Many Saints of Newark - Sopranos prequel

Timeout. We need more info 160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep - you still buy DVD's? Why don't you subscribe to any services?

I went to see A Quiet Place Part 2 in theaters and it was more than fine. Seats were separated and all that. Don't fear the theater IMO.

Had no idea that they were making a prequel. and about 3 or 4 months ago i started the series.

Just finished the series about 30 minutes ago.
Tony got whacked, right? :lol:

in front of all his family tho :smh:

that **** is so well directed and written tho...really wish we could have got some kinda epilogue but get it.

Had no idea that they were making a prequel. and about 3 or 4 months ago i started the series.

Just finished the series about 30 minutes ago.
Tony got whacked, right? :lol:

in front of all his family tho :smh:

that **** is so well directed and written tho...really wish we could have got some kinda epilogue but get it.

This gonna be on hbo max on Friday right?

getting snipped on Friday, really hope I can take my painkiller, smoke, and watch this. :lol: :smokin

Won't be able to watch tonight, will have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday :ohwell: .

Like that they tied that scene in with the card game getting raided at the fair. Few other scenes and references they tied in from the series too.

Dickie kinda reminded me of Richie aprile

Uncle June “he don’t have the makings of a varsity athlete” :lol: always busting balls. “The pros play in the rain!” Then busting his *** :rofl:

Was that a blank or something when Tony’s dad shot Livia in the head while they were driving? :lol:
Edit: just read that this was when he shot through her. Hahah

I thought that tony had something to do with dickies death prior to this. Didn’t think Junior ordered it because of a fall that was a result of him busting Tony’s balls. :lol: (At first I thought Tony did it for junior because he was so mad)

Overall i enjoyed the movie, didn’t really feel like the characters were developed enough, and was kind of slow at times. Wish we coulda got like ten eps or something to hash it out a little better. Gandolfinis kid really nailed the mannerisms and role overall though iMO

hopefully they do more movies

Last edited:
Didn’t have much expectations but movie was pretty meh. Didn’t realize the movie was going to pretty much centered around dickie moltisanti.

I liked it for the most part. I always believed that The Sopranos could’ve used more flashbacks. But the movie felt like an extended flashback. I think it would have worked better as a miniseries.

Just read that the Sopranos debuted 20 years ago today :wow:

Sopranos first aired Jan 1999 - still holds up as amazing show….movie quality TV….

Back to Sopranos tv ending, last scene….spoiler…….def think he was killed….the director of many saints who directed many sopranos eps also thinks this, his reason? Flash back to comment where Bobby says “ when you get shot you don’t even hear the gun shot”…something to that effect said 1-2 times in the series……..I also feel that chase wanted to leave it open for a sopranos movie, my understanding it was gandolfini that wanted it to end….and it was ended like 20 eps after he was looking for exit…..gotta realize guys….a show like this is money maker for guys like chase/writers/directors, they don’t want that to end…..these amazing ideas that take off are once in a life time for MOST

SPOILER
Back to many saints….won’t say too much yet…..I ‘ll re-watch it, but first viewing should have been a 6-8 ep series….feels like a lot more material was left out….or lot more could have been added……. I would have wrote a different ending………Christopher is the Narrator, clearly bitter for getting killed by tony…..tony soprano was not a good dude, in fact he was evil…..this movie should have shown the creation of that…..I thought it was going to show tony is the one that killed dicky, which would have tied into the sopranos show when tony told Christopher that a cop killed his dad…….that’s what I would have done if I had to just write one movie….but guessing they make a few more….then we see him become tony soprano

Don’t think I heard N word once throughout the movie, if so that was clearly a effort to do that, which is good point that sometimes these directors writers get carried away with the Use of it….

SPOILER

Last edited:
Didn’t have much expectations but movie was pretty meh. Didn’t realize the movie was going to pretty much centered around dickie moltisanti.

I ‘m thinking this is a 1 out of 3 movie thing for chase….it sets up for bigger roles for the very good actors that didnt get shine in this movie playing Jr. Johnny Olivia.

Just finished it up on HBO.

It was cool to see a lot of these characters in their time before the TV show. The casting for Silvio was absolutely brilliant. The head lean, the hunched walk, the scowl….WOW! Junior busting balls like always :lol:

Overall, I hate to say it but this was a pretty meh movie overall. I didn’t hate it but it wasn’t very good. It’s pretty uneventful in terms of the TV show and it is very minimal about Tony (which is what you’d be lead to believe). It started out strong for me but never picked up or even maintained. The biggest part that made no sense to me was some of the glaring differences from the story in the show:

*Spoiler alert (not really spoilers but details)*

Dickie was said to have been an addict in the TV show, definitely not the case here. Also in the show, Tony remembers that Dickie was killed because of a beef with Jilly Ruffalo, a man he was in prison with. Jilly murdered Dickie's cell mate and Dickie gouged out his eye in revenge. Definitely not the case in the movie

In all honesty the ending would’ve been great for the beginning of the movie we THOUGHT this would be about. So maybe it’s just part 1 of a 2-3 part set?

I don't think it was really marketed as being solely about Tony. I think the fact that Gandolfini's son was playing the young Tony accounted for a lot of hype and attention but that didn't mean that the film was mostly about him. They made it very clear that it was going to be about Christopher's father very early on. And when they added that "A Sopranos Story" subtitle, I think it drove the point closer to home. Especially in this age of the "Story Films". Movies like El Camino or Rogue One, which are part of the Breaking Bad and Star Wars universes, but don't necessarily revolve around the main characters in those universes (well, Jesse is a main character but what I mean is that Walt is the central character of BB).

just got back from the theater. I didn’t watch any previews or read articles, I was surprised by the amount of Blackness on the screen. The movie wasn’t great, wasn’t bad either. I’ll rewatch on HBO Max

Back
Top Bottom