Let's say you've lived this whole life never knowing there is a God...

My issue with talking to HUMANS about God is that we are speaking of something our brains cannot comprehend. We give God humanistic ego in values in religion= jealousy, revenge,love etc. These are emotions and how does the great architect of everything seen and unseen have emotion? Why would God create you and only promise ever lasting only life if your down on bended knee? The complexity of our reality and things outside of it are not accidental. Think of God as the ultimate form of creation and consciousness. In creation everything is made rather it be "good or "bad". Religion is a man made construct of spiritual slavery.......... PERIOD!

My issue with talking to HUMANS about God is that we are speaking of something our brains cannot comprehend. We give God humanistic ego in values in religion= jealousy, revenge,love etc. These are emotions and how does the great architect of everything seen and unseen have emotion? Why would God create you and only promise ever lasting only life if your down on bended knee? The complexity of our reality and things outside of it are not accidental. Think of God as the ultimate form of creation and consciousness. In creation everything is made rather it be "good or "bad". Religion is a man made construct of spiritual slavery.......... PERIOD!

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

DCAllAmerican i think op or somebody else in this thread definitely said what if we just exist... Now in response to your comment
clearly noBODY created us because that implies God is a BODY, as in, human. I can't correctly characterize God how I understand Him because our mind can't comprehend what I imagine He is... a POWER that exists.

your next statement is, by following my argument, who created God? Hence why I said I can't correctly characterize God, I'll try by saying that He is a higher power; as vague as that sounds(reads). People who don't believe take the stories about GOD (Jesus doesn't necessarily fit into this argument because He is just an extension of sorts of God) that are in the Bible LITERALLY... That He (in human form) came down and breathed within us the breath of life when I think that is just an analogy that our human minds can grasp about creation.

In summation, I'm not REALLY BIG on religion but I have mine and I DO believe in a higher power because THAT is logical in my eyes... Plus I have an experience that literally forces me to believe in God lol

EDIT: cheers PH3N0M3N0N you're on my same wavelength. And that Anton guy I'm not even going to dignify with a (direct) response because every argument I have as to why I believe can't be "proven" so it holds no weight. Yeah, EVERYTHING can be seen, heard, felt in this world guy lol. simple minded %@+ n

You said it yourself.

I contemplate the mysteries of the universe as much as the next man. I'm a strict agnostic, I have my multiple theories on the origins of the universe and the purpose of man but I'm not going to label anything as fact. You're clearly not intelligent enough to realize that.

And get off your high horse, when people create "God is good and all-powerful threads" that's their opinion...I don't see it as them bashing my non-religious beliefs. You gave your "logical" reasons as to why God exists. I gave my own reasons as to why I reserve judgement. Stop whining.

and lobotomybeats it seems as though you have a lot of hate in your heart that you place on God because He's the easiest scapegoat. Your emotions are clouding your whole entire life homey. you got the wrong perspective on life as a whole from what i can tell

No hatred in this heart.  I am confused as to why anyone would be pleased with a god that is doing such a terrible job.  I don't believe in god and I am glad I don't.  I just don't get why someone would instill faith in something that shows it's ++# all the time?

DCAllAmerican i think op or somebody else in this thread definitely said what if we just exist... Now in response to your comment
clearly noBODY created us because that implies God is a BODY, as in, human. I can't correctly characterize God how I understand Him because our mind can't comprehend what I imagine He is... a POWER that exists.

your next statement is, by following my argument, who created God? Hence why I said I can't correctly characterize God, I'll try by saying that He is a higher power; as vague as that sounds(reads). People who don't believe take the stories about GOD (Jesus doesn't necessarily fit into this argument because He is just an extension of sorts of God) that are in the Bible LITERALLY... That He (in human form) came down and breathed within us the breath of life when I think that is just an analogy that our human minds can grasp about creation.

In summation, I'm not REALLY BIG on religion but I have mine and I DO believe in a higher power because THAT is logical in my eyes... Plus I have an experience that literally forces me to believe in God lol

EDIT: cheers PH3N0M3N0N you're on my same wavelength. And that Anton guy I'm not even going to dignify with a (direct) response because every argument I have as to why I believe can't be "proven" so it holds no weight. Yeah, EVERYTHING can be seen, heard, felt in this world guy lol. simple minded %@+ n

You said it yourself.

I contemplate the mysteries of the universe as much as the next man. I'm a strict agnostic, I have my multiple theories on the origins of the universe and the purpose of man but I'm not going to label anything as fact. You're clearly not intelligent enough to realize that.

