NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

To those who finished the Jordan challenge, are you guys playing the MJ legend mode??? I started it and it seemed to easy, as MJ was already rated pretty high. I quickly dropped it and went into Association. I switch up the teams and included all the classic teams in my association.

The numbers those guys are putting up - Ewing, Thomas, Bird - unbelievable...

I've unlocked 20/40 Jordans. I'm on my way to unlocking them all.
30t6p3b.gif
How do you add the classic teams in Association mode?
In the main setup page, before entering a new association go into manage roster. Go to one of the classic teams and trade the players into the current roster. Then go to rotation, and change the time alloted to each player. Then go to the association page and select new association. It will rebuild the teams and you'll have all the classic players on your association teams.
The cpu will rebuild the teams according to which player is the best at the position. On my association, the Lakers have Magic, Kobie, Worthy, Gasal and Bynum. The Cavs, with Price and Daugherty are handing it to the other teams in the league. Ewing is beasting it with the Knicks. If you're into the golden error of basketball, I'd recommend adding the classic teams into your association. The Thunders with Payton, Durant, Kemp, Perkins and Schremp gave me crazy competition.

Fyi: Every association game I played, a signature Jordan was unlocked. I'm playing 12 min quarters. 
pimp.gif

I just used this Rashidi guy's rosters... Joints are horrible. This N got Shaq better than Chris Kaman and Brook Lopez and GWall better than Melo
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

To those who finished the Jordan challenge, are you guys playing the MJ legend mode??? I started it and it seemed to easy, as MJ was already rated pretty high. I quickly dropped it and went into Association. I switch up the teams and included all the classic teams in my association.

30t6p3b.gif
In the main setup page, before entering a new association go into manage roster. Go to one of the classic teams and trade the players into the current roster. Then go to rotation, and change the time alloted to each player. Then go to the association page and select new association. It will rebuild the teams and you'll have all the classic players on your association teams.
The cpu will rebuild the teams according to which player is the best at the position. On my association, the Lakers have Magic, Kobie, Worthy, Gasal and Bynum. The Cavs, with Price and Daugherty are handing it to the other teams in the league. Ewing is beasting it with the Knicks. If you're into the golden error of basketball, I'd recommend adding the classic teams into your association. The Thunders with Payton, Durant, Kemp, Perkins and Schremp gave me crazy competition.

Fyi: Every association game I played, a signature Jordan was unlocked. I'm playing 12 min quarters. 
pimp.gif

eek.gif
 at some of those lineups

Originally Posted by washanobotit

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

eek.gif
 at some of those lineups
gasal, kobie, "golden error"

what?

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

I just used this Rashidi guy's rosters... Joints are horrible. This N got Shaq better than Chris Kaman and Brook Lopez and GWall better than Melo
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

this should be interesting...  

Originally Posted by A Beautiful Wave

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by RoOk

A Beautiful Wave wrote:

Im 70-19 online ranked 180th right now going for that Top 100 currently on a 18 game winning streak..... Yall can't see me
I don't see where you should be proud of that...
laugh.gif

U mad cuz im stylin on U?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This guy stinks
laugh.gif
lets play son ill destroy u whats ur gametag ps3?
Naw 360
frown.gif
keepin it real, child.

Originally Posted by RoOk

A Beautiful Wave wrote:

Im 70-19 online ranked 180th right now going for that Top 100 currently on a 18 game winning streak..... Yall can't see me
I don't see where you should be proud of that...
laugh.gif

U mad cuz im stylin on U?
I heard you got the cal. on you to.

ISO motion I so crazy I learn new @@!+ everyday....I also notice that if you use the same move combinations the CPU AI will catch on...kind of nice to have that makes me do different @@!+

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

this should be interesting...  
DC gonna come in here and roast me. Watch
laugh.gif

I sprained my ankle and Sloan decides to put me back in. I'm obviously limping and barely could get around. 
30t6p3b.gif

So you are basing the value of a roster on the overall ratings of a few players? The point of the roster is to have better gameplay. I am sure SHaq's physical strengths are the reason why he has a higher overall than Kaman. Remember, 2K works backwards to achieve and overall rating for players. Rashidi doesn't.

Gerald's defense and Melo's lack of defense might be why he has a higher overall rating.

Remember, everyone has strengths and weaknesses. An overall rating doesn't tell that. A lower ranked player can be more efective than a higher rated player. But if you are basing anything on the ambiguous overall ratings, then be me guest.

An overall rating is NOT a direct implication of which player is BETTER. Video game wise, Dirk isn't an effective PF if you base it off of his ratings since he isn't a traditional PF. So he will naturally have a low overall. But you all still look at overall ratings as the end all be all.

^^ yeh some of the coaching decisions arent up to par.. my player was tired at the end of the 3rd in a close game.. and i didnt sub for the first part of the 4th.. so i had no energy to try to get the win

Originally Posted by Mister916

I sprained my ankle and Sloan decides to put me back in. I'm obviously limping and barely could get around. 
30t6p3b.gif

I hate that crap
laugh.gif
you gotta use turbo the whole game...increase your durability to prevent injury

Yea I hate when my player gets hurt or is wore out and the coach doesn't sub me. Hate that. One time I was so pissed about it I fouled myself out. It was just a waste of time limping back n forth and getting scored on since all my turbo was gone so I couldn't even keep up with the defender smh.

I have only been playing hard out since Friday and am only now onto the 2nd game of the Jordan Challenge.

This game has definitely lived up to the hype for me though after coming off a whole season of Live 10 and having never owned or thoroughly played a 2K title before this one.

Considering how much good there is (at least Jordan wise) I guess it has brought to the fore some of the bad stuff, namely presentation wise. For instance, I noticed in the 1st game of the J Challenge, playing at home against the Celtics, whenever I am shooting free throws the away crowd stays silent and motionless. So much for "sim-ball" in that respect. Also another thing that P.O.s me is not only the generic "Smiths", "Browns" and "Williams" for classics rosters, but the fact that when there's shots of the bench it looks like a genetic experiment gone wrong with 3 or so massive, pale, white guys with shaved heads who all look identical.

I just hope there's some dudes out there that are willing to go the distance and create entire benches for said classic teams. I mean c'mon, I was hoping for some Brickowski action on the 95-96 Sonics! :-D

Here's hoping... :-/

good lord the white players in nba 2k11 historic teams look horrific
laugh.gif
and lol @ doing doc rivers and mark price dirty like that.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by Mister916

30t6p3b.gif
I hate that crap
laugh.gif
you gotta use turbo the whole game...increase your durability to prevent injury
Yeah, I'm gonna do that. My player doesn't play reckless either. I went up to grab the board by myself with no one around and sprained my ankle.

I just had to explain it to you because you have no basis on saying the rosters suck. If you think those suck then the 2K Rosters suck x 500. But you look at overall ratings as the end all so what can I tell you. I can't wait for the day sports games stop relying on overalls.

Back
Top Bottom