Let's say you've lived this whole life never knowing there is a God...

Wait what? so i've went my whole life not subscribing to the most popular belief system in the world, and one guy of many who have before says he's real. Why would that person's reaction be different? who are you? what are you getting at?

so because there is "bad" in the world there is no God... smh. that's the main reasoning yall have for as to why there isn't a God... smh. the ONLY possible way EVERYBODY can believe there is a God is when natural disasters, diseases, catastrophes stop happening...? that makes NO SENSE. why believe in God at that point... you have no need to believe in God because you will be, essentially, living in heaven!

and to think that we just exist, that nothing created us is COMPLETELY illogical yet logic is what you guys use to "prove" that there is no God LMAO

continue your atheist appreciation/believer bashing thread my brothers.

so because there is "bad" in the world there is no God... smh. that's the main reasoning yall have for as to why there isn't a God... smh. the ONLY possible way EVERYBODY can believe there is a God is when natural disasters, diseases, catastrophes stop happening...? that makes NO SENSE. why believe in God at that point... you have no need to believe in God because you will be, essentially, living in heaven!

and to think that we just exist, that nothing created us is COMPLETELY illogical yet logic is what you guys use to "prove" that there is no God LMAO

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

I don't think anyone is saying NOTHING created us, I think people are saying NOBODY created us. Do you still think that is illogical and if so how so?

I don't think anyone is saying NOTHING created us, I think people are saying NOBODY created us. Do you still think that is illogical and if so how so?

Then who or what created the creator oh logical one? Or is it logical to say, every creator has always existed? Are creators exempt from the laws of creation?

There are a plethora of reasons as to why people deny the existence of a diety or at the least reserve judgement for evidence post-mortem. You sentence/point about heaven made no sense. You may need to re-word it.

My denial of God based on all the human suffering he allows to happen is based on defiance and a "God" that contradicts him/her/itself constantly.     

Then who or what created the creator oh logical one? Or is it logical to say, every creator has always existed? Are creators exempt from the laws of creation?

There are a plethora of reasons as to why people deny the existence of a diety or at the least reserve judgement for evidence post-mortem. You sentence/point about heaven made no sense. You may need to re-word it.

My denial of God based on all the human suffering he allows to happen is based on defiance and a "God" that contradicts him/her/itself constantly.     

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I think that people who don't believe in god picture the guy as a humanoid, brain and all. That's why they can't wrap their head around the concept of a supreme being. It's illogical to think that a human figure was just running around creating things.

There was some thought put in somewhere around here though. The sun doesn't broil us. Asteroids float by us. We don't dissolve in water. We have imaginations that cater to our desires. Just little things like that make me believe. Science can explain what but it can't tell me why it came to this.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I think that people who don't believe in god picture the guy as a humanoid, brain and all. That's why they can't wrap their head around the concept of a supreme being. It's illogical to think that a human figure was just running around creating things.

There was some thought put in somewhere around here though. The sun doesn't broil us. Asteroids float by us. We don't dissolve in water. We have imaginations that cater to our desires. Just little things like that make me believe. Science can explain what but it can't tell me why it came to this.

DCAllAmerican i think op or somebody else in this thread definitely said what if we just exist... Now in response to your comment
clearly noBODY created us because that implies God is a BODY, as in, human. I can't correctly characterize God how I understand Him because our mind can't comprehend what I imagine He is... a POWER that exists.

your next statement is, by following my argument, who created God? Hence why I said I can't correctly characterize God, I'll try by saying that He is a higher power; as vague as that sounds(reads). People who don't believe take the stories about GOD (Jesus doesn't necessarily fit into this argument because He is just an extension of sorts of God) that are in the Bible LITERALLY... That He (in human form) came down and breathed within us the breath of life when I think that is just an analogy that our human minds can grasp about creation.

In summation, I'm not REALLY BIG on religion but I have mine and I DO believe in a higher power because THAT is logical in my eyes... Plus I have an experience that literally forces me to believe in God lol

EDIT:cheers PH3N0M3N0N you're on my same wavelength. And that Anton guy I'm not even going to dignify with a (direct) response because every argument I have as to why I believe can't be "proven" so it holds no weight. Yeah, EVERYTHING can be seen, heard, felt in this world guy lol. simple minded %@+ n

DCAllAmerican i think op or somebody else in this thread definitely said what if we just exist... Now in response to your comment
clearly noBODY created us because that implies God is a BODY, as in, human. I can't correctly characterize God how I understand Him because our mind can't comprehend what I imagine He is... a POWER that exists.

your next statement is, by following my argument, who created God? Hence why I said I can't correctly characterize God, I'll try by saying that He is a higher power; as vague as that sounds(reads). People who don't believe take the stories about GOD (Jesus doesn't necessarily fit into this argument because He is just an extension of sorts of God) that are in the Bible LITERALLY... That He (in human form) came down and breathed within us the breath of life when I think that is just an analogy that our human minds can grasp about creation.

