Messed up stuff a mother did to her young son? Or just nothing big?

eyes.gif
i use to get beat in the shower with a extension cord, this is weak sauce 

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

30t6p3b.gif

Just because some of your parents beat you doesnt mean this isnt bad. This crazy $%!@% is torturing that kid.

This is worse then physically beating him, shes abusing him mentally.

Id honestly rather take a beating over this.
Dude might grow up and go straight Micheal Myers on her

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

30t6p3b.gif

Just because some of your parents beat you doesnt mean this isnt bad. This crazy $%!@% is torturing that kid.

This is worse then physically beating him, shes abusing him mentally.

Id honestly rather take a beating over this.
Dude might grow up and go straight Micheal Myers on her

He lied, he's a kid, he got into trouble just like the other 100% of kids do. Mom is a pathetic loser.

*kayne shrug*

He lied, he's a kid, he got into trouble just like the other 100% of kids do. Mom is a pathetic loser.

*kayne shrug*

reddit reply:
My son is five years old and plays Minecraft for about 45 minutes a night if he's good during the day. My wife asked him what he was building, and he turned around and said that she was stupid and to leave him alone. She snatched him up from the computer, gave him a five minute time out on the steps and said that if he said it again, he'd have Minecraft taken away for the weekend. He said it again and started flailing his arms, so we closed up the game and told him it was gone until after school on Monday. He screamed that he hated us and that we couldn't take his game away from him. This went on for a good half hour after his time out was over — the persistence of children! — so I walked up to him and said "Bud, this is your last chance to knock this crap off, or else I'm going to have to do something worse than take Minecraft away." He punched the wall really hard and stomped his feet and snarled at me something fierce.

So I said "You're not allowed to punch my walls. Not even if you're very mad." He kept flailing and yelling, so I said "Fine. You want to punch my walls? I'll punch yours." Went right into his Minecraft save and punched his house down. He was inconsolable. Just laid in his bed sobbing until he fell asleep. I felt miserable about it,

After school on Monday, we fired up his save game and rebuilt his house together, and talked about why he had showed such bad behavior. He told me there was a kid in his school that acted like he had and that this kid tends to get his way as a result. So I sat him down on my lap and said "Buddy, I know [kid's name] acts like this, but how does it make you feel when he throws a fit like that?"

"Bad."

"Well that's how your mother and I feel when you act like that. And when you punch things and call us names, you're going to have consequences. If it happens again, you're going to lose your game time, and you'll have to earn it back through good behavior."

He was good for a time, had a couple outbursts and had his game taken away. He cried and threw little fits, but nothing that couldn't be tolerated. A few days later, he'd get his game back, and be good again. Kids just go in cycles like that.

But I'm not a great father by any stretch. I've made some very bone-headed disciplinary choices, and I try to learn from those. I can see the effects in the way my son acts in certain situations. But I have learned, time and time again, that no behavior in a young kid is going to be totally undone in a single fifteen minute episode, and no one time out is going to break a kid of their tantrums and self-centered explosions.

This mom made a mistake I used to always make — take it out on the kid, and not the behavior. The kid knew he jacked up. He knew it long before she put hot sauce in his mouth or stuck him in a cold shower. If you can get a kid to realize they've done something wrong, and confront them about it and put why it was wrong into words they understand, then you've disciplined them. Gotta give them expectations and standards to live up to. If it happens again, that's when you bring in the consequences — time outs, grounding, taking away toys or privileges, etc. Now I don't particularly think there's anything wrong with a stern or raised voice to set the tone for a punishment, but she just kept going above and beyond once she'd already made herself clear.