And get off your high horse, when people create "God is good and all-powerful threads" that's their opinion...I don't see it as them bashing my non-religious beliefs. You gave your "logical" reasons as to why God exists. I gave my own reasons as to why I reserve judgement. Stop whining.

and lobotomybeats it seems as though you have a lot of hate in your heart that you place on God because He's the easiest scapegoat. Your emotions are clouding your whole entire life homey. you got the wrong perspective on life as a whole from what i can tell

No hatred in this heart.  I am confused as to why anyone would be pleased with a god that is doing such a terrible job.  I don't believe in god and I am glad I don't.  I just don't get why someone would instill faith in something that shows it's ++# all the time?

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

you're speaking of God as if He is a human being... That's the biggest misconception of God. Why are you trying to understand why God does what He does when you aren't even NEAR His realm of thinking... You're a simple human being trying to understand God from your perspective. WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY HE DOES WHAT HE DOES BECAUSE WE ARE HUMANS! Everything isn't always black and white like you make it out to be... but I don't expect you to understand anything I'm typing, i expect you to disregard it

You don't even understand what you're typing. You argue for logic, but then you completely throw it out the window.

You said yourself that you can't/don't know what God is about, but then you believe in God unequivocally. Where is the logic in that?

Yep this is the exact point I made in the previous page that he won't acknowledge because deep down he knows I'm right. He makes contradicting "logical" arguments. Him and other theists should just say they have blind faith and keep it moving. You can't pull the logic card and conveniently abandon it when it serves your agenda.

Pusha C is not very smart. 

you're speaking of God as if He is a human being... That's the biggest misconception of God. Why are you trying to understand why God does what He does when you aren't even NEAR His realm of thinking... You're a simple human being trying to understand God from your perspective. WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY HE DOES WHAT HE DOES BECAUSE WE ARE HUMANS! Everything isn't always black and white like you make it out to be... but I don't expect you to understand anything I'm typing, i expect you to disregard it

You don't even understand what you're typing. You argue for logic, but then you completely throw it out the window.

You said yourself that you can't/don't know what God is about, but then you believe in God unequivocally. Where is the logic in that?

Yep this is the exact point I made in the previous page that he won't acknowledge because deep down he knows I'm right. He makes contradicting "logical" arguments. Him and other theists should just say they have blind faith and keep it moving. You can't pull the logic card and conveniently abandon it when it serves your agenda.

Pusha C is not very smart. 

and with that i also said

Originally Posted by pusha c

Everything isn't always black and white like you make it out to be

Which means (i think/believe) EVERYTHING can't be explained by logic but you disregard that because I was trying to explain something else which one could comprehend using logic. you don't believe there is anything you can't see/define and I'm just trying to get you to understand why I believe what I do.

and I fully understand every point I make young

and with that i also said

Originally Posted by pusha c

Everything isn't always black and white like you make it out to be

Which means (i think/believe) EVERYTHING can't be explained by logic but you disregard that because I was trying to explain something else which one could comprehend using logic. you don't believe there is anything you can't see/define and I'm just trying to get you to understand why I believe what I do.

and I fully understand every point I make young

I completely agree with the underlined sentence. However, you are still attempting to characterize God and the unknown when you yourself have said that our brains cannot comprehend it. All people are doing in this thread and when it comes to religion in general is making guesses and saying what they "think" is going on.

You're still trying to characterize that which you or I do not fully understand. The rest of what you said is pretty on point tho. Religion is mental and spiritual slavery.

I completely agree with the underlined sentence. However, you are still attempting to characterize God and the unknown when you yourself have said that our brains cannot comprehend it. All people are doing in this thread and when it comes to religion in general is making guesses and saying what they "think" is going on.

You're still trying to characterize that which you or I do not fully understand. The rest of what you said is pretty on point tho. Religion is mental and spiritual slavery.

Stop arguing with the religious ppl. They've already admitted they're not discussing logic but what they believe that has nothing supporting the truth of it. All they have is faith which is just a feeling of assurance not certainty.

Stop arguing with the religious ppl. They've already admitted they're not discussing logic but what they believe that has nothing supporting the truth of it. All they have is faith which is just a feeling of assurance not certainty.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Well there are certain believers in this thread who have attempted to work the logic angle. No one in this thread has overtly expressed having blind faith,

Well there are certain believers in this thread who have attempted to work the logic angle. No one in this thread has overtly expressed having blind faith,

Well there are certain believers in this thread who have attempted to work the logic angle in this thread. No one in this thread has overtly expressed having blind faith,
Futile efforts. Trying to build a foundation from sand.

Well there are certain believers in this thread who have attempted to work the logic angle in this thread. No one in this thread has overtly expressed having blind faith,
Futile efforts. Trying to build a foundation from sand.

Damn this thread turned ugly in the middle there. Would have thought Bill Mahr was here trying to force people to be atheist.

I agree with WisePharoah, Although i don't think it is really spiritual slavory but i do feel it's more mental slavory. People are blind to certain things due to their devout belief in religion.

