NEW YORK CITY IS THE BEST CITY IN THE WORLD vol. I DARE SOMEONE DISPROVE ME BASED ON FACTS

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Cool, the rest of your state sucks though.
No doubt.
and that is exactly why Cali>NY
Alot of states are better than NY if you compare states and not cities.

Cali, Texas, Florida >>> NY
Wait wait wait, so lemme get this straight. Your states are struggling to find reasons why they compare to our city yet by some sort of logic those states are greater than NY as a whole. Riiiiiiight
eyes.gif
No, not really. I am saying yeah NYC is probably the best city in the U.S. but that is all that state has to offer.

I can go to Dallas and get the same big city, fashion, entertainment options that that NYC has. Or I can go 30 minutes west and hit up Ft. Worth to get a more laid back atmosphere and a real "southern" feel. Or, I could go 3 hours down the road to Austin which is the live music capital of the U.S. and party on 6th street. I can continue down the road to San Antonio or head to H-Town, Galveston or Corpus if I want a beach.

Same goes for Cali. Go to L.A. or San Fransisco if you want a big city atmosphere. Or you can go to San Diego, etc...

So in summary, you can keep NYC, but I will take the State of Texas over the State of New York any day of the week.

Texas has better football, food, weather, and women

I want to go visit Texas in the near future, particularly Austin (SXSW
pimp.gif
)Is Texas as racist as people make it out to be or is that completely overblown?

As a mid-west guy this is really getting tired. Yea, NY gets a lot of hate buy NY cats act like they don't encourage this kinda bull...a lot of them go outof their way to say NY>>>wherever. Cats from LA, Chicago, San Francisco don't do that...if they don't care for a certain city/state they keeptheir mouth shut about it. I'd say that LA and NYC are equal...they both have their strong points but is there really anything in NYC that you can't doin LA and vice versa? I just don't get that pretentious vibe from West Coast cats and that's why you see this type of stuff pop up.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I want to go visit Texas in the near future, particularly Austin (SXSW
pimp.gif
) Is Texas as racist as people make it out to be or is that completely overblown?
I love Texas, but I am biased though because I was born here. I have lived in Pennsylvania and Florida and I didnt think they compared. Floridaisn't bad, didnt like Pennsylvania at all.

There are obviously racists, but I think its is overblown. I mean I wouldn't go wondering off into the backwoods or anything but you will be fine in majorareas like Dallas, Ft. Worth, H-Town, Austin, El Paso, etc....

I live in Arlington which is right between Dallas and Ft. Worth and I like it. Austin is awesome though, I would love to live there.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

when you have to compare a whole STATE(or Regions) to a city... you've already lost
Im comparing states, but we can talk cities. Tell me what you have in NYC besides a big park and wall street that I cant get in D/FW or L.A. orMiami?

I can live my life without ever going back to NYC its just not for me. Everything a young black man is looking for up there can be found in Atl, Miami, Houstonor Vegas.

No doubt.

Wait wait wait, so lemme get this straight. Your states are struggling to find reasons why they compare to our city yet by some sort of logic those states are greater than NY as a whole. Riiiiiiight
eyes.gif
No, not really. I am saying yeah NYC is probably the best city in the U.S. but that is all that state has to offer.

I can go to Dallas and get the same big city, fashion, entertainment options that that NYC has. Or I can go 30 minutes west and hit up Ft. Worth to get a more laid back atmosphere and a real "southern" feel. Or, I could go 3 hours down the road to Austin which is the live music capital of the U.S. and party on 6th street. I can continue down the road to San Antonio or head to H-Town, Galveston or Corpus if I want a beach.

Same goes for Cali. Go to L.A. or San Fransisco if you want a big city atmosphere. Or you can go to San Diego, etc...

