Let's say you've lived this whole life never knowing there is a God...

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Anton I'm sorry but I'm pretty confident that god is everything. How can it not be?

You don't even know what God is bro you said it yourself. Just say you have faith in God and you don't need to have a logical reason for it. That's cool with me.

Statements like "how can it not be" imply absoluteness of truth and knowledge. I know it's hard to believe that we are here by accident, but to me a meaningless, accidental existence is just as plausible as some outside force that is the reason for our existence. I don't know what the meaning of life and God is, nobody does. Part of the human experience is contemplating it.

Anton I'm sorry but I'm pretty confident that god is everything. How can it not be?

You don't even know what God is bro you said it yourself. Just say you have faith in God and you don't need to have a logical reason for it. That's cool with me.

Statements like "how can it not be" imply absoluteness of truth and knowledge. I know it's hard to believe that we are here by accident, but to me a meaningless, accidental existence is just as plausible as some outside force that is the reason for our existence. I don't know what the meaning of life and God is, nobody does. Part of the human experience is contemplating it.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

religion and the notion of a god is the biggest scam in the history of mankind
I feel that there is no concrete answer to this argument. It is something that will not be "fact" until you die. Statements such as yours are just as blind as devout followers.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

religion and the notion of a god is the biggest scam in the history of mankind
I feel that there is no concrete answer to this argument. It is something that will not be "fact" until you die. Statements such as yours are just as blind as devout followers.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Well said. It kills me when people say, "How can you look at the sun, moon, and stars and oceans and say that God didn't create all of this." Uh.........easily.
laugh.gif
. Just because something is serene and beautiful doesn't PROVE that God or some greater being created it.

But people will believe what they believe. None of us know. It is fun speculating though.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Well said. It kills me when people say, "How can you look at the sun, moon, and stars and oceans and say that God didn't create all of this." Uh.........easily.
laugh.gif
. Just because something is serene and beautiful doesn't PROVE that God or some greater being created it.

But people will believe what they believe. None of us know. It is fun speculating though.

why do people make topics like this? your not gonna change anyone's opinion with something like this...if you don't believe in it then continue doing you and let everyone else do them....are you just in the mood for arguing or something?

why do people make topics like this? your not gonna change anyone's opinion with something like this...if you don't believe in it then continue doing you and let everyone else do them....are you just in the mood for arguing or something?

existence as we know it is a self learning, self organizing, infinite repeating loop hole, beyond that no one knows what is out there which many believe that there is some creator, including  many of the famous physicist you know, WATCH SCIENCE CHANNEL TONIGHT THERES A SHOW DISCUSSING THIS TOPIC TONIGHT ON THROUGH THE WORMHOLE, its not about the god we think of

existence as we know it is a self learning, self organizing, infinite repeating loop hole, beyond that no one knows what is out there which many believe that there is some creator, including  many of the famous physicist you know, WATCH SCIENCE CHANNEL TONIGHT THERES A SHOW DISCUSSING THIS TOPIC TONIGHT ON THROUGH THE WORMHOLE, its not about the god we think of

DCAllAmerican wrote:

laugh.gif

Proceed...

DCAllAmerican wrote:

laugh.gif

Proceed...

Fun Fact!

Did you guys know the rainbow is a promise from God?
After he flooded the Earth, he promised himself and us that we will NEVER destroy the Earth/End Earth
with a flood. As a promise, he created a rainbow for it to be a reminder to us and him about his promise.

smile.gif

How Great is Our God.

Fun Fact!

Did you guys know the rainbow is a promise from God?
After he flooded the Earth, he promised himself and us that we will NEVER destroy the Earth/End Earth
with a flood. As a promise, he created a rainbow for it to be a reminder to us and him about his promise.

smile.gif

How Great is Our God.

Let me just say this, I believe SOMETHING created all of this. Everything is fined tuned and runs like a system. SO I believe it was all thought out. Whether it was someONE or someTHING, I don't know. NOr do I think that just because everything is a well-oiled machine that works in perfect harmony means that GOD (or a GOD) created it all.

CLiff Notes
There is a creator (noun)
Not sure if that is man, object, spirit
Not even sure if I really care since I will never find out.

I will just enjoy this while I am here.

Let me just say this, I believe SOMETHING created all of this. Everything is fined tuned and runs like a system. SO I believe it was all thought out. Whether it was someONE or someTHING, I don't know. NOr do I think that just because everything is a well-oiled machine that works in perfect harmony means that GOD (or a GOD) created it all.

CLiff Notes
There is a creator (noun)
Not sure if that is man, object, spirit
Not even sure if I really care since I will never find out.

I will just enjoy this while I am here.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

I like debating and arguing if it gets to that point.

I'm not forcing anything down anyone's throat with this thread. If you are a proponent of logic and reason, then this should be a great thread.

If your beliefs interfere or contradict with logic and reason, that's not my problem.

Back
Top Bottom