LeBron says he won't hesitate to leave Cavs in 2010 if offer is right

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

nycknicks105 wrote:
Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

nycknicks105 wrote:
^^why don't you like the Knicks?
I'm not from NY, so what's to like about them? I never said I hated them. I just said I didn't like them.

edit: and Ska, I hope you continue the trend of locking Lebron vs Kobe threads... they are basically becoming a cancer on this board, ala Kobe vs MJ.
IDK, but for some reason every person I've met that doesn't like the Knicks either hated them for no reason, or liked them.

Especially here on NT...People hate them just because...

- NO. people hate the knicks because Knick fans are as obnoxious as the folks that live in NYC about the Knicks. Knick fans are as bad as Kobe fans.
- i have a NY friend (thats of course crazy about the Knicks), dude told me once he didnt like the Heat because they cheated. im like cheated?? how did they cheat? he replied "they stacked the deck, they started signing all those good older players, thats cheating". i was like
roll.gif
you cant be serious.....but he was. so i say "what about all those guys the Knicks picked up", "plus yall hometown favorite Starbury", "what about that"?? he didnt have an answer.....

- in short its not just "for no reason" NY folks and Knick fans need to get over themselves and understand once they lose the attitude, feelings will start to change towards them.

why must you generalize?? I was hoping the Knick fans in this community would change that thought.

Yall really think NY or any team needs to get Cap Space for Bron???
roll.gif
roll.gif

Cmon fellas,the NBA is rigged.. David Stern is gonna make Bron to NY happen. He knows what thats gonna do for the league.

Just like last year when LA stole Gasol for nothing, from now till 2010 were gonna see all of these "untradeable" players on the knicks that no onewanted for years start moving.

Yall really think NY or any team needs to get Cap Space for Bron???
Yeah...you need a max deal for him...

"untradeable" players on the knicks that no one wanted for years start moving.
So what do you mean?...that will result in cap space...

and they are going to be movable because their value is increasing right now...ie Zach

Originally Posted by allen3xis

^ nah as of right now, we still need to move some contracts

We do, by the 2010 season we will move Z-bo and Jamal...I can also imagine us moving Chandler/Lee in a package for Eddy Curry.

a9vmme.jpg

By the way...if Jamal has a break out season this year, i see him picking up his option and trying to get a better deal.

"untradeable" players on the knicks that no one wanted for years start moving.
So what do you mean?...that will result in cap space...

and they are going to be movable because their value is increasing right now...ie Zach

Thats what im tryin to say....

Whether the trade makes any sense for the other team or not,David Stern will MAKE the moves happen to free up the cap space

If I would have to guess..

Zach gets dealt by the trade deadline or in the off season...

Same with Lee/Curry in a package.

I could see Jamal remaining throughout his contract.

Wilson is a keeper, and As of right now, I'd say Nate is too.

Ok so I am just wondering about a question that I guess only Lebron would know....

If he DOES win a Chip with the Cavs in the next two years I can easily see him dippin out to a bigger marker like NYC to get the ultimate spotlight, etc. etc.

BUT

let's say he DOESN'T win a Chip in the next two years? why would he go to NYC and practically start from scratch when CLE will still be offering a maxdeal and be CLOSER to winning a championship. or maybe I'm thinking wrong. does Lebron make any team a title contender at that point no matter what team hegoes to?

Idk about Wilson man. He plays the same position as LeBron and if we did get LeBron then that would hurt his development. I say move Wilson afterwe pick up LeBron so we can add some players around him.

I do see Jamal opting out and going for a better contract. Dude is going to be an all-star this year.

Z-bo will be moved either this off-season or by the trade deadline. I expect Lee to go with him.

If we did move Lee, I would say we could packege him with Curry, but a sign and trade kinda deal.

If we have to move Nate, I'd do it to clear up cap space.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Ok so I am just wondering about a question that I guess only Lebron would know....

If he DOES win a Chip with the Cavs in the next two years I can easily see him dippin out to a bigger marker like NYC to get the ultimate spotlight, etc. etc.

BUT

let's say he DOESN'T win a Chip in the next two years? why would he go to NYC and practically start from scratch when CLE will still be offering a max deal and be CLOSER to winning a championship. or maybe I'm thinking wrong. does Lebron make any team a title contender at that point no matter what team he goes to?

Well, the Knicks have the personal to put a great team around him. LeBron knows as does everyone else that he would be a beast in D'Antoni's system. Hehas a lot of respect for Donnie Walsh (Knicks GM), and knows that Donnie is a seasonsed Vet and knows what he is doing, and will put forth the effort inbuilding a great team around him. Look what he did when he had Reggie Miller back in Indiana.

During the Summer Olympics, LeBron built a great relationship with D'Antoni and saw for himself how well he can play if he played in his system.

Mez 0ne wrote:
So your basing that on your one friend who's a Knicks fan, great job analyzing an overall fan base.

