***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

Nah I'm old enough to remember the OG rafter. They probably did a canvas version but there was definitely a black nubuck OG. The white ones were leather, the all-black with brown side-stripe were Nubuck, and the powder blue ones were nubuck. They retroed the black/white pair in leather just like the sample pics above and the shape was all off, and they did some all-white ones around the same time but that was it. Hope they do the powder blues.

They did retro them around 2000 and something there was also the White and Red ones from that time. As for the Black and White ones, is very possible there was a nubuck one, I am probably the oldest here, but only remember the canvas one, its like yesterday when I was holding it in hands in one of the stores. 

They did retro them around 2000 and something there was also the White and Red ones from that time. As for the Black and White ones, is very possible there was a nubuck one, I am probably the oldest here, but only remember the canvas one, its like yesterday when I was holding it in hands in one of the stores. 
I remember there being a white and black but as far as material I couldn't tell you, but that all black nubuck was awesome

Damn....my size is gone in the royal simple and pro heritage 1. Was looking to get them on discount. Oh well....I'll get them somewhere else. Thanks @AboveDaHype for putting up that discount code. I copped the IT Kamikaze PE

Rep to @AboveDaHype for that code. Pulled the trigger on the blk/wht/red Rails for $32, thanks in part to Trent's repeated praise of their comfort on feet. If they're at least as comfortable as the Kamikaze 1s I just got, it'll be a purchase well made
And @vood99, I wish it was as easy to walk in a brick and mortar store and try on kicks and walk out with a pair, and not get weird looks when I tell them what size I'm looking for.

Sweet. This will actually be my 3rd pair of Reebok's I've bought in a row. Count me as one of those disgruntled with Nike/Jordan's quality and high prices.

The quality on the Big Hurt is out of this world, I'm sorry but my picture does not do it justice. The shoe is much, much, much better looking in person. And both of these shoes are extremely comfortable to wear !

Patiently waiting on the next two OG colorways of the Blast, love the comfort of this shoe! Not to mention the look of it. 

Blasts will definitely be next for me. And it's a shame the Big Hurt never made it to retail. Well, more so than samples and overseas. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that. Both are awesome looking shoes

Yeah the Big Hurt will probably never release in the US officially, but it is what it is, there a ton of other models I want to see.

Probably the same situation with the Swingman. I know it was everywhere in the NBA in the mid 90s, kind of like Reebok's version of the Air Way Up. I would still love to see it officially brought back. Along with the many other models in the vault. Main thing I remember from that time were Reebok's eye-catching sig models, most of which we've seen already in some form by now. We can hope and hope, though.

Probably the same situation with the Swingman. I know it was everywhere in the NBA in the mid 90s, kind of like Reebok's version of the Air Way Up. I would still love to see it officially brought back. Along with the many other models in the vault. Main thing I remember from that time were Reebok's eye-catching sig models, most of which we've seen already in some form by now. We can hope and hope, though.
Yeah the Swingman was one of my favorite models back in 95, not sure what the hell Reebok is thinking and why are they not releasing it, I am OK even with making them limited. 
 would you say the blast is the most comfortable reebok retro not named the questions?
I am definitely between the Rail and the Blast for the top comfort among the retros. 

Last edited:
would you say the blast is the most comfortable reebok retro not named the questions?

Just a heads up NK, the Blast cushioning needs to be broken in. Once it is broken in, it's actually slightly better than the Rail, Kami I & II. I haven't quite broken in my Question pair so I can't comment on the Blast Vs. the Question.

The Shaqnosis actually surprised me with how comfortable they were after wearing them for a few hours at a time, other than the common complaints of pinching on the top of the toebox, and even then for me it was barely noticeable.

Patiently waiting on the next two OG colorways of the Blast, love the comfort of this shoe! Not to mention the look of it. 

What's the 3rd OG CW coming? I know the black/white/blue is coming, but what's the other one?

Just a heads up NK, the Blast cushioning needs to be broken in. Once it is broken in, it's actually slightly better than the Rail, Kami I & II. I haven't quite broken in my Question pair so I can't comment on the Blast Vs. the Question.

Wow really? I need a pair then

What's the 3rd OG CW coming? I know the black/white/blue is coming, but what's the other one?
The Write/Black/Nightshade, or how we called it back than white/black/purple one, its going to be interesting if they release it at all. 

Last edited:
Thinking back about the Swingman.
I can't find the commercial with Cassell, kenny Anderson, and I think terrel Brandon. They were talking in a coffee shop about their basketball moves. Was a nice one

So we all know the Reebok Rafter is coming back. In my opinion its not a bad looking shoe. But I feel that Reebok has other better models they could of have picked example: Reebok Optix, Reebok Icepick Mid, Reebok Pump SXT, Reebok Pump Arsenal, Reebok ATR pump vertical 3, Reebok Avant Guard, Reebok Supreme Mid etc. If Reebok wants to bring back out some real heat. They should retro the ones that I have just mentioned. Those Reebok kicks right there are just ''MIND-BLOWING'' well to me they are!
wink.gif
nerd.gif

Reebok Optix

Reebok Icepick Mid

Reebok Pump SXT

Reebok Pump Arsenal

Reebok ATR pump vertical 3

Reebok Avant Guard

Reebok Supreme Mid

Back
Top Bottom