter is the Knicks blow.

laugh.gif

Forget about the question of whos the last big free agent they got.... IT clearly doesnt matter. The dude is coming to NY

Knick fans....sheesh...

http://www.complex.com/bl...8/04/isiahthomas_main.jpg src="http://www.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/isiahthomas_main.jpg">

laugh.gif
I see you got me twisted... I live in NY but im not a Knicks fan at all. I go to more Nets games than Knicks games. I just dont ignore the obvious like some of you Cavs fans who wanna see the dude stay. He gave yall a good run and like it or not hell be gone in 2010...

Fam, you ain't even substantiating your position unlike me and Scottsauce. You just throwing out "
laugh.gif
"'s and wild presumptions.

Back it up, or back out.

Knick fans....sheesh...

http://www.complex.com/bl...8/04/isiahthomas_main.jpghttp://www.complex.com/bl...8/04/isiahthomas_main.jpg src="http://www.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/isiahthomas_main.jpg">

laugh.gif
I see you got me twisted... I live in NY but im not a Knicks fan at all. I go to more Nets games than Knicks games. I just dont ignore the obvious like some of you Cavs fans who wanna see the dude stay. He gave yall a good run and like it or not hell be gone in 2010...

Fam, you ain't even substantiating your position unlike me and Scottsauce. You just throwing out "
laugh.gif
"'s and wild presumptions.

Back it up, or back out.

laugh.gif
Let me find my first post on here...Ill post it up in a sec for you.Theres nothing more for me to explain

My first post...

Only an idiot WOULDNT have saw this coming years ago... I actually thought he would head to NY after his rookie deal was up..

LeBron in NY=Me having a reason to go to Knicks game again

Crazy thing is that the last 6 Knick games i been to was the last 6 times they played the Cavs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

I am from cleveland and if Lebron does leave, I don't understand why New York????

To get to that jordan/goat status you have to win rings, and going to the knicks or nets, does not really put him in a

better situation, if he does leave, I can see him leaving for a contender, not a garbo team like the knicks or nets.

Money and his LEGACY....The Knicks havent won a title in damn near 40 years.If he can win a title here he would be considered King of NY not to mention King of Basketball

indifferent.gif
You really think the Cavs would have a better supporting cast for LeBron than the knicks would??? They wouldnt even have that now if Lebron was in NY this season.... And like others said before me, LeBron in the D'Antoni system is SCARY

Bron,see u in NY come 2010
pimp.gif

Knick fans....sheesh...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Forget about the question of whos the last big free agent they got.... IT clearly doesnt matter. The dude is coming to NY

why? Why exactly is it an assumption that he will automatically go to the cavs? Oh, I know, because the dude wore a NY Yankee hat once to a clevelandbaseball game so Knick fans automatically assumed from there on that since they have cap room, he will go to New York. In 2010, what is going to make NY moreattractive than other basketball cities? Honestly, I just want to know. All you've stated is he is going to NY. You have yet to post a single reasonwhy, just your unsubstantiated opinion. Just like Knick fans assumed over the summer that Stern would rigg the draft for them to make NY more attractive. Just like NY fans assumed you would be able to get rid of Curry and Randolphs contracts. Here's a newsflash, you couldnt TRADE RANDOLPH FOR A SECOND ROUNDPICK. I think that right there should be an indication of how hard it is going to be to get rid of his contract added to the fact that you still have to getrid of Curry who isnt even @@%*@#$ playing right now. Have fun unloading a 12 million dollar reservere on someone. I would say you could just dump it onIsaiah, but apparently he isnt a GM for a team anymore. Wonder why?

Knick fans....sheesh...

http://www.complex.com/bl...8/04/isiahthomas_main.jpghttp://www.complex.com/bl...8/04/isiahthomas_main.jpg src="http://www.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/isiahthomas_main.jpg">

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

why? Why exactly is it an assumption that he will automatically go to the cavs? Oh, I know, because the dude wore a NY Yankee hat once to a cleveland baseball game so Knick fans automatically assumed from there on that since they have cap room, he will go to New York. In 2010, what is going to make NY more attractive than other basketball cities? Honestly, I just want to know. All you've stated is he is going to NY. You have yet to post a single reason why, just your unsubstantiated opinion. Just like Knick fans assumed over the summer that Stern would rigg the draft for them to make NY more attractive. Just like NY fans assumed you would be able to get rid of Curry and Randolphs contracts. Here's a newsflash, you couldnt TRADE RANDOLPH FOR A SECOND ROUND PICK. I think that right there should be an indication of how hard it is going to be to get rid of his contract added to the fact that you still have to get rid of Curry who isnt even @@%*@#$ playing right now. Have fun unloading a 12 million dollar reservere on someone. I would say you could just dump it on Isaiah, but apparently he isnt a GM for a team anymore. Wonder why?

I really dont care if he comes to NY or not so im not gonna go back and fourth debating...But...Since you didnt see what i FIRST posted...Here it is again... Ialso stated my opinion on the whole Knick contract situation situation somewhere else in the thread...If you care to find it be my guest...

My first post...

Only an idiot WOULDNT have saw this coming years ago... I actually thought he would head to NY after his rookie deal was up..

LeBron in NY=Me having a reason to go to Knicks game again

Crazy thing is that the last 6 Knick games i been to was the last 6 times they played the Cavs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

I am from cleveland and if Lebron does leave, I don't understand why New York????

