NEW YORK CITY IS THE BEST CITY IN THE WORLD vol. I DARE SOMEONE DISPROVE ME BASED ON FACTS

Did one dude say Toronto and NYC>all ....
laugh.gif
foo just fall back you're talking about Canada right??? Boi stop playing with wolverines

no i haven't but just because they are the best to live doesn't mean they'll offer the best living experience. don't even try to tell meFishers, Indiana or Overland Park, Kansas are poppin towns. They got a Walmart and a gas station and thats it.

I know Norman got the school but cmon really? Okla football? its cool i guess

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by northparkblind

HERE ARE THE BEST 10 PLACES TO LIVE.

1. Plymouth, MN
2. Fort Collins, CO
3. Naperville, IL
4. Irvine, CA
5. Franklin Township, NJ
6. Norman, OK
7. Round Rock, TX
8. Columbia/Ellicott City, MD
9. Overland Park, KS
10. Fishers, IN

As you can see, NY is not on the top ten places to live.
sorry if i offend someone, but why would you want to live in ANY of these cities?
so i googled the news for some of these places and here are the highlights of their days
"Fort collins now has more bike enforcment"
"grandmother to host art show"
"dog gives reading lessons"
"company to inspect fire extinguishers"
"man finds his cat"
"Bingo night is back on for the elderly"
"boy finds turtle shaped rock in his backyard"

roll.gif

Def sounds like a poppin city that i would love to be in
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Plymouth, MN #1

Topnotch schools, good jobs, affordable housing, low crime, an active outdoor culture - yep, they're pretty much all here. Plymouth could have become just another Twin Cities suburb, but more than 50,000 jobs keep residents working there.
Home prices are within reason: The typical three-bedroom, two-bath house goes for $350,000. The city's main school district is ranked among the top three in the state, and for culture, Plymouth's open-air amphitheater, the Hilde Performance Center, hosts numerous summer concerts. Residents are a quick drive from the Mall of America, the nation's biggest mall.

And did we mention the outdoors? Plymouth boasts more than half a dozen sizable bodies of water. Of course, this being Minnesota, winter can be brutal: January's average low temperature is about 13°F. But when the mercury plummets, the locals get busy. In February the city hosts a Fire & Ice Festival that includes mini-golf, bowling and basketball - all right on the ice.

Fort Collins, CO #2

One of the first things you notice about this Rocky Mountain city is that practically every new road has a bike lane. Even the wheelless can get in on the action now that Fort Collins has a bike library: Residents and visitors can check out a bicycle for up to seven days, free.
The city's Old Town historic district contains four microbreweries and more than two dozen restaurants. Bioscience and tech companies, including Agilent Technologies, Hewlett-Packard and Kodak, keep employment opportunities high. Colorado State University occupies a scenic spot in the middle of town. And the city just received a grant from the Department of Energy to start a solar-energy project downtown.

As for health care, the award-winning Poudre Valley Health System will soon be home to a brand-new cancer center. While the excellent schools have been overcrowded in recent years, officials have taken steps by moving some grades to different buildings.

Naperville, IL #3

It's no wonder Naperville has made Money's Best Places list three times now. The walkable downtown area is packed with restaurants and shops. The popular Riverwalk is a nearly two-mile brick path that follows the DuPage River's course through town.
Naperville's proximity to Chicago is a plus, but there are plenty of jobs to be had right here. Edward Hospital and Nicor Gas employ more than 8,000 people between them, and companies such as BP America, Lucent and Tellabs have offices in town.

Graduates of the city's schools handily outscore state and national averages on college entrance exams. And Naperville's public library is ranked the best in the nation among small cities by Hennen's American Public Library Ratings. On the downside, housing is pricier here than in some nearby suburbs; the typical three-bedroom, two-bath house runs $380,000. And congestion on the city's major roads can slow traffic to a crawl.

ect....

It's not about the entertainment that makes a state/city great.

Unless thats all you care about.

If so, NY is your state.

Originally Posted by northparkblind

ect....

It's not about the entertainment that makes a state/city great.

Unless thats all you care about.

If so, NY is your state.
I guess at the end of the day it depends on the person. I rather have entertainment over bike lanes any day

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Tell me what you have in NYC besides a big park and wall street that I cant get in D/FW or L.A. or Miami?

accessibility to almost everything you'd need right outside your door.
Like?? I can walk out my door and get the same things.

