LETS TALK ABOUT THE DESEAN JACKSON SITUATION

This has to be one of the most ridiculous threads I've seen on Niketalk. Even if the quotes were not from Hitler, quoting anything from one of the most abhorrent and evil men that has ever walked across the face of this Earth is the epitome of stupid, ignorance and anti semitic.

How is quoting and posting what he wrote not anti semitic at all? Those are all anti semitic tropes. "They will extort America". Yeah.....that's sure going to go over well.

Let's not compare sufferings either. Of course black people in this country and across the world have been suffering because of systemic racism, overt racism and being extorted for their natural resources if you want to bring Africa exploitation into the conversation. But don't down play the suffering others have had to justify how another groups suffering isn't as bad.

This debate ended when he quoted Hitler even if it is fake. Wrong is wrong and in this case, what Desean posted was wrong.

I'm not Jewish nor am I white nor conservative nor a Republican. But I know whats right from wrong and anti-semitic tropes are wrong and he should absolutely apologize for it.

Also, don't confuse the the religion of Judaism with Zionism which where I bet this conversation will go later in threads. There is a distinction between the two.

Just my 2 cents
pulled out a spare sn for this post huh???
whats anti semitic???
give us ur definition
and remember
black are the original jews
so again
whats YOUR definition

Has the JDL spoken on the George Floyd murder, riots, protests as of yet? Not that they are against such, but I am sure they need to be careful, in light of what is happening to Africans in Israel.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous threads I've seen on Niketalk.

I respectfully disagree. I think there is a lot to be learned from a discourse regarding the topic. For example, I do not know the difference between Judaism and Zionism, as mentioned later in your post.

I've noticed this from my interactions, any talk implying Jewish ppl had an advantage when it comes to money and business they take offense and see it as prejudice and discrimination.

What some may see as a "positive" stereotype I've seen Jewish ppl feel a way if you say they're good at business or have a leg up on making money or anything other than hard work leading to their success.

The same way black folk might react to "you people" or some slick fried chicken/watermelon statement. They do not rock with it at all.

IN MY EXPERIENCE (capitalized for emphasis) as a Black man, I have seen Black people, even some civil-rights leaders, labeled as anti-Semitic for simply uttering the word "Jew". I always found that strange, almost D Bo-esque.

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare thanks for making the thread, hopefully it lasts.

Mans posted a fake Hitler quote that is clearly anti-semitic as hell, of course he is gonna get backlash. That was some grade-A buffoonery.

Mans apology exposes the buffoonery too. You cited history's most infamous white supremacist in an attempt to unlift people, really :lol:

I respectfully disagree. I think there is a lot to be learned from a discourse regarding the topic. For example, I do not know the difference between Judaism and Zionism, as mentioned later in your post.

Zionism isn't a religion, it's a Jewish movement that wants a Jewish nation in what is now modern-day Israel. Zionist Jews and anti-Zionist Jews both exist.

I love history but im also not religious. idk why but i hate it when black people claim theyre the original jews.

pulled out a spare sn for this post huh???
whats anti semitic???
give us ur definition
and remember
black are the original jews
so again
whats YOUR definition

I have no idea what you're saying about the SN, this has been my SN since I came onto Niketalk back in 2005.
Also, I am not a keyboard warrior and not going to get into a debate where I know it will land me nowhere. You're entitled to your opinion. If reading what DeSean posted doesn't make you think that some parts of that were anti semitic and filled with anti semitic tropes then I'll let you continue to think however you feel. "They will extort, their plan for world domination......".

Just because there is something in that passage that refers to Black people as being the original Jews of Israel does not mean the rest of the passage isn't filled with anti semitic tropes. Because that one line resonates with you doesn't mean the rest of the passage isn't propaganda.

I stand against all hate, when George Floyd was lynched on the streets, I wrote this article based on facts for the folks who don't think there is a problem. So don't hit me with the where is your outrage as people of color are continuously oppressed in this country and the world

https://www.unbiasedopinions.net/post/i-cant-breathe

1594249778788.png

Mans posted a fake Hitler quote that is clearly anti-semitic as hell, of course he is gonna get backlash. That was some grade-A buffoonery.