- no, you're reading too much into what i wrote.
- the story about my freind was just an example of the most ridiculous stuff ive heard Knick fans say. and i didnt even bring up their undying love for'Starbury'. only now with the buyout situation have i heard on Knick fan call this dude out for being the bum he was....and actually admit the onlyreason they defended him for so long was because he was from NY, that in itself is sickening. if dude is trash call him trash......but oh no....he's fromNY
roll.gif
clowns
smh.gif

- Knick fans ARE as bad as Kobe fans from what ive seen here on NT.
Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

nycknicks105 wrote:
Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

nycknicks105 wrote:
^^why don't you like the Knicks?
I'm not from NY, so what's to like about them? I never said I hated them. I just said I didn't like them.

edit: and Ska, I hope you continue the trend of locking Lebron vs Kobe threads... they are basically becoming a cancer on this board, ala Kobe vs MJ.
IDK, but for some reason every person I've met that doesn't like the Knicks either hated them for no reason, or liked them.

Especially here on NT...People hate them just because...

- NO. people hate the knicks because Knick fans are as obnoxious as the folks that live in NYC about the Knicks. Knick fans are as bad as Kobe fans.
- i have a NY friend (thats of course crazy about the Knicks), dude told me once he didnt like the Heat because they cheated. im like cheated?? how did they cheat? he replied "they stacked the deck, they started signing all those good older players, thats cheating". i was like
roll.gif
you cant be serious.....but he was. so i say "what about all those guys the Knicks picked up", "plus yall hometown favorite Starbury", "what about that"?? he didnt have an answer.....

- in short its not just "for no reason" NY folks and Knick fans need to get over themselves and understand once they lose the attitude, feelings will start to change towards them.

why must you generalize?? I was hoping the Knick fans in this community would change that thought.

- no. the Knick fans in this communtiy only confirmed my suspisions. have any of you actually stepped outside of being a Knick fan and looked at some of thecomments Knicks fans make on here?......AT ALL?
- i know im not the only one that gets a vibe from Knicks fans that somehow they arent supposed to be in a slump.....they arent supposed torebuild.....they're supposed to win EVERY YEAR. its similar to the Yankees and how Sportscenter damn near has a press conference whenever something isgoing on with the Yankees, oh and dont let them not make the Playoffs
smh.gif
. but hey, i guess its just me
wink.gif

Damn, can't wait for a Knicks colorway of his shoes. A Nets colorway would be nice as well.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Idk about Wilson man. He plays the same position as LeBron and if we did get LeBron then that would hurt his development. I say move Wilson after we pick up LeBron so we can add some players around him.

I do see Jamal opting out and going for a better contract. Dude is going to be an all-star this year.

Z-bo will be moved either this off-season or by the trade deadline. I expect Lee to go with him.

If we did move Lee, I would say we could packege him with Curry, but a sign and trade kinda deal.

If we have to move Nate, I'd do it to clear up cap space.
With all this moving, who would you expect to get back though? The Knicks gotta do too much shucking and jiving to me. The Knicks need a big man,and their bench isn't the strongest. No trade is guaranteed either; The Knicks players aren't THAT lucrative outside of Z-Bo, Lee, Chandler, sometimesCrawford, and possibly Nate.

Originally Posted by Sick Ik 23

Damn, can't wait for a Knicks colorway of his shoes. A Nets colorway would be nice as well.
or he could come to LA as the lakers let kobe walks
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
, that's probably not gonna happen but how unfair that would be to the L
roll.gif

Cavs can make some moves by 2010 and acquire Chris Bosh to keep LeBron from leaving. And yes they would be real close to championship caliber by then and itdoesn't make sense in him leaving unless the Knicks get real good by then too.

If the Knicks are a team that can get in the playoffs by this year or/and next year then I think LeBron will leave.
And as of right now..it's not out of the picture.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Bron is going to MIAMI.. him and wade are friends from the draft to the olympics... and with beasley. chalmers, and who wouldnt want to live in miami??

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What makes you think that Wade is going to stay in Miami? Chicago is gonna throw a boat load of money his way.
what makes you think that miami aint gonna be throwing a boat load of money to wade??? with marion, blount, wright, haslem, diawara, quinn.. alltheir contract end in next year...
and wade knows that miami is his team now ... with no other older leaders around with shaq and mourning gone... kinda like how people say lebron is gonna leaveand want to win a championship... wade already has his in miami... so i highly doubt he's gonna leave... they even raised a damn banner because he won aolympic gold
laugh.gif

nycknicks105 wrote:
^^that's what people about the lottery last year.

Stern isn't going to "rig" anything.
I think what a lot of folks fail to realize is...

Bron WANTS to move on to a BIGGER BRIGHTER STAGE! This has nothing to do with Stern. Stern will be very happy.

Bron going to NY makes them a contender no matter what. By that time the Celtic's window will be closing, Detroit's window could be closing dependingon what they do next off season. Everybody will have shot in the east in 2010 (IMO) but NY could be the best team depending on what they have around bron atthat time.

Bron going to NY is going to open even more doors for him to make money. He wants a billion...he can get it in NY more then he could get it in Cleavland oreven LA.

If LA is still doing big things in 2010 NY VS LA in the finals could be epic.

Dayyuuummmm
It must be a bad feeling to have your home grown hero shopping for houses elsewhere, knowing he is ready to bolt.
Bulls fans, lets hope DRose don't try this. Now we gonna have to deal with this dude putting up fiddy in the garden.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Dayyuuummmm
It must be a bad feeling to have your home grown hero shopping for houses elsewhere, knowing he is ready to bolt.
Bulls fans, lets hope DRose don't try this. Now we gonna have to deal with this dude putting up fiddy in the garden.
Chicago is entirely way too big of a market for any star player to leave.

Back
Top Bottom