More sad news for the mamba

Originally Posted by scshift

All I know is Kobe is an absolute GOD off the court. He isn't even my favorite player Monta Ellis anyone? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 but this dude is a winner, A-List guy everywhere he goes.

He had people going crazy for him in Asia, everyone wanted to see him, people around the world who don't even speak English as their first language. Say what you want about him, hate him if you want, but you can't deny he has legend status in society.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cap1229

Legend status? hmmm

No exaggeration. He's arguable the most well-known athlete in the world, and one of the most talked about, whether it's good or bad.

Everyone knows who he is, whether or not they like basketball or anything. He's that guy.

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Chris -"What is on Kobe's mind? Going to Colorado, around all these white people, and not bringing Johnnie Cochran? Well then they say, "well if you hire Jonnie Cochran, you're going to look guilty." Yeah, but you going home! You want to look innocent in jail? I'd rather look guilty at the mall."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Legend status? hmmm

No exaggeration. He's arguable the most well-known athlete in the world, and one of the most talked about, whether it's good or bad.

Everyone knows who he is, whether or not they like basketball or anything. He's that guy.
Ali 
Jordan

Just to name two.

Delusional.

Legend status? hmmm

China loves him

old article
[h1]Kobe’s Next Conquest: China[/h1][h2]NBA Star Starts Charity in Bid to Raise Profile; ‘One-Man State Department’[/h2]
more in Sports Main »

[h3]By ALAN PAUL [/h3]
One of the great curiosities in modern sports is the Chinese people’s lavish affection for Kobe Bryant. During last year’s Beijing Olympics, he was greeted with a rapturous reception and mobbed everywhere he went. He appears in commercials and on billboards, has a popular Web site and had a reality show on Chinese television. He sells more NBA jerseys there than Yao Ming.

On Tuesday in Los Angeles, the love affair will reach a new level. Not only is Mr. Bryant accepting an award from the Asia Society for his work as a “cultural ambassador,

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Legend status? hmmm

Ali 
Jordan

Just to name two.

Delusional.

I was talking about current, active athletes.

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Legend status? hmmm

China loves him

Yeah, he won't have to worry about Women's Rights, or the groups over there.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Ali 
Jordan

Just to name two.

Delusional.

Beckham
Woods

Just to name two more.

I bet hes gotta have some sort of non-disclosure clause in that 75+ mil tho wouldnt he???

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Well Kobe will bounce back it happens to the best of them. Look at Jordan his settlement was for $168 Million

jordan sell boatloads of sneakers though...

Ali 
Jordan

Just to name two.

Delusional.

Beckham
Woods

Just to name two more.

I disagree. How many people aspire/look up to those two versus Kobe? Beckham more than Tiger Woods, I mean how many people actually know anything or follow golf?

Kobe has men and women, young and old looking up to him. But regardless, the point is that he's up there.

Beckham
Woods

Just to name two more.

I disagree. How many people aspire/look up to those two versus Kobe? Beckham more than Tiger Woods, I mean how many people actually know anything or follow golf?

Kobe has men and women, young and old looking up to him. But regardless, the point is that he's up there.
I don't know about all of that, especially after this really hits the fan. What has Kobe Bryant ever done, other than dribble a basketball? At least Beckham appears to be concerned with global issues,  but Tiger, not so much. Vanessa's got her paper from him, so she really doesn't give a damn about what happens to him now. He didn't care about her, baggin' chicks left and right, then even raw doggin' it on random chicks. She hold the keys....
...this chump is toast in the U S.

In Asia, they really don't care about Women's Rights over there, so he may get a nod, but it ain't the U S.

I don't know about all of that, especially after this really hits the fan. What has Kobe Bryant ever done, other than dribble a basketball? At least Beckham appears to be concerned with global issues,  but Tiger, not so much. Vanessa's got her paper from him, so she really doesn't give a damn about what happens to him now. He didn't care about her, baggin' chicks left and right, then even raw doggin' it on random chicks. She hold the keys....

In Asia, they really don't care about Women's Rights over there, so he may get a nod, but it ain't the U S.

Yeah I guess you could just chalk Kobe up to be like Tiger, both are superstar athletes, premier sponsors from Nike who cheated on their wives and got busted.

I'm not sure where Kobe is going now, but all I was saying was that he really is a king off the court. That's why I don't get why people say he's "lame" or a "loser"... like how exactly is he a loser again? He can get any girl, buy any car, any house, and beat anyone in basketball (not that any of that really matters but a lot of people like to use materials as a sign of status).

And come on at that last statement. Are you equating being cheated on to women's rights? Does that mean that we in America don't care about "men's rights" over here since women cheat on men too? Lame shot...

Yeah I guess you could just chalk Kobe up to be like Tiger, both are superstar athletes, premier sponsors from Nike who cheated on their wives and got busted.

I'm not sure where Kobe is going now, but all I was saying was that he really is a king off the court. That's why I don't get why people say he's "lame" or a "loser"... like how exactly is he a loser again? He can get any girl, buy any car, any house, and beat anyone in basketball (not that any of that really matters but a lot of people like to use materials as a sign of status).

And come on at that last statement. Are you equating being cheated on to women's rights? Does that mean that we in America don't care about "men's rights" over here since women cheat on men too? Lame shot...
Okay, here in the United States women are a large part of the demographic, and their rights are considered when an athlete or entertainer is cultivating an image. No matter what he does here in the States, his admission to sexual assault, will be remembered, especially when marketing toward a specific demographic here in the States as well.
In Asia, that wont matter. It is no secret that Women's Rights isn't as strong over in Asia, as it is here in the US. So Kobe can be marketed toward any demo, without repercussion, nor objection.

In my opinion, then the opinion of many like myself, and there are MANY, we see Kobe as a phoney, just like Woods. To draw a comparison, Ali was REAL. He understood the power of his celebrity, and even in the eyes of his flaws, his intentions are clearly seen, over his misdeeds.

Like Tiger, Kobe does not have any of that to lean on. He has done nothing, lending his name to nothing, other than to hawk product.

Yall dudes think she gon get on there and air him out and risk any of that money via a law suit for defamation? Yea ok

That karma came back around on Kobe I see and who all remember himsnitching on Shaq? What's up with these dudes not having that prenup.

Back
Top Bottom