So in summary, you can keep NYC, but I will take the State of Texas over the State of New York any day of the week.

roll.gif
@ food and women. Youserious doggy? When you have the amount of cultures, people, and background's of people as NYC, the possibilities for food and women are endless. Not tomention you can usually walk from one neighborhood to another and feel like you are in a new country for a few blocks. That's the beauty of a city like NewYork or Toronto. One block people say Asalamalaikum, the next say Wagwan, the next say Hola, the next say Ni Hao, and the next say Hello. In Texas, all youhave is Howdy and Que Pasa.

Not to mention the cultural spots like museums, galleries, parks, etc. Then you got the business aspect, political aspect, etc. Real talk, New York could beits own country.
And your talking about the state of Texas? Where it takes hours to get from one city to the next? In New York it takes half hour and all you do is hop on atrain.

NY>Toronto>All

BTW I'm from Toronto but spent alot of time growing up in New York. And yes, I've been to Cali too. And yes, I'll probably check out Texas someday, because I'm all about seeing the world.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

In Texas, all you have is Howdy and Que Pasa.

Way to generalize.

Have you even been down here? You act like Texas doesn't have different ethnic groups.

roll.gif
@ food and women. You serious doggy?

Dead serious. This is a case of preference though.

And your talking about the state of Texas? Where it takes hours to get from one city to the next? In New York it takes half hour and all you do is hop on a train.

Having your own car> public transportation

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

when you have to compare a whole STATE(or Regions) to a city... you've already lost
Im comparing states, but we can talk cities. Tell me what you have in NYC besides a big park and wall street that I cant get in D/FW or L.A. or Miami?

I posted all this before,
Statue of liberty, Madison square garden, Elis island, Times square, NY public Library, Macy's parade, NY marathon, World famous ninth avenue internationalfood festival , Ice skateing in rockefeller center or bryant park under a christmas tree while it snows, US tennis open, american natural museum of history,The Metropolitan Museum of Art, broadway,

Originally Posted by LeftyKB8

As a mid-west guy this is really getting tired. Yea, NY gets a lot of hate buy NY cats act like they don't encourage this kinda bull...a lot of them go out of their way to say NY>>>wherever. Cats from LA, Chicago, San Francisco don't do that...if they don't care for a certain city/state they keep their mouth shut about it. I'd say that LA and NYC are equal...they both have their strong points but is there really anything in NYC that you can't do in LA and vice versa? I just don't get that pretentious vibe from West Coast cats and that's why you see this type of stuff pop up.

pimp.gif

I've been to NYC, and it's one of the greatest cities I've ever been to, and everyone needs to visit that place once in their life, but I'llstill always ALWAYS come back to Cali. Nothing compares to the laid back vibes and sunshine pretty much all year round.

Tell me what you have in NYC besides a big park and wall street that I cant get in D/FW or L.A. or Miami?

accessibility to almost everything you'd need right outside your door.

No doubt.

eyes.gif

roll.gif
@ food and women. You serious doggy? When you have the amount of cultures, people, and background's of people as NYC, the possibilities for food and women are endless. Not to mention you can usually walk from one neighborhood to another and feel like you are in a new country for a few blocks. That's the beauty of a city like New York or Toronto. One block people say Asalamalaikum, the next say Wagwan, the next say Hola, the next say Ni Hao, and the next say Hello. In Texas, all you have is Howdy and Que Pasa.

Not to mention the cultural spots like museums, galleries, parks, etc. Then you got the business aspect, political aspect, etc. Real talk, New York could be its own country.
And your talking about the state of Texas? Where it takes hours to get from one city to the next? In New York it takes half hour and all you do is hop on a train.

NY>Toronto>All

BTW I'm from Toronto but spent alot of time growing up in New York. And yes, I've been to Cali too. And yes, I'll probably check out Texas some day, because I'm all about seeing the world.

Are you serious doggy??? I've seen your food(the majority of my family from NYC) and believe me it doesn't have !@+@ on southern cooking....andwomen...do you really want to talk women...atl, mia, Houston...have a whole different breed of women down here...not like some of them rough, dude talkingfemales you call women...besides yall on a drought when it comes to women...all of them damn people in your city and men still out number the women...man yeahit's a melting pot all right...melting pot of ball park franks

I'm a London kid, but NY is the greatest city in the world..

