LeBron says he won't hesitate to leave Cavs in 2010 if offer is right

Umm we will have $45mill on our cap by that time. We will have the money to give LeBron a maxed out deal. Plus Randolph, Curry and Jamal will all be gone bythen.

a9vmme.jpg

Scotty,throw all of your numbers out the window and realize that NY can and will make LeBron WAYYYY more money than a Larry Bird exception...Why cant u seem to understand that?

let me guess, your talking about this famed Nike clause?

Are you dumb or just dumb? You do know that the Knicks didn't have cap space for almost this entire decade right? Once we signed Houston to that large contract, we never had cap space to sign anyone. Layden and Isiah really did a number on our cap.
just answer me this, how much cap do you guys really believe you will have. Who is willing to be a suitor for Randolph and Curry? Reguardless,you are probably going to have to take a contract on in return for one of these two players.

Umm we will have $45mill on our cap by that time. We will have the money to give LeBron a maxed out deal. Plus Randolph, Curry and Jamal will all be gone by then.
lol you know this how? The only player I can see a team taking a real interest in is Crawford. You guys are calling me ******ed but you refuseto see that you only have about 15 million to sign Lebron in 2010.

A) Donnie Walsh wanted more from the Clippers, not vice versa
laugh.gif
. He shotdown the joke of a 2nd round offer.

B) You don't think a team will want a guy that is playing and putting up the numbers like Zach is? There has already been some interest this year. Somebodyis gona feel the need to make a move by the dead line or in the off season and Zach will be dealt.

C) You package Lee with Curry. Which Golden State would have taken for Al Harrington 2 weeks ago.

Have you been seeing Randolph play lately? We can get rid of him RIGHT now if we add David Lee to the package.

Hell, even Nate Robinson looks good right now.

The Knicks are winning, and these players are looking good. We can possibly get rid od Z-Bo by the trade deadline, or the end of this season.

You're just a Knicks hater. Admit that first so we can get that out of the way, and then we can have a rational debate.

^^I still think we should've pulled the trigger on that deal. Although, we can sign David Lee this offseason, and then trade him.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

If you two REALLY believe that,then I really dont know what to say...
seriously name me the last big free agent that has landed in NY???

Name me the last big free agent whose goal is to become a billionaire/global icon and hasn't at least contemplated or seriously considered (which is what LBJ is doing) moving to NY?...

Dude has Warren Buffet as an advisor....don't let this cat fool you. Every NBA player's goal playing basketball is to win a (or multiple)championships...his goal in LIFE is what I stated above...how in the hell is he going to do that in Cleveland?...And I'm not even trying to bedisrespectful, I'd like a serious answer here...

I mean, when Kobe was a free agent, he had the Knicks on his short list of teams he'd CONSIDER playing for. Why would Kobe even think about that? TheKnicks have been trash for years so it doesn't make sense, right?

It's the fact that a lot of these dudes love the allure of playing at MSG, the mecca of basketball, love NYC, love the culture/atmosphere here...it'sattracting to some of these guys. They want the spotlight on them at all times and NY gives it to them. Win a championship with the Knicks and you're a godhere...you'll be set for life as far as endorsement offers and things of that sort...

If the Nets move to Brooklyn can be completed within the next 4-5 years (which reports say are doubtful), then he might think of heading over theretoo...especially with Jay in his ear...
Originally Posted by outacontrol music

laugh.gif
Cats be reaaaaachin in deniaaaaaaaaaal....
fixed.

Of course Cleveland easily has the better team now and is built to make a championship run...but let's not fool ourselves. A lot can happen in two years. Ijust don't know why some of you think LBJ wouldn't seriously consider moving to NY...seperate your thoughts from your emotions for a sec...