Hopefully someone can point out to her why what she's doing is more damaging in the long run, and hopefully she can learn from her mistakes.

reddit reply:
My son is five years old and plays Minecraft for about 45 minutes a night if he's good during the day. My wife asked him what he was building, and he turned around and said that she was stupid and to leave him alone. She snatched him up from the computer, gave him a five minute time out on the steps and said that if he said it again, he'd have Minecraft taken away for the weekend. He said it again and started flailing his arms, so we closed up the game and told him it was gone until after school on Monday. He screamed that he hated us and that we couldn't take his game away from him. This went on for a good half hour after his time out was over — the persistence of children! — so I walked up to him and said "Bud, this is your last chance to knock this crap off, or else I'm going to have to do something worse than take Minecraft away." He punched the wall really hard and stomped his feet and snarled at me something fierce.

So I said "You're not allowed to punch my walls. Not even if you're very mad." He kept flailing and yelling, so I said "Fine. You want to punch my walls? I'll punch yours." Went right into his Minecraft save and punched his house down. He was inconsolable. Just laid in his bed sobbing until he fell asleep. I felt miserable about it,

After school on Monday, we fired up his save game and rebuilt his house together, and talked about why he had showed such bad behavior. He told me there was a kid in his school that acted like he had and that this kid tends to get his way as a result. So I sat him down on my lap and said "Buddy, I know [kid's name] acts like this, but how does it make you feel when he throws a fit like that?"

"Bad."

"Well that's how your mother and I feel when you act like that. And when you punch things and call us names, you're going to have consequences. If it happens again, you're going to lose your game time, and you'll have to earn it back through good behavior."

He was good for a time, had a couple outbursts and had his game taken away. He cried and threw little fits, but nothing that couldn't be tolerated. A few days later, he'd get his game back, and be good again. Kids just go in cycles like that.

But I'm not a great father by any stretch. I've made some very bone-headed disciplinary choices, and I try to learn from those. I can see the effects in the way my son acts in certain situations. But I have learned, time and time again, that no behavior in a young kid is going to be totally undone in a single fifteen minute episode, and no one time out is going to break a kid of their tantrums and self-centered explosions.

This mom made a mistake I used to always make — take it out on the kid, and not the behavior. The kid knew he jacked up. He knew it long before she put hot sauce in his mouth or stuck him in a cold shower. If you can get a kid to realize they've done something wrong, and confront them about it and put why it was wrong into words they understand, then you've disciplined them. Gotta give them expectations and standards to live up to. If it happens again, that's when you bring in the consequences — time outs, grounding, taking away toys or privileges, etc. Now I don't particularly think there's anything wrong with a stern or raised voice to set the tone for a punishment, but she just kept going above and beyond once she'd already made herself clear.

Hopefully someone can point out to her why what she's doing is more damaging in the long run, and hopefully she can learn from her mistakes.

All she is doing is teaching him to fear her instead of respect her.
This doesnt do anything to correct the problem, but rather he is already trying to hide it.

I hope the kid gets bad pneumonia from a cold shower, she gets reported to child services and he gets readopted into a family that knows the difference between discipline and punishment.

All she is doing is teaching him to fear her instead of respect her.
This doesnt do anything to correct the problem, but rather he is already trying to hide it.

I hope the kid gets bad pneumonia from a cold shower, she gets reported to child services and he gets readopted into a family that knows the difference between discipline and punishment.

reddit reply:

"Bad."

reddit reply:

"Bad."

smh at people who don't know how to be a god damn parent. too many #!+$## up people are allowed to breed which in return just makes more #!+$## up people who will pass down this +@!*$%#@. not even talking about the video, talking about the dudes in this thread talking about getting hit like that is the right thing to do
eyes.gif

smh at people who don't know how to be a god damn parent. too many #!+$## up people are allowed to breed which in return just makes more #!+$## up people who will pass down this +@!*$%#@. not even talking about the video, talking about the dudes in this thread talking about getting hit like that is the right thing to do
eyes.gif

Word? aint nuthin wrong for that my momma used 2 beat my *** even told me n my sister she was gonna change our names to ***!@#$ n !@#$% but ill always luv my momma

Back
Top Bottom