NEW YORK CITY IS THE BEST CITY IN THE WORLD vol. I DARE SOMEONE DISPROVE ME BASED ON FACTS

Another lame NYC thread, great
laugh.gif

I hate Francesa with a passion for some reason
laugh.gif
I can't stand his face his voice everything urks me.. Especially his shows on Sunday night football.. ijust cant stand listing or watching him..

One thing that i didn't mention. NYC is PPPFFT for their food and restaurant selection. that's one thing i love is always trying out new foods. idon't even have to leave Brooklyn and i can try about 15 differnt styles of food from different ethnic backgrounds.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

While the OP threw out a bunch of irrelavant things that most people won't be involved with... Here are some tangible things people can actually partake in. If I want the feel of a big city, I'll go to San Francisco (which isn't slacking in it's transit system or cultural interests either.) If I want to get away from the city, I have a ton of different options. One can go to the mountains or to the beach within 2 hours. We have a ton of great national parks all within close proximity. California has the best public university system in the nation. We've also got some of the best private universities, such as Stanford, CalTech, the Claremont schools, USC, etc. The best restaurant in the US also happens to be in northern California (The French Laundry.) We also have the highest level of innovation in the entire world. How many of the things you use today were created in Silicon Valley? The relatively sunny weather year round is pretty nice too. I like being able to leave the house in just a light jacket during the winter. Some people like the bitter cold and snow so maybe they'd like NYC more.

So yeah, at the end of the day, California (the Bay Area in particular) > NYC
ohwell.gif
- There are beaches, mountains, camping grounds, hiking trails, etc. all within a couple of hours from NYC. Oh, and there's Central Park.
- NY (city and state) has some GREAT colleges. Columbia, NYU, the CUNY/SUNY schools, which offers a great education for an affordable tuition, and many others.
- If you're talking about relevance...how is the best restaurant in the U.S. and the Silicon Valley relevant to you? Do YOU eat there every day? Do you work in the tech field? They're as relevant as the Financial District and Real Estate are to us.
- It's obviously colder here in NYC, but bitter cold and snow? Maybe one month out of the year. Can't say anything about the sunny weather in SF, but there are plenty of cities that have similar weather.
- Congested roadways? Name ONE city that doesn't have congested roadways during rush hour.
- The "constant hustle and sense of rush must be taxing on the body and mind" if you can't handle it. But then again, in what corporate setting is anxiety and rush NOT prevalent?
- NYC has a great art scene...but you named the most overrated and boring museum there is: The MOMA.

So yeah, at the end of the day, you're doing to same thing as everyone else.
- Central Park is awesome
laugh.gif

- No one is discounting the good schools in NY but since we're talking about the best I felt I had to mention that California's university systemtrumps any others in the entire nation.
- The mention of the best restaurant in the nation and Silicon Valley are just to highlight the kinds of opportunity and innovation out here. A restaurant isfar more accessible than Park Ave. am I right? Not that NYC doesn't have great dining because it does. I'm just saying we've got really greatrestaurants out here. Silicon Valley's innovation directly reflects on our lives here in California. There's a direct relationship between theinnovation there and the quality of education and opportunity we have. It's all tied together.
- Maybe I haven't experienced real cold then. I went to NYC in the winter before and it was terrible
- I've never experienced traffic worse than that in NYC other than LA
laugh.gif
smh.gif

- The anxiety and rush I'm talking about extends further out than just the corporate setting though. People in NY have zero patience and always seem to berunning from point A to point B.
- I'm obviously not a NYC regular so I can't speak on the art scene. I can imagine the MOMA being boring if it's somewhere you frequent, like anyother museum. You'd be hardpressed to find a place in the US with a more comprehensive collection of contemporary art though (other than in Chicago andSF.)

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

You can't just compare SF to NYC because SF is a relatively tiny city (it's a 7mi x 7mi box )
eh?

Manhattan is only 34 sq miles
SF is 230 sq miles
big L

Truth hurt. that means nyc is 6.76 times better than SF.

The rest of you squares are corny.

There's only one capital of the world and that's NEW YORK CITY.

You're ignorant to what you can't grasp.
You're envious of what you don't have.
You're jealous that on a global scale, y'all swagger is local hype and ours is Internationally respected.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

You can't just compare SF to NYC because SF is a relatively tiny city (it's a 7mi x 7mi box )
eh?

Manhattan is only 34 sq miles
SF is 230 sq miles
SF is 46 sq miles not counting the surrounding water. Most of it is residential unlike Manhattan.

edit: to be fair, Manhattan is only 22 sq miles not counting water. It's not the most densely populated area in the US for nothing. SF is right behind itthough at number 2.

NYC > Cali

Let me explain why Cali is huge and all it's major cities are separated from one another. The five NYC boroughs > Cali as a state.

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

Oh yea Mike Francesa > any sports radio host in the world. And guess where he's from?
He's from Long Island
grin.gif
BUT he went to St. Johns and isa huge yankee fan so I still love the guy.

NYC is the most culturally significant city in the country. No other city holds the weight, the burden, the opportunity, the importance of New York. Thehistory of New York goes hand in hand with the history of America (and in some ways the world...immigration, etc). Watch the documentary "New York"if you don't believe me, by i believe Ken Burns brother or son or some relative. Not a Ken Burns doc but done in the same style in every way. It'sgreat.

I personally love NYC and I live and grew up in LA. However those winter months in NY are just brutal. After a week vacationing in NY during Dec, I was glad tobe back home in 70 degree Southern California.

