Michael Jordan hasn't made a good shoe since...

since he retired... XIV was the last shoe that really was great and had that Jordan mystique.. the rest was above average at best

The running shoes that Jordan are wearing in that pic are the Nike Air Max Triax from 1994 or 1995 if I ain't mistaken. I had a pair of them back in 1997that a Christian Brother gave to me. They were new in the box.

JB has there spurts here and there ,but the quality is usually less then what it should be for the prices ........

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

since he retired... XIV was the last shoe that really was great and had that Jordan mystique.. the rest was above average at best

Agreed.

At $150 and up, a shoe should look good, and perform well. After the XIV they regularly fell short of achieving those two things simultaneously. In some casesthey achieved neither.
The only thing that has steadily increased since then is the price.

I thought the 17 had some appeal to it. A bit pricey but the shoe itself was pretty dope. The 17+ with the croc skin was especially tight. Not much of a fanfrom XVIII-XX2, but the XX3's definitely had some of that jordan mystique to them.

Originally Posted by d0njaye

performance wise, its the XXs (still haven't played ball in the XX3s yet)

I had a friend who felt the same way.. copped some CDP XX's for cheap to play ball in. It's a shame the CDP quality isn't nearly as nice as theoriginals. He wore it once and the shoe looks as though it's been balled in for weeks. Its a shame

the 23s. the stealth 23s. the 3 latest ones are a step down.

as far as retro goes, the last retro i got were the fire red 3s which were not that bad.

Come on now!!! Those are not even basketball shoes on the pic!
smh.gif
mad.gif

Those are some very plain and simple Air Max running shoes from that time!

Originally Posted by Joshua1982

The running shoes that Jordan are wearing in that pic are the Nike Air Max Triax from 1994 or 1995 if I ain't mistaken. I had a pair of them back in 1997 that a Christian Brother gave to me. They were new in the box.
You're very lucky. Nobody ever gave me nothing. Not even a pair of Grant hills, and that's all I wanted back in '96.

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

Originally Posted by Joshua1982

The running shoes that Jordan are wearing in that pic are the Nike Air Max Triax from 1994 or 1995 if I ain't mistaken. I had a pair of them back in 1997 that a Christian Brother gave to me. They were new in the box.
You're very lucky. Nobody ever gave me nothing. Not even a pair of Grant hills, and that's all I wanted back in '96.

Wow bro, I had those back in the day. I would have given you my pair. It sounds like you needed em more than me.

after xiv most jordan fans were/are disappointed, includin myself. Jordan had style back then, but with age that goes away.... now what he co-signs in is awfulfor the most part.

I must say, that's exactly how I feel. I mean, I have even stopped buying retros because of the horrid quality.

Originally Posted by endemic415

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Michael Jordan doesn't make the shoes. . .
roll.gif

on the real, whatever Michael had I on, I had to have it. I'm sure a lot of people that saw him play back in Bulls' days feel the same way. Nowadays kids are beasting on what Kanye is wearing,
eyes.gif
smh

what is MJ wearing?
imo since he stopped playing the shoes have lost some mystique... I mean it seemed more fun when he was wearing them and rippin' up thecourt...
I do think the XX3 are a notable increase over at least the last few to drop in recent memory

also, WHAT IS MJ WEARING??
Seriously, does anybody know for REAL?? (can;t find them on the net)

Back
Top Bottom