Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

santagun.jpg

UCR data is about as reliable as NCVS data. :lol:

I wouldn't put too much stock in data that the FBI is responsible for compiling. They're notorious for juking everything.

more guns more senseless killings and shootings though... right?

how long am I going to keep showing you guys truth and light and you respond with "stupid" because you dont want to question your beliefs.

sad, truly.
yup. only country in the world that champions the right to bear arms and at the same time has the highest rate of gun violence.

UCR data is about as reliable as NCVS data. :lol:

I wouldn't put too much stock in data that the FBI is responsible for compiling. They're notorious for juking everything.
Ahhh yes, selectively choosing reputable data sources as it fits your current narrative...

You know who else has this in the playbook?

Ahhh yes, selectively choosing reputable data sources as it fits your current narrative...

You know who else has this in the playbook?

I actually studied the research methodology of crime data in school.

Not really interested in playbooks or what not. I'm going off firsthand experience and actually working in the field.

yup. only country in the world that champions the right to bear arms and at the same time has the highest rate of gun violence.

The US does not have the highest rate of gun violence. And it has nowhere near the highest rate of violent crime.

It is odd that people like to isolate violent crime related death to a particular weapon. But even isolating it to guns, the US does not have the highest rate of gun violence. That’s simply untrue.

I actually studied the research methodology of crime data in school.

Not really interested in playbooks or what not. I'm going off firsthand experience and actually working in the field.
Perfect. Then we should come to you for more reliable sources on the matter.... present them ASAP so we can discuss.

The US does not have the highest rate of gun violence. And it has nowhere near the highest rate of violent crime.

It is odd that people like to isolate violent crime related death to a particular weapon. But even isolating it to guns, the US does not have the highest rate of gun violence. That’s simply untrue.
spoken like a true NRA member.

lol what? the point is there arnt many? so then there is ONE.

lets talk about it.

or naw?

Or are you just broad stroking that we cant expect any of the data to be reliable when scaled? Is this the only issue that has the kind of fundamental problem with reporting?

I think the discussion is about gun violence.

No. It’s about Mass shootings. The thread title isn’t “gun violence”.

EYE see what’s being done as an effort to group mass shootings under the umbrella of “violent crime” and “gun violence” to make it seem like a less serious issues than what it is.

Y’all can do better than this.

EYE see what’s being done as an effort to group mass shootings under the umbrella of “violent crime” and “gun violence” to make it seem like a less serious issues than what it is.

Okay, how do you define a mass shooting? So that the thread isn’t polluted with irrelevant gun deaths.

Developed or 1st world countries the USA doesn't have the highest rate of gun violence and isn't close to being the most violent?

I don’t know which countries you’re referring to as undeveloped or not 1st world.

Like I said, I thought that language is considered problematic.

But, the answer is probably no.

But, the answer is probably no.

And you'd probably be wrong. Unless you're satisfied being less violent than places like Colombia, Mexico and El Salvador.

But in my opinion that's a very low bar for one of the most advanced countries.

the U.S. have mass shooting problems for decades and still turn a blind eye that it is an existing and concerning problem. the politicians and NRA have tried to put the blame on mental health, lack of firearms and lack of firearm freedom. just the reasoning alone by the politicians and gun advocates is even more concerning. the love for firearms is more important than actually saving or preserving lives. I doubt a person like Rittenhouse would have done something about it other than to look cool with an AR.

It's not gun enthusiasm alone and it's not mental health or the wealth gap alone. It's the combination of factors that produces the level of violence we see, whether street violence or random violence. We don't deserve to be a gun enthusiast country until we get the other social issues sorted out.

It's not gun enthusiasm alone and it's not mental health or the wealth gap alone. It's the combination of factors that produces the level of violence we see, whether street violence or random violence. We don't deserve to be a gun enthusiast country until we get the other social issues sorted out.

I actually agree with you on this.

Back
Top Bottom