Your city is the most important, not the best...all that stuff you listed I doubt you part take in like staying on park ave buddy...or working in some of thosemajor companies doggy....the average niketalker cares about food, females, clothes, entertainment...you have the fashion, but that about it...

And I'm
roll.gif
at that snoop gif

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Originally Posted by Nati P

Co-sign. Who the **** is this clown, Ohio > Any state he ever been to.
ohio%20flag.jpg

Don't tell me Ohio is > than FL. Call me when the Buckeyes beat the Gators for once.....

[h1]Buckeyes Cage Gators, 62-49[/h1] [table][tr][td]Courtesy: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Release: 12/22/2007[/td] [/tr][/table]
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Ohio State is no longer Gator bait.

It's a long way from making up for all the grief that Florida has dished out to Ohio State over the last year, but the Buckeyes got a tiny measure of revenge Saturday with a 62-49 victory over the Gators.

It was a rematch of the schools in last year's national championship games in basketball and football, matchups the Gators won handily.

The win was special for Ohio State's players.

"To get beat in a national championship game, to be 40 minutes away from beating the best team in the nation, it's always going to stick in a player's mind," said https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87805&SPID=10421&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1057555Jamar Butler, the only returning starter from either team from last April's basketball title game.

https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87805&SPID=10421&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1293036Kosta Koufos led the Buckeyes (8-3) with 17 points, Butler had 13 and https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87805&SPID=10421&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1057547David Lighty added 11 for Ohio State, which won its fourth straight game and seems to be gaining much-needed confidence as it draws closer to its Big Ten opener on Jan. 3 at Illinois.

The Florida game was circled on coach https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87805&SPID=10421&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1057541Thad Matta's calendar, sort of.

"I said in front of the team to Jamar the other day, 'They don't know what we've had to live with," Matta said of the lingering memories of losses to Florida. "I view Florida as one of the premier teams in college basketball right now. Last year we won 35 games and lost four -- and two of them were to them. This meant a lot to me."

Jai Lucas was the only Florida player in double figures with 11 points. The Gators (11-2), who shot just 33 percent from the field, were facing perhaps their toughest test of the season. They had yet to leave the state of Florida and had played most of their games before raucous, partisan crowds.

Ohio State figured it owed Florida. After all, the Gators didn't just beat the Buckeyes twice last year on the court -- 86-60 in Gainesville in the regular season and 84-75 in the national title game in Atlanta -- but also put a 41-14 beatdown on the football team in last January's national championship game in Glendale, Ariz.

"It's a new year," Lighty said. "We came in and made it a big game."

Florida was averaging 83 points but never came close to getting untracked offensively as Ohio State's defense set the tempo throughout.

"We've got a long way to go to be a good team, a competitive team, at this level," Florida coach Billy Donovan said. "I did not see our team shooting in the second half with great confidence."

In a weird statistical irony, the Gators were 4-for-23 on 3-pointers -- exactly what Ohio State was in the title game against Florida.

"It was a role reversal," Donovan said.

The teams were mere shadows of those that squared off in the finals last April 2 in the Georgia Dome. The teams had eight players taken in the NBA draft, including five of the top 10 picks.

Florida scored the first seven points, holding the Buckeyes scoreless for the first 4 1/2 minutes until https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87805&SPID=10421&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1057535Othello Hunter finally converted Ohio State's seventh shot.

But the Gators then drifted, possibly because of Ohio State's nasty zone or their own lack of efficiency or patience on offense. The Gators managed just four points over a span of almost seven minutes, watching as the Buckeyes took a 12-11 lead.

And that wasn't Florida's only lapse. It didn't have a field goal from the 9:13 mark until a steal and rapid-fire layup by Nick Calathes with two seconds remaining in the half.

The Buckeyes led 32-22 at halftime and the lead never fell below double digits in the second half. They led by as many as 18 points and coasted to the finish.

The place was primed for some payback, with a capacity crowd lustily booing the Gators at every opportunity. Several fans in the Ohio State student section wore crude, self-scrawled T-shirts with obscenities directed at Florida. The crowd waved red glow sticks when the lights were turned down for the introduction of the starting lineups, and several fans were less that welcoming when Donovan strode onto the court before the game.

"You could tell after what they did to us and to the football team that this was extra special for them," Butler said of Ohio State's fans.

Guess you didn't see this game huh?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Your city is the most important, not the best...all that stuff you listed I doubt you part take in like staying in park ave buddy...or working in some of those major companies....the average nikeralker cares about food, females, clothes, entertainment...you have the fashion, but that about it...
we have all of those and they're all top quality compared to the rest of the country

and i work for a major company and stay at a friends crib on park ave all the time

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I personally love NYC and I live and grew up in LA. However those winter months in NY are just brutal. After a week vacationing in NY during Dec, I was glad to be back home in 70 degree Southern California.
rockefeller-center-christmas-tree_6648.jpg

Christmas in NYC > Christmas in Cali
Christmas just isnt christmas without the snow.
Ice skateing in rockefeller center or bryant park under a christmas tree while it snows =
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Co-sign. Who the **** is this clown, Ohio > Any state he ever been to.
ohio%20flag.jpg

Don't tell me Ohio is > than FL. Call me when the Buckeyes beat the Gators for once.....
Guess you didn't see this game huh?
smile.gif
Naw cause it didn't matter. Y'all still 0-2 against UF when it matters and y'all choke every year anyways. LSU beat y'all Texasbeat y'all with a last second TD pass last year
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. Y'all suck. OSU is a perfect depiction of the suckiness of your state. Keep watching OSU choke on d every year, it sounds like fun.

Back
Top Bottom