In summation, I'm not REALLY BIG on religion but I have mine and I DO believe in a higher power because THAT is logical in my eyes... Plus I have an experience that literally forces me to believe in God lol

EDIT:cheers PH3N0M3N0N you're on my same wavelength. And that Anton guy I'm not even going to dignify with a (direct) response because every argument I have as to why I believe can't be "proven" so it holds no weight. Yeah, EVERYTHING can be seen, heard, felt in this world guy lol. simple minded %@+ n

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

/
sure. If energy is neither created nor destroyed then where did it come from? was it always there? huh? huh? huh?

/
sure. If energy is neither created nor destroyed then where did it come from? was it always there? huh? huh? huh?

Originally Posted by DRJordanFreak88

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I think the problem lies in peoples seperation from god. People speak of gos as if its an outside force and good is just good. God is everything there is nothing its existence does not permeate.

not only that. why do people continue to associate things and experiences in immature terms ie good and bad. realize that things such as good or bad are only descriptives of subjective experiences..and the terms are both relative to eachother on a continuum..couldnt be any other way..just like hot & cold, you have to perceive one to know the other..so the idea of god being all good is a logical fallacy. 
Does yin & yang mean anything to you all? 

Seriously..anyone who tries to argue on religious topics shouldn't limit themselves to one religious perspective. Philosophical questions like this are always gonna be a moot point because the someone like the op's understanding of god and religion is incomplete. One's understanding and relationship with god & religion are subjective to each individual..let's respect that much. Now that i think about it..the question op is posing is half baked. i'll expound on this later. 

i agree. people act like no good can come from a bad experience

I think the problem lies in peoples seperation from god. People speak of gos as if its an outside force and good is just good. God is everything there is nothing its existence does not permeate.

not only that. why do people continue to associate things and experiences in immature terms ie good and bad. realize that things such as good or bad are only descriptives of subjective experiences..and the terms are both relative to eachother on a continuum..couldnt be any other way..just like hot & cold, you have to perceive one to know the other..so the idea of god being all good is a logical fallacy. 

Seriously..anyone who tries to argue on religious topics shouldn't limit themselves to one religious perspective. Philosophical questions like this are always gonna be a moot point because the someone like the op's understanding of god and religion is incomplete. One's understanding and relationship with god & religion are subjective to each individual..let's respect that much. Now that i think about it..the question op is posing is half baked. i'll expound on this later. 

i agree. people act like no good can come from a bad experience

EDIT: cheers PH3N0M3N0N you're on my same wavelength. And that Anton guy I'm not even going to dignify with a (direct) response because every argument I have as to why I believe can't be "proven" so it holds no weight. Yeah, EVERYTHING can be seen, heard, felt in this world guy lol. simple minded %@+ n

You said it yourself.

I contemplate the mysteries of the universe as much as the next man. I'm a strict agnostic, I have my multiple theories on the origins of the universe and the purpose of man but I'm not going to label anything as fact. You're clearly not intelligent enough to realize that.

And get off your high horse, when people create "God is good and all-powerful threads" that's their opinion...I don't see it as them bashing my non-religious beliefs. You gave your "logical" reasons as to why a Higher-being exists. I gave my own arguments as to why I reserve judgement. Stop whining.  

EDIT: cheers PH3N0M3N0N you're on my same wavelength. And that Anton guy I'm not even going to dignify with a (direct) response because every argument I have as to why I believe can't be "proven" so it holds no weight. Yeah, EVERYTHING can be seen, heard, felt in this world guy lol. simple minded %@+ n

You said it yourself.

I contemplate the mysteries of the universe as much as the next man. I'm a strict agnostic, I have my multiple theories on the origins of the universe and the purpose of man but I'm not going to label anything as fact. You're clearly not intelligent enough to realize that.

And get off your high horse, when people create "God is good and all-powerful threads" that's their opinion...I don't see it as them bashing my non-religious beliefs. You gave your "logical" reasons as to why a Higher-being exists. I gave my own arguments as to why I reserve judgement. Stop whining.  

so because there is "bad" in the world there is no God... smh. that's the main reasoning yall have for as to why there isn't a God...

