NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by PO2345

DC:
Whenever I play a game, I play it on the hardest level to get the most out of it. (EX: GOW: Titan Mode, Etc)
What do you recommend one play on?

PO
Forget the whole, "It makes me a better player" logic. The game CHEATS on HOF. The CPU doesn't use the same tools that the user has access too. Players get unrealistic attribute boosts on this level. Ask any developer (which 2K folks have confirmed), the hardest level isn't the most realistic experience. When I play a game I look for the most REALISTIC (not challenging) experience. Pro, AllStar, and even Superstar (verdict is still out on Sueprstar) with sim sliders should still offer a challenge to you if you are not exploiting the game. But if you are exploiting the game, then maybe HOF is for you. But I just don't see why you have to prove your manhood. SOme of you got the game and IMMEDIATELY turned it onOF after knowing NOTHING about the game. WHy? Pride?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You can download these from 2K Share under my name: DCAllAmerican

Options
My NBA Settings

Gameplay
Difficulty: Pro (until you get used to it. Don't go above Superstar. HOF is known to make the CPU cheat much like All Madden).
Gamestyle: Simulation
Speed: 50
Mins: 12 (if you wan't real scores)
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Clutch Factor: Off (This is the "Keep Scores CLose" option that Live has had for years)
Shooting Type: Optional (Read what the options do and you decide)
FT Shooting Type: Optional (Read what the options do and you decide)
FT Difficulty: 50 (As you get better and you have FT Shooting Type on Shot Stick Timing, you can move it up)

Gameplay Sliders
***Make sure you change the sliders for both the CPU and Human. TO do so, use the bumper to toggle between human and cpu. All sliders are the same for CPU and Human***

If I don't mention it, then it should be on 50

Inside Shot: 45
Close Shot: 45
Mid Range: 50
3PT: 48 (Could move it to 49)
Layup: 47
Dunk Success: 50
Dunk in Traffic: 35
Passing Accuracy: 48
Alley Oop Success: 48
Contact Shot Success: 42

Driving COntact Shot Frequency: 100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 100
Help Defense: 55
Steal Success: 25 (This is for on ball steals, not interceptions)

Ball Handling: 40
Clutch Factor: 0
Fatigue Rate: 45

Look for Post Players: 50
Go for on Ball Steals: 10

Fouls (You can adjust if you don't want to see realistic foul numbers)
Over the Back: 100
Charging: 85
Blocking: 70
Reaching: 70
Shooting Fouls: 65
Loose Ball: 100

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE GAMEPLAY SETTINGS AND GAMEPLAY SLIDERS
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Will try these very soon.  Much appreciated.  At a glance, they look similar to the adjustments I've made.  Pro/Simulation was the perfect base set for the way I was playing. 

Hey guys, Im trying to a NBA 2k11 Tournament for a fundraiser for my business fraternity, If you are in the Bay Area, specifically san jose, I would be grateful if you responded to my thread in the Norcal forum
thanks in advance, i am part of the fundraising chair and trying to raise money is pretty stressful 
tired.gif

http://niketalk.com/topic/271229

On another note DC, are you waiting for Rashidi to finish his rosters or have you looked at Nogster's at all? It looks like these guys are tinkering with the tendencies quite a bit.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Twig1026

Originally Posted by sladewilson

ANYONE know how to do 360 dunks ? 

Same as last year...not sure where for everyone but hold both triggers and flick the shot stick at an angle...angle depends on the person and where you take off from. Josh Smith is between left and down from the 2 or 3 times I was able to do it successfully

Same as last year...not sure where for everyone but hold both triggers and flick the shot stick at an angle...angle depends on the person and where you take off from. Josh Smith is between left and down from the 2 or 3 times I was able to do it successfully

Originally Posted by thachosen123

30t6p3b.gif
I was playing the "shootout" challenge, held nique to 20pts thru 4qtrs to only have him get consecutive and1's in the final 20seconds
30t6p3b.gif

PLaying these challenges on HOF is crazy as hell...

How come when my player makes a bucket he doesn't get rewarded for it?

And why does it take forever to lay the ball up? The hesitation in the paint is terrible.

Originally Posted by mikejs210

On another note DC, are you waiting for Rashidi to finish his rosters or have you looked at Nogster's at all? It looks like these guys are tinkering with the tendencies quite a bit.
Either one. Nogster is usually more thorough with the tendencies. He also cares about how simmed stats come out (as am I). Rashidi cares more about actual gameplay and how the ratings affect it.

I don't know who I will side with.

