NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Got drafted 16th to Minnesota. I'm two games in on the regular season and I'm gameplanning a trade already. Tired of this tweener team having a SF play Center.

How is everyone handling their press questions? I'm going professional until I get to a team I want, then I'm going Iverson every night.

man im throwing turnovers left and right, its very hard to throw high risk passes in this game. you basically need to throw it to the dude next to you, its even hard to throw it into the paint if the dude is cutting into there. much harder than last year.

my player is good improvement tho. gonna take some getting used to.

i noticed that in my player settings if you change the style from default to simulation it gets considerably harder....weird because that should only affect the AI's play style and not the overall difficulty

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Yo someone explain to me the 2kbeats for arenas. I made a playlist with more than one song and it only plays one song for each playlist. Smh. What kind of %+@ is that

i already explained it...it will be one song only for that event....

I was kinda worried that they had took out the "Sim Until Players Is Put Back In" option for My Player mode since it didn't let you do so in Summer League games. However, I was glad to find out that you can use the option in regular season games.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

i noticed that in my player settings if you change the style from default to simulation it gets considerably harder....weird because that should only affect the AI's play style and not the overall difficulty

Simulation style has adjusted sliders. Lower shot %, makes you play smarter since higher risk for turnovers, more fouls. So it isn't a difficulty level, but it isn't for casual folks

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Havent had time to mess with the game too much today, besides flunking on 3 Jordan Challenges. 
mad.gif

They have alot of old teams..

But do they have the 2001-2004 (idk what years actually) Kings, Bibby, Divac, Webber, Christie, Peja?
Nope, all the teams are Bulls teams and the rest are the teams required for the Jordan Challenges AKA the teams that the Bulls beat. 
86 Celts, 90 Pistons, 91 Lakers, 92 Blazers, 96 Sonics etc.

Man I can't play this game until I get back into the country (not until the 30th of Oct)
30t6p3b.gif
I am going to be so behind
30t6p3b.gif

Man I can't play this game until I get back into the country (not until the 30th of Oct)
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

they still have that horribly quick release on Gilbert Arenas' shot
30t6p3b.gif

yeah i finally got it down @ around 1:30 am hopefully i still have it when i get home.....wall is nasty on here
Originally Posted by jd2384

#!@# dominique wilkins and his human highlight film crap. i can't hold this guy under 25.
30t6p3b.gif
. aside from that, game is amazing. Also, '85 MJ is unstoppable
eek.gif

that was the 1st & only challenge i did domo had 20 mj had 47/10/3
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

My dude Nenê is a damn beast on the offensive end. 
sick.gif

yeah that euro step & dunk is unstoppable w/ him & damn near the etire game.... that needs to be the 1st patch

And also remember, WE ALL have picked up bad habits from past basketball games. Habits that are not reflective of the game of basketball.

A few tips with the passing.

1. Try not to pass the ball to the opposite direction in which your player is driving. This was practically an automatic turnover in 2K10
2. Know WHO you are passing the ball with. Passing ratings matter this year.
3. Distance matters as well.
4. Cross court passes, don't try them this year.
5. If you see the defense right THERE, don't throw the ball to the man and get mad at the game. Either dribble to put yourself in a better passing angle or don't throw the pass. Or you could always lead pass him AWAY from the defender.
6. When feeding the postman on the block, make the pass from the wing or the corner. Don't make the pass from the top of the key. Not a good passing angle.

Lovin this game! I'm 6-1 against my boys. I finally got the handles down ingame and my defense is Stupid nice! Put 40 up with wall. It's so difficult to penetrate the lane in HOF mode tho. You definatly have to make smart decisions this year; no more cross court passes and you really have to read the defensive match ups. Only bone I have to pick is that when the game is on the line and you call a time out, the computer will call another timeout backtoback right after you have made your changes. Other than that this game will be a classic. Sorry Ning if your lurkin in here, I'll invite you tonight. My teams are the wizards and OK. Get at me Psn: June_the_beast

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

And also remember, WE ALL have picked up bad habits from past basketball games. Habits that are not reflective of the game of basketball.

A few tips with the passing.

1. Try not to pass the ball to the opposite direction in which your player is driving. This was practically an automatic turnover in 2K10
2. Know WHO you are passing the ball with. Passing ratings matter this year.
3. Distance matters as well.
4. Cross court passes, don't try them this year.
5. If you see the defense right THERE, don't throw the ball to the man and get mad at the game. Either dribble to put yourself in a better passing angle or don't throw the pass. Or you could always lead pass him AWAY from the defender.
6. When feeding the postman on the block, make the pass from the wing or the corner. Don't make the pass from the top of the key. Not a good passing angle.

Seems like they made a pretty realistic game this year.
Nice

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

#30? Where and how? Theif

It's called not being pressed and scouring for resources fool.
Hope that midnight release was worth the extra $30. Me and ant both copped. 

laugh.gif
Good thing My Player is a PG.  Second pick of the second round drafted by the Heat.  Needless to say I'm racking up assists even with limited minutes to start out.

Back
Top Bottom