No, those are my points as to why god is a prick.  Those don't point to a lack of a god, those point at how moronic it is to praise someone or something so hateful.  Those are my examples of why even if there was a god, and there isn't, that I wouldn't hold him in any esteem.  If he has control over almost everything, he is a prick.  He is the worst.  He is the biggest murderer and wrong-doer ever.  If there was a god, I don't understand how anyone could have anything but utter contempt for his abuses and demolition of his 'children.' People don't need to believe in a god to be abused day in and day out. 

to the guy saying "Oh but these travesties aren't such to someone who doesn't walk amongst us" or whatever nonsense: who cares?  Why should we rationalize the terror that someone inflicts on us?

so because there is "bad" in the world there is no God... smh. that's the main reasoning yall have for as to why there isn't a God...

No, those are my points as to why god is a prick.  Those don't point to a lack of a god, those point at how moronic it is to praise someone or something so hateful.  Those are my examples of why even if there was a god, and there isn't, that I wouldn't hold him in any esteem.  If he has control over almost everything, he is a prick.  He is the worst.  He is the biggest murderer and wrong-doer ever.  If there was a god, I don't understand how anyone could have anything but utter contempt for his abuses and demolition of his 'children.' People don't need to believe in a god to be abused day in and day out. 

to the guy saying "Oh but these travesties aren't such to someone who doesn't walk amongst us" or whatever nonsense: who cares?  Why should we rationalize the terror that someone inflicts on us?

You said it yourself.

And get off your high horse, when people create "God is good and all-powerful threads" that's their opinion...I don't see it as them bashing my non-religious beliefs. You gave your "logical" reasons as to why God exists. I gave my own reasons as to why I reserve judgement. Stop whining.

i said i wouldn't but oh well.

1) i guess you didn't comprehend why i put proven in quotation marks.
2) i NEVER labeled anything i said as fact, just belief due to my understanding of logic/God.
3) and you're really gonna sit there and act like this isn't a religion bashing thread in a thin disguise... ok.

i respect your beliefs though i don't agree with them but i think you are very simpleminded. a back and forth with you is what you want but it will go nowhere... as i ride on my high horse into the sunset (back into my office lol)

and lobotomybeats it seems as though you have a lot of hate in your heart that you place on God because He's the easiest scapegoat. Your emotions are clouding your whole entire life homey. you got the wrong perspective on life as a whole from what i can tell

You said it yourself.

And get off your high horse, when people create "God is good and all-powerful threads" that's their opinion...I don't see it as them bashing my non-religious beliefs. You gave your "logical" reasons as to why God exists. I gave my own reasons as to why I reserve judgement. Stop whining.

i said i wouldn't but oh well.

1) i guess you didn't comprehend why i put proven in quotation marks.
2) i NEVER labeled anything i said as fact, just belief due to my understanding of logic/God.
3) and you're really gonna sit there and act like this isn't a religion bashing thread in a thin disguise... ok.

i respect your beliefs though i don't agree with them but i think you are very simpleminded. a back and forth with you is what you want but it will go nowhere... as i ride on my high horse into the sunset (back into my office lol)

and lobotomybeats it seems as though you have a lot of hate in your heart that you place on God because He's the easiest scapegoat. Your emotions are clouding your whole entire life homey. you got the wrong perspective on life as a whole from what i can tell

There you go....The Bible says that God is all-good, not me. It's not my fault that the Bible chooses to describe God in this way.

There you go....The Bible says that God is all-good, not me. It's not my fault that the Bible chooses to describe God in this way.

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

God isn't here to be a police. Just take the example of your parents. They can nurture, raise you respectably (sp) and give you everything in life to succeed..This however, does not stop you from exerting your free will as an adult to murder, rape, kill, embezzle, curse, do drugs, cheat on countless women, and lie as you see fit. ANd in the event that this happens, your parents dont come around and correct your step EVERY time you commit one of those sins do they? God is letting things take a natural course, its up to you to be on the right side when he finally DOES decide to intervene..

I never said God was here to police. But being God is all-powerful all-knowing, meaning he can STOP or PREVENT all bad/evil things from happening, but he CHOOSES NOT TO and LETS them happen to innocent people, means that God cannot possibly be all-good.

My parent's don't stop me because they don't have the ability to do so, God does.

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

God isn't here to be a police. Just take the example of your parents. They can nurture, raise you respectably (sp) and give you everything in life to succeed..This however, does not stop you from exerting your free will as an adult to murder, rape, kill, embezzle, curse, do drugs, cheat on countless women, and lie as you see fit. ANd in the event that this happens, your parents dont come around and correct your step EVERY time you commit one of those sins do they? God is letting things take a natural course, its up to you to be on the right side when he finally DOES decide to intervene..

I never said God was here to police. But being God is all-powerful all-knowing, meaning he can STOP or PREVENT all bad/evil things from happening, but he CHOOSES NOT TO and LETS them happen to innocent people, means that God cannot possibly be all-good.

My parent's don't stop me because they don't have the ability to do so, God does.

Back
Top Bottom