And the reason J. Rich can 360 easy is because he has a 360 in his dunk package.

you get skill points if it's deemed good shot selection, not for the score (you'll rack up lots of points for making plays easier than you will scoring)
so if you're taking a lot of forced shots, where you could have made a better play
you don't get points regardless if you make it.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

you get skill points if it's deemed good shot selection, not for the score (you'll rack up lots of points for making plays easier than you will scoring)
so if you're taking a lot of forced shots, where you could have made a better play
you don't get points regardless if you make it.
I suppose. The thing is I'm not forcing shots.

Oh well.

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Guys who finished the Jordan challenge, what did you do to grab 9 boards in the utah series???

Stayed home and wasted my sunday playing the Jordan Challenges. it took me like 15 tries to beat the portland challenge. Jordan could not hit a 3 for the life of him. To stop Drexler I equipped Pippen with the III's, double teamed him and selected deny ball. Pippen kept him to 12 points the entire game. I spent a good part of the day trying to beat this challenge and was pissed when I didn't even get a shoe for completing it. What the FLIP!!!

I've unlocked the 2's, 3's, 9's 15's, 16's, 18's, 23's and the 2010. I also unlocked like 4 team Jordans. As I unlocked the shoes, I start lacing up the players with sneakers. Looks cool to see the various team colors (Jordans).

Karl Malone looks crazy with the 18's. He also gave me a whipping after I equipped him with them.
30t6p3b.gif

what do you do to unlock sig Jordans??

Guys who finished the Jordan challenge, what did you do to grab 9 boards in the utah series???

Stayed home and wasted my sunday playing the Jordan Challenges. it took me like 15 tries to beat the portland challenge. Jordan could not hit a 3 for the life of him. To stop Drexler I equipped Pippen with the III's, double teamed him and selected deny ball. Pippen kept him to 12 points the entire game. I spent a good part of the day trying to beat this challenge and was pissed when I didn't even get a shoe for completing it. What the FLIP!!!

I've unlocked the 2's, 3's, 9's 15's, 16's, 18's, 23's and the 2010. I also unlocked like 4 team Jordans. As I unlocked the shoes, I start lacing up the players with sneakers. Looks cool to see the various team colors (Jordans).

Karl Malone looks crazy with the 18's. He also gave me a whipping after I equipped him with them.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Still don't understand why so many people love My Player. 
laugh.gif

Have they completely re-vamped it from last year? I got pretty bored after a while with it and didn't really pay attention to what they did to it for 2k11.

lol.

I loved it last year.!

but my question is.....

All the cover and contracts... billboards stuff...
are yall doing that with Jordan or making a Player from stratch?

30t6p3b.gif

It should be fixed now

I just uploaded a file to Google Docs. I went in an examined all of the dunk packages and gave a brief write-up of what each package has. I will be making a list for suggestions for each player in the league when it comes to dunk packages. It is not the gospel, just suggestions.

https://docs.google.com/d...WZCeVU9aoJ3hYE&hl=en

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

30t6p3b.gif

I won most of them simply playing the challenges. Sometimes I won a pair, other times I didn't win anything. After reading up on 2k's site, it basically said you unlock a shoe after 2 hours of playing; the clock is always running. 
So that's basically what I did. When I got hungry, I ate but left the PS3 on. I came back and played a 2 minute game and won a shoe immediately after finishing. I don't think it has to do with winning games because I've won the sig shoes by winning and loosing games. 

After playing 2 Jordan challenges, a new shoe would usually unlock.

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Me4u2Night wrote:

30t6p3b.gif

I won most of them simply playing the challenges. Sometimes I won a pair, other times I didn't win anything. After reading up on 2k's site, it basically said you unlock a shoe after 2 hours of playing; the clock is always running. 
So that's basically what I did. When I got hungry, I ate but left the PS3 on. I came back and played a 2 minute game and won a shoe immediately after finishing. I don't think it has to do with winning games because I've won the sig shoes by winning and loosing games. 

After playing 2 Jordan challenges, a new shoe would usually unlock.

Yo, I haven't failed a challenge yet, it's real easy. All I do is go to controls and player lock on MJ, so if I need to score, I call for the ball and shoot all day with him. If I need to grab some boards, I make sure some bum has the ball and press X so they can chuck up a shot while I stay posted by the paint, if I need an assist, I call for the ball and pass it to and open dood and press X to tell them to shoot. hasn't failed me yet. Had 50, 13, and 12 in the Father's Day game.....

Back
Top Bottom