It's the place of dreams, I have never felt such a buzz and atmosphere as when I have been in the city.

pimp.gif

Tell me what you have in NYC besides a big park and wall street that I cant get in D/FW or L.A. or Miami?

Like?? I can walk out my door and get the same things.

I get that yall have the Statue of Liberty, cool. How often do you really go there? What can you walk outside your door and get that I cant get?

I can also drive my own car there and not have to wait around for a train.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

No doubt.

eyes.gif

roll.gif
@ food and women. You serious doggy? When you have the amount of cultures, people, and background's of people as NYC, the possibilities for food and women are endless. Not to mention you can usually walk from one neighborhood to another and feel like you are in a new country for a few blocks. That's the beauty of a city like New York or Toronto. One block people say Asalamalaikum, the next say Wagwan, the next say Hola, the next say Ni Hao, and the next say Hello. In Texas, all you have is Howdy and Que Pasa.

Not to mention the cultural spots like museums, galleries, parks, etc. Then you got the business aspect, political aspect, etc. Real talk, New York could be its own country.

NY>Toronto>All

BTW I'm from Toronto but spent alot of time growing up in New York. And yes, I've been to Cali too. And yes, I'll probably check out Texas some day, because I'm all about seeing the world.

Are you serious doggy??? I've seen your food(the majority of my family from NYC) and believe me it doesn't have !@+@ on southern cooking....and women...do you really want to talk women...atl, mia, Houston...have a whole different breed of women down here...not like some of them rough, dude talking females you call women...besides yall on a drought when it comes to women...all of them damn people in your city and men still out number the women...man yeah it's a melting pot all right...melting pot of ball park franks
But they have the best pizza!...

grin.gif

HERE ARE THE BEST 10 PLACES TO LIVE.

1. Plymouth, MN
2. Fort Collins, CO
3. Naperville, IL
4. Irvine, CA
5. Franklin Township, NJ
• See the top 100
6. Norman, OK
7. Round Rock, TX
8. Columbia/Ellicott City, MD
9. Overland Park, KS
10. Fishers, IN

As you can see, NY is not on the top ten places to live.

1. Plymouth, MN
2. Fort Collins, CO
3. Naperville, IL
4. Irvine, CA
5. Franklin Township, NJ
6. Norman, OK
7. Round Rock, TX
9. Overland Park, KS
10. Fishers, IN

New York City is definitely a nice place to visit. I last visited the city back in 2004.

Unfortunately, it isn't my cup of tea, as far as living there and weather is concerned.

Like?? I can walk out my door and get the same things.

I get that yall have the Statue of Liberty, cool. How often do you really go there? What can you walk outside your door and get that I cant get?

I can also drive my own car there and not have to wait around for a train.

I can see the statue of liberty from my window every night lol.
Also what if your car brakes down,. what happens now? we can easily still go through our day with no problem.. wat do you do?

and its the accessibility of nyc that is so great. If i want i can go pick up an asian chick in chinatown.. walk a a couple of blocks into lil italy.. .. walka couple more blocks. bag me a white chick in the village.. No car needed.

can you go and watch broadway plays? and maybe i want to go to the tribeca film festival, maybe i want to go to the food festival with hundreds of foods fromhundreds of countries. on the same avenue. say i want to see the macys thanksgiving parade.. or check out conventions at the jacob javits center, the list goeson my friend.. Point is that NY is so alive 24/7 there is always something going on and something to do. you will never be bored.

and all this i can do in the same day.. without having a car.. because guess what.. a 2 dollar metro card will take me there.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by northparkblind

1. Plymouth, MN
2. Fort Collins, CO
3. Naperville, IL
4. Irvine, CA
5. Franklin Township, NJ
6. Norman, OK
7. Round Rock, TX
9. Overland Park, KS
10. Fishers, IN

sorry if i offend someone, but why would you want to live in ANY of these cities?

Back
Top Bottom