I always thought the religious argument boils down to how humans got here/ earth came to be. Big bang vs. God. But if the whole priest fondling little boys thing doesn't bring the church down i guess nothing will. Always makes me wonder if those priests are all working together and know religion is a joke.

Damn this thread turned ugly in the middle there. Would have thought Bill Mahr was here trying to force people to be atheist.

I agree with WisePharoah, Although i don't think it is really spiritual slavory but i do feel it's more mental slavory. People are blind to certain things due to their devout belief in religion.

I always thought the religious argument boils down to how humans got here/ earth came to be. Big bang vs. God. But if the whole priest fondling little boys thing doesn't bring the church down i guess nothing will. Always makes me wonder if those priests are all working together and know religion is a joke.

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Just let that sink in a little. A life in which you never knew a higher being existed....

You've seen horrific,and atrocious things like war, genocide, murder, rape, e.g., Holocaust, 9/11, Katrina.

And today, I tell you that there is a God and that he is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good...would you believe me?
And who are we as lower beings to say what's good or bad? Do you mean all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-beneficial?
laugh.gif

Good/Bad are perspectives on situations not concrete states of being.
 Show me a god  that doesn't see these things as being bad and I will show you every reason you should have hoped that there wasn't a god.  If god were to show his/her face, the hardest thing for believers would be dealing with the fact that they have essentially worshiped a complete a-hole.

Haiti_Earthquake.jpg

I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

good and bad are words we use to associate our thoughts/feelings on a situation.

A higher power has nothing to do with those words. We made those for ourselves to gauge events on and around this Earth.

Those events aren't beneficial to humans in any way. (I said before god is not all beneficial. That's what I assume people mean by good)

But explain to me why those incidents or situations would be 'bad' to a 'God' or higher power? Most of them are the result of human intervention somewhere along the line.
But isn't god supposed to be 'good?'

How are earthquakes and hurricanes direct results of human intervention?  And if god understands the destruction that these things cause, why doesn't he stop them from killing so many of his 'good' people? 
If your city is built around an area where natural disasters occur then it's almost safe to say you can get it. Shorelines, Faultlines, areas where fronts collide often. Your choice to live there, not the higher powers.
But god created everything, so he created those shorelines, fault lines and areas where fronts collide, right? And if we put faith and trust in our almighty god, we should have no worries living on the land he created...

Edit: You also say it is your own choice to live in those areas. Really?

What about 3rd world countries? Do you really think they have a choice on living there or somewhere safer? What about their children? Do they also have a choice?
yep.

nope.

yep.

what about them? were they always 3rd world? They weren't right? Why bring that up? It's always possible to leave your current situation. May not always be probable or the best thing but if you say it's not possible then you just ain't about it.

Edit: Gotdamn Yuku.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Just let that sink in a little. A life in which you never knew a higher being existed....

You've seen horrific,and atrocious things like war, genocide, murder, rape, e.g., Holocaust, 9/11, Katrina.

And today, I tell you that there is a God and that he is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good...would you believe me?
And who are we as lower beings to say what's good or bad? Do you mean all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-beneficial?
laugh.gif

Good/Bad are perspectives on situations not concrete states of being.
 Show me a god  that doesn't see these things as being bad and I will show you every reason you should have hoped that there wasn't a god.  If god were to show his/her face, the hardest thing for believers would be dealing with the fact that they have essentially worshiped a complete a-hole.

Haiti_Earthquake.jpg

I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

good and bad are words we use to associate our thoughts/feelings on a situation.

A higher power has nothing to do with those words. We made those for ourselves to gauge events on and around this Earth.

Those events aren't beneficial to humans in any way. (I said before god is not all beneficial. That's what I assume people mean by good)

But explain to me why those incidents or situations would be 'bad' to a 'God' or higher power? Most of them are the result of human intervention somewhere along the line.
But isn't god supposed to be 'good?'

How are earthquakes and hurricanes direct results of human intervention?  And if god understands the destruction that these things cause, why doesn't he stop them from killing so many of his 'good' people? 
If your city is built around an area where natural disasters occur then it's almost safe to say you can get it. Shorelines, Faultlines, areas where fronts collide often. Your choice to live there, not the higher powers.
But god created everything, so he created those shorelines, fault lines and areas where fronts collide, right? And if we put faith and trust in our almighty god, we should have no worries living on the land he created...

Edit: You also say it is your own choice to live in those areas. Really?

What about 3rd world countries? Do you really think they have a choice on living there or somewhere safer? What about their children? Do they also have a choice?
yep.

nope.

yep.

what about them? were they always 3rd world? They weren't right? Why bring that up? It's always possible to leave your current situation. May not always be probable or the best thing but if you say it's not possible then you just ain't about it.

Edit: Gotdamn Yuku.
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom