Microsoft ain't playin....

So uhh.. i got a question. I have a legit 360 and RROD 360, if i wanted to mod the red ringed one and play burned games offline i couldn't get bannedright? And how could i do this?
nerd.gif

hahahaha its funny but i was playing MW2 last night on live no problem, and i heard that everybody was getting banned. Then this morning turned on the xbox andboom! you have been banned! hahaha freakin microsoft. But whats funny is they dont ban your gamertag just your xbox console.

Got banned today
laugh.gif
O well had 2 days of fun on MW 2 might just go to aPS3 now
nerd.gif
probably will stay with 360 though cause I just bought a yearof live a month back

I'm curious to know, most of the people getting banned is because they got a burned copy?
Cause my joint is modded but I just copped the OG game so I won't risk it. Anyone?

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

I'm curious to know, most of the people getting banned is because they got a burned copy? Cause my joint is modded yet, I just copped the OG game so I won't risk it. Anyone?
Do you mean isn't modded yet?

Originally Posted by therenegade23

I'm curious to know, most of the people getting banned is because they got a burned copy? Cause my joint is modded yet, I just copped the OG game so I won't risk it. Anyone?

my bad I meant it is.

my bad I meant it is.
So you're not ban yet, you're gonna be soon. Try unmodding it.

my bad I meant it is.

I want to know tho most of the people that are getting banned it's because they got caught cause they had a burn version or what? Cause I been having itlike this for awhile now n I haven't been online since before the game dropped. I just copped the game and I'm playing it offline. People are tellingme not to sweat cause I got the legit copy and my mod is stealth. So I'm just trying to figure out how is Microsoft catching yall?

You know that feeling you get when something goes down but you
know your hands are clean ,so you aint worrying about shhhtttt.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by McRaptor

Got banned today
laugh.gif
O well had 2 days of fun on MW 2 might just go to a PS3 now
nerd.gif
probably will stay with 360 though cause I just bought a year of live a month back

laugh.gif
same here

my bad I meant it is.

I want to know tho most of the people that are getting banned it's because they got caught cause they had a burn version or what? Cause I been having it like this for awhile now n I haven't been online since before the game dropped. I just copped the game and I'm playing it offline. People are telling me not to sweat cause I got the legit copy and my mod is stealth. So I'm just trying to figure out how is Microsoft catching yall?

I got mine modded but unplugged my wirelesss as soon as i heard. Probably wont make a difference but whatever. On some forums people were getting bannedwithout a game in the drive, legit or burned, didnt matter. They're reading the firmware. Some people had success so far by reflashing to original FW

I got mine modded but unplugged my wirelesss as soon as i heard. Probably wont make a difference but whatever. On some forums people were getting banned without a game in the drive, legit or burned, didnt matter. They're reading the firmware. Some people had success so far by reflashing to original FW

Correct, unplugging will do no good and playing original games on a modded firmware will also do no good.

Basically you can unplug your Ethernet and "ban yourself" from playing XBL to save your console (assuming you havent been "recognized" yetby MS)

But thats about it, if you want to play online, you'll have to buy games/leave your firmware unchanged (at least for now-- calling George Hotz, can'tyou start hacking for team xbox? )

Originally Posted by boomtho

my bad I meant it is.

I want to know tho most of the people that are getting banned it's because they got caught cause they had a burn version or what? Cause I been having it like this for awhile now n I haven't been online since before the game dropped. I just copped the game and I'm playing it offline. People are telling me not to sweat cause I got the legit copy and my mod is stealth. So I'm just trying to figure out how is Microsoft catching yall?

I got mine modded but unplugged my wirelesss as soon as i heard. Probably wont make a difference but whatever. On some forums people were getting banned without a game in the drive, legit or burned, didnt matter. They're reading the firmware. Some people had success so far by reflashing to original FW

i'm pretty sure theres tracking through the firmware. i had mine on 1.61 and was only playing stealth patched games and i still got banned.
Imma cop a new one this weekend & just keep my the banned one to play single player games.

Originally Posted by damn its me

Correct, unplugging will do no good and playing original games on a modded firmware will also do no good.

Basically you can unplug your Ethernet and "ban yourself" from playing XBL to save your console (assuming you havent been "recognized" yet by MS)

But thats about it, if you want to play online, you'll have to buy games/leave your firmware unchanged (at least for now-- calling George Hotz, can't you start hacking for team xbox? )

Okay thanks yall,since my membership ran out Ima stay on the low,offline.

I was banned too, hope to be back online by christmas though. got something in the works

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Got me. I've been Banned.
Wait, didn't you say the ban wave was over?

Sure did and if you read the entire message I edited it an hour later that said it will last until the 20th.. JANURARY 20th that is...
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

They just got me too.
frown.gif

Arcade is going to be the gift of the season.
laugh.gif

I thought I would be mad when I got banned but I don't care. I still got like 15 games I can play whenever I want as of right now. The only game I playonline is GOW2.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Got me. I've been Banned.
Wait, didn't you say the ban wave was over?

Sure did and if you read the entire message I edited it an hour later that said it will last until the 20th.. JANURARY 20th that is...
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
I didn't read all that I guess. Microsoft putting inwork.
eek.gif

It's gotta be the firmware. ???

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by GTEK

You know that feeling you get when something goes down but you
know your hands are clean ,so you aint worrying about shhhtttt.....
pimp.gif
stress free fam
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I'm not really stressing it that much as I thought I would I mean over 5 months i probably played a good 10 games that I wouldn't normallybuy for the normal retail price so I think it was worth it for me
ohwell.gif
alot of my friends that got banned felt the same way too

Back
Top Bottom