My wife just got sexually harassed...

First of all I’m really sorry that happened to your wife OP. No woman should have to tolerate something so terrible especially at work with one of her superiors. The first thing you need to do is get HR involved. Comming from someone who works in HR it is the companies responsibility to take all accustations or incidents serious and do a thorough investigation. Hope it goes well!

This climate has me shook.

I don't know OP, his wife or the accused.

You know your wife OP.

Your next action will tell the story IMO.

manager didnt know she was married? it doest justify but im just wondering dude had the extra nerve to go after a married woman.

especially grabbing a handful

Get HR involved, get upper management involved, have everyone in the office talking about it, and lastly contact an attorney. .

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practice/sexual-abuse-plaintiff

Don't wait.. tell her to write down everything that has happened. Have a journal ready when you speak to the attorney. If this is a big company, best believe... them leaches at these law firms will do the job pro bono or on contingency.

Here are additional resources

http://www.feminist.org/911/harass.html

Did you read the text the boss sent? Is there even a hint of something that seems like she's up to something in it?
Stop trying so hard.
I read the text. Who implicates themselves like that?

A manager who never texted a female employee before is gonna randomly text one after grabbing her mass? Who does that? Something seems odd about the story

nah a few people got fired from my job off this type of stuff and worst

and hr is only in place to stop lawsuits

so the hr out of his wife’s whole story is the shakiest, I’d focus on hr not taking it serious

Let Human Resources handle it and if that doesn't work hire a lawyer like others suggested. I understand you want to defend the honor of your wife but you have to think about the consequences that will come from confronting/ getting physical with the offender. Think about not only how these consequences will affect you but your children and your wife. You have a good head on your shoulders and I trust you will make the right decision.

-The Fresh Prince

Last edited:
paid leave of absence / emotional stress
lawsuit
he gets fired moved/she gets moved
she gets paid
plenty of time to find a new job if its even needed at that point

easy one except for the emotional side - you gotta man up and deal with that

oh and if its me after we are paid i'm def keeping tabs and somewhere in the next year to 18 months just when he's getting his life back together and rebuilding he's gonna run into some kind of seemingly random assault while i sit somewhere with an airtight alibi

y'all acting like your boss having your cell is some far fetched thing

christ
Never said that just said it’s far fetched for your boss to text you apologizing about hitting your mass while implicating himself at the same time. If the boss didn’t send those texts it would have been a He say she say situation.

Never said that just said it’s far fetched for your boss to text you apologizing about hitting your mass while implicating himself at the same time. If the boss didn’t send those texts it would have been a He say she say situation.

Seeing how he grabbed her *** in the first place hes obviously not a very bright person

This is the reason some chicks like thugs and dudes that offer nothing. They don't mind raising hell and going to jail. A respectable man with a career and children can't go that route though.

I laughed at the accuracy of this post

when you feel threatened, you try to defuse without thinking

I don't think his girl has anything going on with this boss, the boss probably took things the wrong way and went for it

I don't think you guys understand the purpose of HR. It's to protect the company, not the employees/you. Report the incident to HR to make it official, but tread lightly and lawyer up.

HR will protect the company when they know they don't have a real case, they can't take those texts lightly especially on a company phone

Back
Top Bottom