MODS DELETING POSTS, CENSORSHIP AND TRANSPARENCY

So you admit to lying about me posting a 5G conspiracy video in the corona thread.

I never referenced any 5G conspiracy in that thread. I said 'Tell me what you know about 5G'. Nothing beyond that. You never mentioned anything else when I asked you to specify what misinformation you claimed I was spreading.
Lying? Please. There are literally thousands of things that my time would be better spent on than rehashing your ban from the COVID-19 thread. Over a dozen and a half people were permanently banned from that thread - many for similar issues.

I spoke in haste because you decided to force the issue. If it makes you feel better, I edited my prior post to replace "video" with "theory."

You posted screenshots proving that I'd already explained to you why I mentioned "lizard people." Your "5g CaUsEd COviD" theory came to you from the same font of wisdom as "shape-shifting lizard people." You may want to check your sources next time.

"I'm just asking questions" is not a valid defense. You had no business "asking questions" about 5G in the covid-19 thread OR the Ahmaud Arbery thread.

As D deleted said, we wanted to nip that nonsense in the bud.

It speaks volumes that even FACEBOOK has banned 5G/Coronavirus conspiracy posts.

If you can't live with us censoring birther/5g/pizzagate/lizard conspiracy nonsense, I'm sure that another site can accommodate your needs.

whichever mod can help me delete this one users account like @soundcloud got deleted will have my eternal support
You can send an email request to the support account and they'll assist you. Removing tens of thousands of posts can adversely impact our system due the massive size of our database, but they can explain the options available to you.

wait soundcloud finally got the boot? :smokin
Yes.

He took it exactly like you'd expect him to.

There are literally thousands of things that my time would be better spent on than rehashing your ban from the COVID-19 thread. Over a dozen and a half people were permanently banned from that thread - many for similar issues.
Thank you. There was a period where that thread oscillated between useful information/discussion and then childish nonsense/misinformation, but I haven't had to worry about it in a while. The only hiccup has been that same youtube video being posted 3 or 4 times that I've seen.

yeah
they tryna hide THE TRUTH
quest.gif

Thank you. There was a period where that thread oscillated between useful information/discussion and then childish nonsense/misinformation, but I haven't had to worry about it in a while. The only hiccup has been that same youtube video being posted 3 or 4 times that I've seen.
That thread has been a nightmare to deal with.

It's consuming a ton of staff bandwidth and that's manifesting itself in slower response times elsewhere throughout the site. (Hence our need to recruit additional moderators.)

I've had to try and personally read every single response in there. The stakes are too high to let it fall apart or fail those relying on it as a source of solace and information. If something has slipped through the cracks, please use the report feature to bring it to the staff's attention.

This is exactly why we had to start pulling access to that thread at the first sign of trouble. I'm not gonna sit around and wait for every "what do you know about 5G" to become "watch this youtube video."

Lying? Please. There are literally thousands of things that my time would be better spent on than rehashing your ban from the COVID-19 thread. Over a dozen and a half people were permanently banned from that thread - many for similar issues.

I spoke in haste because you decided to force the issue. If it makes you feel better, I edited my prior post to replace "video" with "theory."

Normally when people accuse someone of something they didn't do they say something like 'I apologize'. Not 'fine'. So yea. You lied.

You posted screenshots proving that I'd already explained to you why I mentioned "lizard people." Your "5g CaUsEd COviD" theory came to you from the same font of wisdom as "shape-shifting lizard people." You may want to check your sources next time.

When did I ever say 5G caused covid? You're being real condescending and I'm trying to figure out why. Have I been condescending to you?

Not gonna lie I notice a lot of my posts get deleted

no idea shy

I don’t even do anything wrong

quest.gif

That thread has been a nightmare to deal with.

It's consuming a ton of staff bandwidth and that's manifesting itself in slower response times elsewhere throughout the site. (Hence our need to recruit additional moderators.)

I've had to try and personally read every single response in there. The stakes are too high to let it fall apart or fail those relying on it as a source of solace and information. If something has slipped through the cracks, please use the report feature to bring it to the staff's attention.

This is exactly why we had to start pulling access to that thread at the first sign of trouble. I'm not gonna sit around and wait for every "what do you know about 5G" to become "watch this youtube video."

can I be a mod?

When did I ever say 5G caused covid? You're being real condescending and I'm trying to figure out why. Have I been condescending to you?
I explained that reasoning to you respectfully and in private at the time of the ban. If you didn't think 5G had something to do with COVID-19, why were you asking about it in the COVID-19 thread?

For some reason, you chose to try and put me on blast publicly in a thread about a LYNCHING - and you have the gall to act like I'm acting in bad faith?

can I be a mod?
No.

Live by the coal, die by the coal. Belgium Belgium can denounce coal gang all he wants. The only real way out is death by black lung. Even then we’ll eventually see him again at the great keg party in the sky. I’ll be posted by the keg ready to pour him a bud light while we party with the coal gods.
This sounds like miners are Vikings and gotta die a slow painful death caused by respiratory failure to get into Coal Valhalla :lol:

I explained that reasoning to you respectfully and in private at the time of the ban. If you didn't think 5G had something to do with COVID-19, why were you asking about it in the COVID-19 thread?

I explained that to you in private at the time of the ban. Someone else made a definitive claim about 5G so I asked them what do they know about 5G

For some reason, you chose to try and put me on blast publicly in a thread about a LYNCHING - and you have the gall to act like I'm acting in bad faith?

For some reason you ignored the two messages I sent asking you if it was cool to make this thread. So I went ahead and made it. I asked the question about you mocking me in that thread because it seemed relevant to you saying this:

Finally, I want to take a moment to address and apologize for the failure to sufficiently uphold our community's values through our community moderation during this challenging time.

As the person responsible for approving and training new moderators, the ultimate responsibility for any moderation delays or errors rests with me.

When a volunteer falls short or abuses their position, they undermine all that we've worked so hard to build and maintain together over these past two decades

Doesn't seem like being condescending and mocking users is the right use of your 'power'.

Back
Top Bottom