I get that yall have the Statue of Liberty, cool. How often do you really go there? What can you walk outside your door and get that I cant get?

I can also drive my own car there and not have to wait around for a train.

can you go and watch broadway plays? and maybe i want to go to the tribeca film festival, maybe i want to go to the food festival with hundreds of foods from hundreds of countries. on the same avenue. say i want to see the macys thanksgiving parade.. or check out conventions at the jacob javits center, the list goes on my friend.. Point is that NY is so alive 24/7 there is always something going on and something to do. you will never be bored.

and all this i can do in the same day.. without having a car.. because guess what.. a 2 dollar metro card will take me there.
pimp.gif

Ok, you have Broadway plays, I will give you that but its not like we dont have places to go and watch plays or the opera, etc..

We have food festivals, art festivals, wine festivals. We have convention centers, arenas, stadiums.

Every major city has that stuff, its not like yall are any different.

Im not board either.

Greatest city on Earth
pimp.gif

Living there was expensive but fun.

and lets not talk about horrible basketball teams.

Thugnificence wrote:

this man knows the truth...

California is just better than NY in every aspect imaginable...

but sure NYC is a solid city, but i'd rather have a great state all around... that one great city & garbage for the rest of them

laugh.gif
at "great state all around", as if you live inall those cities. You're clearly a "quantity over quality" type person. A large percentage of Cali is covered in farmland, just like NY is.California has an obvious size advantage and has more coastal area, giving it better opportunities to have flourishing cities. There are plenty of largercities in NY...Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo, Ithaca, etc. that have large populations and urban settings.

The thing with New York City is that it offers EVERYTHING that your entire state can offer...except for the women. If I wanted overweight or plastic surgerygalore, i'd hit up Texas or California.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Greatest city on Earth
pimp.gif

we'll have the king soon enough
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

If I wanted overweight or plastic surgery galore, i'd hit up Texas or California.

I love how everyone generalizes. Especially since 90% of you havent even been to the places you are criticizing.

Thats like me saying "If I want some over tanned, orange, Guido ill go to NYC"

But you just keep living in your close minded world where you think all that comes out of Texas is cows, horses, and fat people.

Originally Posted by enigma586

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Greatest city on Earth
pimp.gif

we'll have the king soon enough
pimp.gif
It ain't even that.

I think sometimes when Cali heads around here talk about the Knicks they forget their state harbors the Clippers, Warriors and Kings at one time every season.So they essentially get 3 automatic Ls to start and that's assuming the Lakers even do anything.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Thugnificence wrote:

this man knows the truth...

California is just better than NY in every aspect imaginable...

but sure NYC is a solid city, but i'd rather have a great state all around... that one great city & garbage for the rest of them
laugh.gif
at "great state all around", as if you live in all those cities. You're clearly a "quantity over quality" type person. A large percentage of Cali is covered in farmland, just like NY is. California has an obvious size advantage and has more coastal area, giving it better opportunities to have flourishing cities. There are plenty of larger cities in NY...Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo, Ithaca, etc. that have large populations and urban settings.

The thing with New York City is that it offers EVERYTHING that your entire state can offer...except for the women. If I wanted overweight or plastic surgery galore, i'd hit up Texas or California.

I'm glad you brought up the coast. The Pacific Ocean > Gulf of Mexico>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Atlantic Ocean
sick.gif

The thing about the larger cities in NY is... who would actually choose to live in those places? Albany? Syracuse? Buffalo ? Ithaca?
sick.gif
roll.gif
I imagine those people living in those cities claim NYC similar to how people that live in Gilroy and Sacramento claim the Bay Area
laugh.gif

I like NYC but it most definitely can not offer everything that California offers. Oh yeah, of course all the women here are those plastic barbie dolls you seeon MTV
indifferent.gif
Just like how NYC is all hoodrats and hipsters.
grin.gif
Ridiculous

If the city of Long Beach or even LA's port were to shut down, your shoes, clothes, cars, and basically everything coming from overseas wouldn't makeit to the united states.

Plus isn't it like 85% of all the weed in the united states originate from the bay area?

Back
Top Bottom