I'm not naive though...if the Cavs win a championship before LeBron hits free agency then I'd THINK he'd want to stay put for obvious reasons...butif it's the same results as the last couple of years, who knows...
Originally Posted by belle155

we need to lock this up until 2010.
Agreed. Let's just let it all play out...
happy.gif

laugh.gif
@ SoHi...you pulled his card fam...always gotta watch what you say on NT.
laugh.gif

Have you been seeing Randolph play lately? We can get rid of him RIGHT now if we add David Lee to the package.

Hell, even Nate Robinson looks good right now.

Yes, I have seen Randolph play lately and I also saw him play all of last year which wasnt necessarily pretty either.

A) Donnie Walsh wanted more from the Clippers, not vice versa. He shot down the joke of a 2nd round offer.

here is the only article I could find on it:

Knicks ship Renaldo Balkman to Nuggets to clear cap space
By FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Monday, July 28th 2008, 4:14 PM
Forward Renaldo Balkman, one of Thomas' six first-round picks, was traded to the Denver Nuggets Monday for two players - point guard Taurean Green and small forward Bobby Jones - who will be released. The Knicks also received a 2010 second-round pick and cash.
That Walsh, the team president, would essentially give Balkman away is proof that head coach Mike D'Antoni believes that Wilson Chandler, Quentin Richardson and Jared Jeffries are all better options at small forward. Also, first-round pick Danilo Gallinari can play both forward positions.
Thomas surprised most executives two years ago when he made the 6-8 Balkman the No. 20 pick in the draft. With his long hair and gritty style of play, Balkman quickly became a fan favorite, but his limited shooting range resulted in inconsistent minutes.
Coincidentally, Balkman's finest performance as a Knick came last November, when he shut down All-Star Carmelo Anthony in the second half of a win over the Nuggets at the Garden. Balkman is an above-average defensive player and the Nuggets need to improve in that area, especially after trading Marcus Camby to the Clippers.
"Renaldo really had no role after we drafted Gallinari, and with the emergence of Wilson Chandler his minutes would be nonexistent," D'Antoni told The Associated Press in Macau, where he is on the U.S. Olympic team staff. "So it really wasn't fair to him to keep him in a spot that he wouldn't play and also gives us an opportunity to clear up a roster spot and move on."
Walsh had an opportunity to deal Zach Randolph to the Clippers for a second-round pick but the Knicks rejected the deal. There have been reports that the Clippers also asked for a first-round pick. Walsh is hoping to trade Randolph before the start of the season. The club also is expected to release incumbent point guard Stephon Marbury. A Knicks source says that any transaction involving Marbury won't take place until late September or early October.
Until Green and Jones are released, the Knicks have 17 players on the roster - two above the maximum.
I could be wrong but either way, there were reports about it.

C) You package Lee with Curry. Which Golden State would have taken for Al Harrington 2 weeks ago.

but they didn't wonder why. You really think it is going to be that easy to get rid of a player who is making 12 million a year and not playing?

B) You don't think a team will want a guy that is playing and putting up the numbers like Zach is? There has already been some interest this year. Somebody is gona feel the need to make a move by the dead line or in the off season and Zach will be dealt.

you mean a team like the Knicks? No, I dont really believe that there are a lot of teams out there that are dying to take Randolphs contract of your hands anddo you guys a favor. Here is a better question. Do you really believe that Randolph is worth the 17 million he is being paid right now?

You're just a Knicks hater. Admit that first so we can get that out of the way, and then we can have a rational debate.

I thought we were but apparently I dont think Lebron is going to NY so that makes me a "hater".

Have you been seeing Randolph play lately? We can get rid of him RIGHT now if we add David Lee to the package

not sure but I think you will only be able to use Lee once.

I mean, when Kobe was a free agent, he had the Knicks on his short list of teams he'd CONSIDER playing for. Why would Kobe even think about that? The Knicks have been trash for years so it doesn't make sense, right?
did you guys even have cap room to sign Kobe. And Im pretty sure the short list was the Bulls, Spurs, and Clippers. I could be wrong though.