To get to that jordan/goat status you have to win rings, and going to the knicks or nets, does not really put him in a

better situation, if he does leave, I can see him leaving for a contender, not a garbo team like the knicks or nets.

Money and his LEGACY....The Knicks havent won a title in damn near 40 years.If he can win a title here he would be considered King of NY not to mention King of Basketball

indifferent.gif
You really think the Cavs would have a better supporting cast for LeBron than the knicks would??? They wouldnt even have that now if Lebron was in NY this season.... And like others said before me, LeBron in the D'Antoni system is SCARY

Bron,see u in NY come 2010
pimp.gif

Here's a newsflash, you couldnt TRADE RANDOLPH FOR A SECOND ROUND PICK. I think that right there should be an indication of how hard it is going to be to get rid of his contract
Sorry, but you're an idiot.

you guys have signed a legitimate free agent?
uhhh the last time we had cap space? You know you can't sign a FA without that? How dumb are you?

Larry Johnson, Allan Houston and Chris Childs.

Just stop.

and to quote you, the Cavs may or may not have a better supporting cast right now, but they certaintly have a much much better chance of fillingout that cast in 2010. I by no means believe Lebron will stay in Cleveland in 2010(sorry outofcontrol) but they certainly are in a much better financial placeto sign Lebron AND another superstar. Let me tell you why. Its a thing called the salary cap. As of right now assuming they pick up the options on Gallinariand Chandler they will have 45 million dollars worth of salaries. You best bet that Eddy Curry is going to take his player option and by 2010 Randolph will bemaking 17 million dollars. Using what we have seen in the past, you probably wont get rid of Randolph unless you take another bad contract of lesser value inreturn. Say you take on a 9-10 million dollar contract to get rid of randolph that leaves you with about 38 million dollars in salary. The current salary capis set at about 58 million dollars. That leaves you 20 million to sign Lebron, which is okay but not bad. The Cavs on the other hand have 18 million dollarsworth of salary other than Lebron. They also have something called the Larry Bird exception which allows teams to resign players over that cap. So not onlydo they have about half as much salaries, they can also go over the cap to sign Lebron. This means they can let Lebron opt out, sign another Superstar to goalong with Lebron AND sign Lebron over the cap. Say they sign another superstar for 15 million that puts them at 32 million dollars worth of salary. Thecould theoretically sign another star if the free agent market is as deep as with think and then sign Lebron for AS much as the Knicks could offer Lebron.

Say what you want, but just because your PLAN is to get Lebron, it doesnt necessarily mean it will happen. But read this again, I DONT THINK LEBRON WILL STAYIN CLEVELAND, I just dont think he will go to the Knicks.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

uhhh the last time we had cap space? You know you can't sign a FA without that? How dumb are you?

Just stop.

Here's a newsflash, you couldnt TRADE RANDOLPH FOR A SECOND ROUND PICK. I think that right there should be an indication of how hard it is going to be to get rid of his contract
laugh.gif
Im ALWAYS up for a good debate,but I refuse to go back and fourth with him after he said that

and to quote you, the Cavs may or may not have a better supporting cast right now, but they certaintly have a much much better chance of filling out that cast in 2010. I by no means believe Lebron will stay in Cleveland in 2010(sorry outofcontrol) but they certainly are in a much better financial place to sign Lebron AND another superstar. Let me tell you why. Its a thing called the salary cap. As of right now assuming they pick up the options on Gallinari and Chandler they will have 45 million dollars worth of salaries. You best bet that Eddy Curry is going to take his player option and by 2010 Randolph will be making 17 million dollars. Using what we have seen in the past, you probably wont get rid of Randolph unless you take another bad contract of lesser value in return. Say you take on a 9-10 million dollar contract to get rid of randolph that leaves you with about 38 million dollars in salary. The current salary cap is set at about 58 million dollars. That leaves you 20 million to sign Lebron, which is okay but not bad. The Cavs on the other hand have 18 million dollars worth of salary other than Lebron. They also have something called the Larry Bird exception which allows teams to resign players over that cap. So not only do they have about half as much salaries, they can also go over the cap to sign Lebron. This means they can let Lebron opt out, sign another Superstar to go along with Lebron AND sign Lebron over the cap. Say they sign another superstar for 15 million that puts them at 32 million dollars worth of salary. The could theoretically sign another star if the free agent market is as deep as with think and then sign Lebron for AS much as the Knicks could offer Lebron.

Say what you want, but just because your PLAN is to get Lebron, it doesnt necessarily mean it will happen. But read this again, I DONT THINK LEBRON WILL STAY IN CLEVELAND, I just dont think he will go to the Knicks.

Scotty,throw all of your numbers out the window and realize that NY can and will make LeBron WAYYYY more money than a Larry Bird exception...Why cant u seem tounderstand that?

Are you dumb or just dumb? You do know that the Knicks didn't have cap space for almost this entire decade right? Once we signed Houston tothat large contract, we never had cap space to sign anyone. Layden and Isiah really did a number on our cap.

Ok your right. The clippers thought they were getting a %%%*#! deal so they asked for a first round pick also.

Just stop.
and how much cap room do you think the Knicks are going to have in 2010? You still have to get rid of Curry and Randolph. So how much cap roomare you going to have for lebron?

Back
Top Bottom