NBA FEET '13-'14

I actually had those pair of New Balances. So ugly, but such a great shoe :lol:  

Still have them actually, they're beat. 

i remember i bought a pair of NB for work years ago.

i was depressed when they no longer had grip (work outdoors) as they were extremely comfortable. don't remember the model or anything, and they looked decent.

wouldn't have rocked them on the court though.. lol

bro, you just opened up a can of worms.

The ol' retro jordan comfort/quality vs_____. It's debated multiple times every year in this thread, it NEVER fails lol
I didnt mean to open up a big debate, I guess it was just a thought since you see so many players playing in retro jordans.. maybe PE have something special since they are for NBA players..

to each there own I guess.. but I could never even imagine jogging in my retro jordans, let alone playing basketball in them.. especially when there are so many other superior shoes with regards to performance out there.. 

Last edited:

bro, you just opened up a can of worms.

The ol' retro jordan comfort/quality vs_____. It's debated multiple times every year in this thread, it NEVER fails lol
I didnt mean to open up a big debate, I guess it was just a thought since you see so many players playing in retro jordans.. maybe PE have something special since they are for NBA players..

to each there own I guess.. but I could never even imagine jogging in my retro jordans, let alone playing basketball in them.. especially when there are so many other superior shoes with regards to performance out there.. 
I feel you 100%. I'm on the same boat.

But there are people out there who SWEAR by retro jordans. You also have those with theories that players have higher quality retros and have their own personalized insoles.

My rotation right now consists of kobe 5s + 8s, hyperfuse low, and hyperdunk 2012 lows.

Don't Jordan brand players get different type of insoles to put in their shoes? I recall on the association Joe Johnson sticking different insoles in his retros or some jordan model that look similar to the ones.

I watched that clip of Oden dunking today, and then I realized as he got back on defense that his knees bend in a really weird way as he's shuffling his feet, someone like Ibaka/Garnett for example do it like a regular sized person but Oden's knees bend inwards....

Yep. Definitely those are Air Alonzo PE's. Miami equipment manager(s) must have had some on ice or Zo himself gifted them to him.

Last edited:
I wonder if Alonzo himself put in a word with Nike to have these "retroed" for Oden. Reason being a pair from when Alonzo played would not hold up, the glue would be brittle and they would probably come apart due to the stress of playing. Especially with a person the size of Oden. They would be good for casual wear but not at the level of an NBA player.....A pair that was just sitting in an equipment room would be no good by now imo.

Last edited:
I wonder if Alonzo himself put in a word with Nike to have these "retroed" for Oden. Reason being a pair from when Alonzo played would not hold up, the glue would be brittle and they would probably come apart due to the stress of playing. Especially with a person the size of Oden. They would be good for casual wear but not at the level of an NBA player.....A pair that was just sitting in an equipment room would be no good by now imo.

The rooms where they hold the kicks is climate controlled. You remember when Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire found some of Charles Barkley's PE's from the 90's?

Last edited:
super thanks for the pics! They could be samples guys, you never know! Maybe Nike sees anything related to the Miami Heat as some marketing strategy to retro anything related to the "Heat", "hence Gary Payton retros (heat colorway)".. Also a re-retro of the "Air Bakins", in which Tim Hardaway played in.. Nike could possibly release the Alonzo's since the "Heat" are the it team in the NBA right now.

Zoom Crusaders we discuss it a few pages back. My guess is Uncle Drew is the OFFICIAL Hyperdunk guy.

The Beard rocks some sick Crusaders. 

He's been hinting at a new shoe/colorway for 1st game of the season.

As an adult I realize these athletes can jump out the gym in bricks but it's still cool seeing what the pros are wearing. I'm sure they get shoes made to their exact specifications with custom orthotics and such regardless of the brand. They get new shoes whenever so durability doesn't matter as much. And I doubt a few ounce difference in weight impacts jumping or playability for these guys. Still cool to see what the stars are rocking as clearly they set trends in customer preferences. Curry has my interest more than any other. I'd love quality performance shoes from under armour to add some competition in the market.

KGs shoes look like bricks

Crusaders look promising, almost like the zoom MVP. Probs will see Nash in them

They way I've been reading into it is that the Zoom Crusader will be Harden's signature shoe, and the Zoom I Get Buckets will be Kyrie Irving's signature shoe.

As an adult I realize these athletes can jump out the gym in bricks but it's still cool seeing what the pros are wearing. I'm sure they get shoes made to their exact specifications with custom orthotics and such regardless of the brand. They get new shoes whenever so durability doesn't matter as much. And I doubt a few ounce difference in weight impacts jumping or playability for these guys. Still cool to see what the stars are rocking as clearly they set trends in customer preferences. Curry has my interest more than any other. I'd love quality performance shoes from under armour to add some competition in the market.
yeah..been seeing/hearing good reviews for the spawn anatomix..hopefully that'll make nike inprove their hyperfuse crap. wide feet..narrow hyperfuse = pain.

i think jodie meeks is also wear the crusaders..can't really find a good pic but it doesn't look like the kobe 8s.

I'm pretty sure those Alonzo's that Oden is wearing are just left over PEs from the equipment room. Nike wouldn't promote a retro by giving them to Oden. Even if he is a Heat player. Its not like Zo retired that long ago. As stated above, in his earlier years, Amare broke out some Barkley Air Max 180 PE's that he found in the equipment room. It happens.

Don't Jordan brand players get different type of insoles to put in their shoes? I recall on the association Joe Johnson sticking different insoles in his retros or some jordan model that look similar to the ones.

They must have expensive, very comfortable insoles put in but what about impact/shock absorption? Jordans do have great designs but I would probably opt for current sneakers that perform better. I went to a convention and walked around in black cement 3s for hours. First time i ever had knee pain in my life.

Back
Top Bottom