1) Ok so you cant make several scenario's??? You can only add a player once to one scenario right?? Gee i wonder how trades actually go down then. Pleaseenlighten us some more, NBA trade Guru!!!

2) Plenty of teams would take Randolph right now...when you put up 20 and 10, there will be takers.

3) Reason why we didn't take Harrington was because we already have enough shooters, and Harrington has been playing terrible so far.

4) Why do u bring up last year?? That was LAST year, this is THIS year.

I mean, when Kobe was a free agent, he had the Knicks on his short list of teams he'd CONSIDER playing for. Why would Kobe even think about that? The Knicks have been trash for years so it doesn't make sense, right?
did you guys even have cap room to sign Kobe. And Im pretty sure the short list was the Bulls, Spurs, and Clippers. I could be wrong though.
Nope...and that's what made it even more funny. I'm not saying he would have signed with the Knicks if there was available cap room, butthe situation would obviously look a whole lot better...

Off a quick Google search, here's from an article I pulled up...

Amid the darkness and hopelessness of the Knicks season came a purple ray of light when Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant revealed today that New York's troubled franchise is on his four-team wish list he drafted this past summer.
Bryant, whose Lakers invade the Garden Sunday at noon for their lone appearance this season, said the Knicks, Bulls, Mavericks and Suns were the teams he wished to be traded to when he made his demand to be dealt.

The Knicks' off- and on-the-court troubles don't seem to have affected the Big Apple's status for Bryant, who still could see himself trading in the purple and gold for the orange and blue.

Bryant seems the only one who doesn't consider the Knick an atrocity. When he was a free agent, Bryant invited Thomas to his Newport Beach, Calif., home in the summer of 2004 when he was a free agent to listen to his overtures.

"I don't scare too easily," he said the Knicks sorry state of affairs. "Things have kind of rolled on pretty fast here in New York. But the mentality you have to have is to keep moving forward and not worry about this situation. Every storm passes."

but they didn't wonder why. You really think it is going to be that easy to get rid of a player who is making 12 million a year and not playing?
Lee has value, only 2 years left on Eddy's deal. And some feel he could still be used. So yes, those two can be packaged.

I wonder why? No it's quite simple...that would have left us with ONLY Zach, Chandler and Malik up front. You don't do that.
No, I dont really believe that there are a lot of teams out there that are dying to take Randolphs contract of your hands and do you guys a favor. Here is a better question. Do you really believe that Randolph is worth the 17 million he is being paid right now?
No, he's not worth it. A lot of players aren't worth the money.

A team will feel a lost post scorer can put them as contenders this year, OR a team will have cap space in the off season and take the contract on.

As far as the Clippers trade...a first round pick?

So..
Zach
1st Round pick

For..
2nd round pick.

Don't think so
grin.gif

did you guys even have cap room to sign Kobe
Missed the point, completely.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Umm we will have $45mill on our cap by that time. We will have the money to give LeBron a maxed out deal. Plus Randolph, Curry and Jamal will all be gone by then.

a9vmme.jpg

But there's still NOTHING for a second all-star which in many arguments, people claim LeBron needs to get over the hump....

But the Cavs on the other hand will be in a better position to LAND that second all-star along with having Mo Williams, a better guard than anyone on theKnicks roster right now.

And as stated in the article...

James said winning a title will be the most important thing for him in free agency.

^I'm glad that we didn't have the space for Kobe that year. Even thought he's the best player right now in the league, he won't be the same 2-4years from now.

By the time 2010 hits, LeBron will be 24-25 years old.

2) Plenty of teams would take Randolph right now...when you put up 20 and 10, there will be takers.
all im asking is where are the takers?

So..
Zach
1st Round pick

For..
2nd round pick.

Don't think so
grin.gif

this is my point exactly. You think teams are just going to do you guys a favor? You really think that teams are going to help you guys landLebron. "But were the Knicks, we are the basketball capital of the world".

and you missed my point, again. Kobe couldn't have seriously had the Knicks in mind if they didnt even have a way to sign him. Jesus.

