LOUISVILLE, KY heads

Cover at 4th will be high all weekend. I actually live right across from the old willys, now dublins cellar. The bar next to it is flannigans. You probablycant go too wrong this weekend between baxter and 4th st, every place will be packed. Also look for all the random partys being thrown. My buddy just got thehookup to the Kim Kardashian party at the glassworks building. I will be making a move on her, watch out Reggie!

Preciate the love fam. Im keeping my eyes open though. Have you peeped the Wet Willie's yet? Im contemplating making Louisville my random city once a month for Willies alone. Gives me memories of South Beach! lol

Like everyone said, Wet Willie's on Baxter is now Dublin's Cellar. I guess they changed club formats to keep the riff-raff out...but do tryFlannigan's like they said. But I prefer O'sheas, which is close to Dublin's Cellar too. Even Molly Malone's across the street goes hard attimes. Just tell people you're Black Irish, LoL!

Anyways, here's what i've found so far for 'black' events. sorry, but I copy and pasted the info from another document, so the format may bepresented in a sloppy manner...

Fri. May 1st

Derby City Party With a Purpose
hosted by Tom Joyner and Amobi Okoye of the Houston Texans(formerly of UofL); w/ the Infamous DJ Spinderella from Salt-n-Pepa on the 1s & 2s hosted byMagic 101.3 at The Gillespie at 421 W. Market, 10p-until
Tickets are sold in advance only; available at Better Days West, Ear-Xtacy, Changing Image Barbershop
For more info, call 1-866-998-4203 or visit www.derbycitypwp.org

T-Money and Prestige Ent. presents the Official Derby Jump-Off
special celebrity guests will be in the building, featuring Hypeman Griffitti w. DJ Weedy on the 1s and 2s. Go online to prestige-ent.com and enter for achance to win your "Straight In" VIP pass. at Club 26 on 26th & Broadway, 10p-until
Tickets are available at Exclusive Wear, Treasures and Full Court Fashions

Rhythm Liqueur presents the Rhythm Nation Derby Gala 2009
party w/ Hollywood's biggest celebrities featuring live music by Talia Cole, Lee Car, and performances by the Zulu Crew. Prize giveaways w/ "Rock OutBoy" DJ Fluid and DJ E-Feezy on the 1s and 2s at Kye's 1 & 2 (in Jeffersonville, IN, next to 2nd Street Bridge), 10p-until
For ticket info, go to rhythmnationderbygala.com

Sat. May 2nd

Crown Royal presents the Darrell Griffith Foundation All-Star Celebrity Affair featuring Fantasia, Chrisette Michele and DJ Kid Capri hosted by B96.5
KY International Convention Center on 4th & Market, 11 p
Tickets available at Better Days West and F.Y.E. Music

Big Don & MJ Ent. presents "The Saga Continues" 8th Annual Derby Extravaganza
Ladies 21 & up, Fellas 25 & up at Mellwood Arts Building, 10p-until
Tix available at @ Kat Ladies & Treasure's (Jefferson Mall)

Sun. May 3rd

Funkmaster Flex Custom Car & Bike Show featuring Rick Ross hosted by B96.5
at The Water Tower on River Road, Noon - 8 pm
To register your whip log on to www.funkmasterflex.com

Big Don & Mj Ent. presents The Grand Finale Party
with 2 sides, 2 parties & VIP at Jim Porter's, 10p-until
Tix available at Kat Ladies

*Jordan and other celebrities usually stop through the Darrell Griffith Party on Saturday. The tix are like $65 in advance, but that includes food and beverage(even alcohol). I suggest you attend this event. But don't wear sneakers. You don't need a tux or anything, but I don't think they'll let youin with sneakers...

not me, i wouldnt even bother making the trip now anyway because 1 store only has 10 pair, the other 11 and there are already lines from what i have been told.

Originally Posted by hanhaze502

not me, i wouldnt even bother making the trip now anyway because 1 store only has 10 pair, the other 11 and there are already lines from what i have been told.

you was told wrong.

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

Originally Posted by hanhaze502

you was told wrong.

Wouldn't be the 1st time, but honestly it makes me no difference, i'm not making the trip anyway.

1. MARCUS Says:
    April 30th, 2009 at 10:40 pm
    HOPE YOU IN MEMPHIS, CAUSE ITS A LINE ALREADY, OUTSIDE THE STORE ON AMERICAN WAY LOCATION SO IF YOU EXPECTING TO GET SOME IN ST. LOUIS OR LOUISVILLE, IT AIN'T A GOOD LOOK, HOPE YOU ON YOUR WAY, GOOD TRAVELING…..

^ still sick? that sucks. and nah dude is just trying to scare people off so he can forsure get his pair. I have talked to the manager at both stores at least10 times the last 3 days, its almost 7 and theres only 2 people waiting.

Originally Posted by tylerhundley

^ still sick? that sucks. and nah dude is just trying to scare people off so he can forsure get his pair. I have talked to the manager at both stores at least 10 times the last 3 days, its almost 7 and theres only 2 people waiting.

nah im better, im going new car hunting tomorrow because my car decided to take a crap. i will be ordering these off ebay with zen money !
happy.gif

Thought you all were making the trip Ty ?

I hope they dont sell out, just to show they need to quit putting them in memphis.

^ i have a feeling that if Nike allows City Gear to do so, the Tans will be in Louisville. and yeah we are heading out in about 20 minutes. Wish us luckeveryone.

#8 in line. 11 pairs. Some dude here is talkin bout how he's gonna sell these for 400 and make bread off them, I'm gonna try and grab them from himafter he gets them because 400 is actually pretty cheap. I'm tryin to do what I can for everyone that asked me bout them. 502 762 7890. Hit me up. I'mbored and tryin to help yall out lol

Congrats tyler. Post some pictures. Im still pissed I didnt get my pair... Even though they were headed straight for the bay'...

I shoulda went on the roadtrip.. I'm pissed I ain't have shht to do plus I didn't partake in any Derby festivities.. I could have been a proudowner of blk/pink Yeezy's. FML

Best believe I will have the next colorway...Black/Pinks will be mine in the coming weeks.

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

^ damn u didnt get them? not even a pair that wasnt ur sz?

Joe couldnt make the trip with us, he had stuff come up on Friday that kept him from riding along. Honestly, if Nike allows it, City Gear will probably want torelease the tan pair here in the ville. The 2 City Gears in Memphis had full lines, but only 1 person was from Memphis! Nobody else from Memphis even showed uplate or anything. Im sorry Nike, but it looks like no matter how hard you try, Memphis will never be a sneaker city.

^3 people were recently fired, and one just put in her 2 weeks. So we should be. Although if you ask they will most likely say "we are takingapplications".

And which one of you guys did I meet saturday? Dont remember what you said your S/N was. You or any of your friends didnt happen to go to Noe did you?

Back
Top Bottom