Mans apology exposes the buffoonery too. You cited history's most infamous white supremacist in an attempt to unlift people, really :lol:
So why is he getting more backlash from the jewish community and the supporters of said community, than when Trump’s comments about jews were unearthed? There is a double standard.

So whats the big deal of being an OG jew?

is it only these cats get accepted into cloud heaven or something?

I have no idea what you're saying about the SN, this has been my SN since I came onto Niketalk back in 2005.
Also, I am not a keyboard warrior and not going to get into a debate where I know it will land me nowhere. You're entitled to your opinion. If reading what DeSean posted doesn't make you think that some parts of that were anti semitic and filled with anti semitic tropes then I'll let you continue to think however you feel. "They will extort, their plan for world domination......".

Just because there is something in that passage that refers to Black people as being the original Jews of Israel does not mean the rest of the passage isn't filled with anti semitic tropes. Because that one line resonates with you doesn't mean the rest of the passage isn't propaganda.

I stand against all hate, when George Floyd was lynched on the streets, I wrote this article based on facts for the folks who don't think there is a problem. So don't hit me with the where is your outrage as people of color are continuously oppressed in this country and the world

https://www.unbiasedopinions.net/post/i-cant-breathe

1594249778788.png
"Is asking to not be murdered or targeted by the institutions that were created to protect Americans too much to ask for?"

thats the first sentence in YOUR article
do u know what the institution of cops
was ACTUALLY created for????

"What about stats that show black people commit more crimes per capita, therefore they get shot by police more? Technically, that conclusion could be right based on stats. But there are variables you can't quantify into a stat. For example, racial biases. It's almost near impossible to quantify racial bias in a police shooting. This is not only the case for white officers but for black and Latino officers as well, who contribute to many of the police shootings of Black Americans."

this is in ur article too
whole paragraph is trash
talking about technically it could be right FOH

Ughhh I asked a legit question?

you know something I don’t, if so please fill me in...I did ask....

this is in ur article too
whole paragraph is trash
talking about technically it could be right FOH

I'm pretty sure he's criticizing people that bring up the fact that black people commit more crimes.

He ends the section with, "There are so many variables that contribute to the systemic racism that African Americans face. To simply say they commit more crimes, therefore they get shot more is a simplistic view that ignores a system designed to limit the upward mobility of African Americans."

So why is he getting more backlash from the jewish community and the supporters of said community, than when Trump’s comments about jews were unearthed? There is a double standard.
True, generally white people generally get less backlash for **** like this than black people.

But Trump and his family have gotten backlash with some members of the Jewish community. But the thing is the right wing ones let him completely slide because he supports Netanyahu racist regime, and it is just the left wing ones that shade him.

Someone like Jackson, there would be across the board criticism. From both good faith actors and bad faith actors.

Jackson actions where still stupid as ****, explicitly so, and deserving of backlash IMO. Like I said, it was some top shelf buffoonery. If you say well he is getting more backlash just because he is a black man doing this, I would generally agree, but it was still some foolishness that warranted criticism.

I'm pretty sure he's criticizing people that bring up the fact that black people commit more crimes.

He ends the section with, "There are so many variables that contribute to the systemic racism that African Americans face. To simply say they commit more crimes, therefore they get shot more is a simplistic view that ignores a system designed to limit the upward mobility of African Americans."
well i hope he explains it
because i took it another way
and u interpreted another
so now id appreciate him explaining

well i hope he explains it
because i took it another way
and u interpreted another
so now id appreciate him explaining

I think it's pretty clear. The way he words is it like "So you might bring up the stat that shows black people commit more crimes. Well if you took it at its face value, yes, you might come to that conclusion, but here's why it's misleading."

True, generally white people generally get less backlash for **** like this than black people.

But Trump and his family have gotten backlash with some members of the Jewish community. But the thing is the right wing ones let him completely slide because he supports Netanyahu racist regime, and it is just the left wing ones that shade him.

Someone like Jackson, there would be across the board criticism. From both good faith actors and bad faith actors.

Jackson actions where still stupid as ****, explicitly so, and deserving of backlash IMO. Like I said, it was some top shelf buffoonery. If you say well he is getting more backlash just because he is a black man doing this, I would generally agree, but it was still some foolishness that warranted criticism.
not to excuse anything
but his actions didnt have any malice
or ill intent behind them
which to me plays a part or can play a part
in how folks view what he said

Back
Top Bottom