Lee has value, only 2 years left on Eddy's deal. And some feel he could still be used. So yes, those two can be packaged.
so what team has 20 million dollars to swamp around that would be a realistic taker?

A team will feel a lost post scorer can put them as contenders this year, OR a team will have cap space in the off season and take the contract on.
seriously though, what contender has the contract that you guys need and is willing to deal it. The only team I can think of is the Cavs and theysure as +##* arent going to trade you Wally and just hand you Lebron in 2010. Im just wondering, its a simple question?

my fault, I forgot that 10 games completely erases his lack of effort all last year.

a9vmme.jpg

But there's still NOTHING for a second all-star which in many arguments, people claim LeBron needs to get over the hump....

But the Cavs on the other hand will be in a better position to LAND that second all-star along with having Mo Williams, a better guard than anyone on the Knicks roster right now.
I'm done talking to you....
laugh.gif

Jamal/Chandler>Mo Williams

a9vmme.jpg

But the Cavs on the other hand will be in a better position to LAND that second all-star along with having Mo Williams, a better guard than anyone on the Knicks roster right now.
laugh.gif

Plus Randolph, Curry and Jamal will all be gone by then.

http://www.oddpic.com/data/508/*****slap.gif

all im asking is where are the takers?

So..
Zach
1st Round pick

For..
2nd round pick.

Don't think so
grin.gif

this is my point exactly. You think teams are just going to do you guys a favor? You really think that teams are going to help you guys land Lebron. "But were the Knicks, we are the basketball capital of the world".

and you missed my point, again. Kobe couldn't have seriously had the Knicks in mind if they didnt even have a way to sign him. Jesus.

so what team has 20 million dollars to swamp around that would be a realistic taker?

seriously though, what contender has the contract that you guys need and is willing to deal it. The only team I can think of is the Cavs and they sure as +##* arent going to trade you Wally and just hand you Lebron in 2010. Im just wondering, its a simple question?

my fault, I forgot that 10 games completely erases his lack of effort all last year.
Warriors, Bulls, Clippers, Kings, Pacers all need a post big man that can score and rebound.

this is my point exactly. You think teams are just going to do you guys a favor? You really think that teams are going to help you guys land Lebron. "But were the Knicks, we are the basketball capital of the world".
Oh so us dealing a 20 and 10 guy and a LOTTERY pick is helping US?

okay.
laugh.gif

Didn't I just give you one?

No I understand that, and I already said the Knicks need a max deal for the LeBron. That's obvious. It's just the appeal of living/playingin NY.

And just a week ago the Bulls, Cavs and Nuggets were all reported in 'monitoring' Randolph...and the Clippers had interest...so it's just not likenobody is gona entertain the idea of trading for him.

a9vmme.jpg

And as stated in the article...

James said winning a title will be the most important thing for him in free agency.

Sorry, I have heard that from EVERY ATHLETE in the history of sports... IMO LeBron wants to win a title as a Knick more than winning a title as aCav...I mean who wouldnt??

If you were a GM in the league,you might be the only GM that thinks Mo is better than JC....

If you were a GM in the league,you might be the only GM that thinks Mo is better than JC....
well it doesnt matter because apparently in 2010 Jamal wont be there which is exactly his point.

LeBron already took a team with no 2nd all star to the finals.

The man has an ego, and he has a reason to. Don't think that he thinks he could do it again?

laugh.gif

wait I thought the knicks were getting rid of Jamal?
laugh.gif

So, when did I say we were going to trade him?? I think he'll opt out. He is playing ridiculously well this year, and will be an All-Star.This is how I know that you don't watch the Knicks and hate them for no reason, because if you did watch the Knicks you'd see how well Jamal is playingnow.

He has a player option next season, and if he continues to play well this season, he will opt out to get a better deal. Knicks will not sign him if he decidedsto opt out.

Back
Top Bottom