NEW YORK CITY IS THE BEST CITY IN THE WORLD vol. I DARE SOMEONE DISPROVE ME BASED ON FACTS

Instead of coming in here and bashing NYC why dont you guys get together and make a thread with FACTS about why your city is better.

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Originally Posted by Nati P

Co-sign. Who the **** is this clown, Ohio > Any state he ever been to.
ohio%20flag.jpg

Don't tell me Ohio is > than FL. Call me when the Buckeyes beat the Gators for once.....
Guess you didn't see this game huh?
smile.gif
Naw cause it didn't matter. Y'all still 0-2 against UF when it matters and y'all choke every year anyways. LSU beat y'all Texas beat y'all with a last second TD pass last year
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. Y'all suck. OSU is a perfect depiction of the suckiness of your state. Keep watching OSU choke on d every year, it sounds like fun.
please keep the "y'alls" to a minimum in an NYC thread kthxbye

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Think about like this, we are so good that if any country decides to attack the US you know they planning a hit on NY first.
laugh.gif

I'm currently in S. FL and I like it, but facts are facts.
pimp.gif
lmao jose...I wouldnt really brag about that..but ok.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Co-sign. Who the **** is this clown, Ohio > Any state he ever been to.
ohio%20flag.jpg

Don't tell me Ohio is > than FL. Call me when the Buckeyes beat the Gators for once.....
smile.gif
Naw cause it didn't matter. Y'all still 0-2 against UF when it matters and y'all choke every year anyways. LSU beat y'all Texas beat y'all with a last second TD pass last year
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. Y'all suck. OSU is a perfect depiction of the suckiness of your state. Keep watching OSU choke on d every year, it sounds like fun.
please keep the "y'alls" to a minimum in an NYC thread kthxbye
GO kick rocks.

NYC > ___.
and the op went in. damn. threw the haters under the bus, drove over them, backed up over them and drove over them again.

Everything you said is irrelevant, you said call you when they beat the gators for ONCE. I gave you 1 example of it happenin. I'm a UC fan so i couldntcare less when, where, or what they choke on.

[h1]Buckeyes Cage Gators, 62-49[/h1] [table][tr][td]Courtesy: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
[/td] [td][/td] [td]Release: 12/22/2007[/td] [/tr][/table]
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Ohio State is no longer Gator bait.

It's a long way from making up for all the grief that Florida has dished out to Ohio State over the last year, but the Buckeyes got a tiny measure of revenge Saturday with a 62-49 victory over the Gators.

It was a rematch of the schools in last year's national championship games in basketball and football, matchups the Gators won handily.

The win was special for Ohio State's players.

"To get beat in a national championship game, to be 40 minutes away from beating the best team in the nation, it's always going to stick in a player's mind," said https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87805&SPID=10421&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1057555Jamar Butler, the only returning starter from either team from last April's basketball title game.

https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87805&SPID=10421&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1293036Kosta Koufos led the Buckeyes (8-3) with 17 points, Butler had 13 and https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87805&SPID=10421&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1057547David Lighty added 11 for Ohio State, which won its fourth straight game and seems to be gaining much-needed confidence as it draws closer to its Big Ten opener on Jan. 3 at Illinois.

The Florida game was circled on coach https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87805&SPID=10421&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1057541Thad Matta's calendar, sort of.

"I said in front of the team to Jamar the other day, 'They don't know what we've had to live with," Matta said of the lingering memories of losses to Florida. "I view Florida as one of the premier teams in college basketball right now. Last year we won 35 games and lost four -- and two of them were to them. This meant a lot to me."

Jai Lucas was the only Florida player in double figures with 11 points. The Gators (11-2), who shot just 33 percent from the field, were facing perhaps their toughest test of the season. They had yet to leave the state of Florida and had played most of their games before raucous, partisan crowds.

Ohio State figured it owed Florida. After all, the Gators didn't just beat the Buckeyes twice last year on the court -- 86-60 in Gainesville in the regular season and 84-75 in the national title game in Atlanta -- but also put a 41-14 beatdown on the football team in last January's national championship game in Glendale, Ariz.

"It's a new year," Lighty said. "We came in and made it a big game."

Florida was averaging 83 points but never came close to getting untracked offensively as Ohio State's defense set the tempo throughout.

"We've got a long way to go to be a good team, a competitive team, at this level," Florida coach Billy Donovan said. "I did not see our team shooting in the second half with great confidence."

In a weird statistical irony, the Gators were 4-for-23 on 3-pointers -- exactly what Ohio State was in the title game against Florida.

"It was a role reversal," Donovan said.

The teams were mere shadows of those that squared off in the finals last April 2 in the Georgia Dome. The teams had eight players taken in the NBA draft, including five of the top 10 picks.

Florida scored the first seven points, holding the Buckeyes scoreless for the first 4 1/2 minutes until https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87805&SPID=10421&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1057535Othello Hunter finally converted Ohio State's seventh shot.

But the Gators then drifted, possibly because of Ohio State's nasty zone or their own lack of efficiency or patience on offense. The Gators managed just four points over a span of almost seven minutes, watching as the Buckeyes took a 12-11 lead.

And that wasn't Florida's only lapse. It didn't have a field goal from the 9:13 mark until a steal and rapid-fire layup by Nick Calathes with two seconds remaining in the half.

The Buckeyes led 32-22 at halftime and the lead never fell below double digits in the second half. They led by as many as 18 points and coasted to the finish.

The place was primed for some payback, with a capacity crowd lustily booing the Gators at every opportunity. Several fans in the Ohio State student section wore crude, self-scrawled T-shirts with obscenities directed at Florida. The crowd waved red glow sticks when the lights were turned down for the introduction of the starting lineups, and several fans were less that welcoming when Donovan strode onto the court before the game.

"You could tell after what they did to us and to the football team that this was extra special for them," Butler said of Ohio State's fans.

smile.gif

Yeah, but the Gaytards MASHED Y'all in the National Championship.

Total domination.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Originally Posted by AJChick23

It amazes me how often I see NY >____ threads.
its because NYers have delusions of grandeur about themselves...
Ironically enough 9/10 times these threads are started by non NY'ers claiming ____ > NYC. NYers come in to defend themselves and all of asudden they're full of themselves.

It must really suck where y'all from.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Ironically enough 9/10 times these threads are started by non NY'ers claiming ____ > NYC. NYers come in to defend themselves and all of a sudden they're full of themselves.

Naw. It's actually when a thread that has nothing to do with NY is made and it's about people getting trapped in elevators in Illinois and somearrogant pompous New Yorker comes through and says: "lol Illinois FTL. NYC > all. Glad I live in NYC." Then we gotta be reminded about how NYC isthis and that. Stop it, we don't care about precious NYC.

Damn I love NYC but these threads get so lame after the 80th time. I can't imagine how people from Cali feel
laugh.gif

I think the best thing to do it make no city threads for a long time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Your city is the most important, not the best...all that stuff you listed I doubt you part take in like staying in park ave buddy...or working in some of those major companies....the average nikeralker cares about food, females, clothes, entertainment...you have the fashion, but that about it...
we have all of those and they're all top quality compared to the rest of the country

and i work for a major company and stay at a friends crib on park ave all the time

That's a good look, but it seem like you the only 1 in this thread... As far as females and food go my city alone takes the cake along with the rest ofthese southern cities MIA, and houston....and I will throw the N.O. in there for food..as far as entertainment well every major city has it

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Ironically enough 9/10 times these threads are started by non NY'ers claiming ____ > NYC. NYers come in to defend themselves and all of a sudden they're full of themselves.

Naw. It's actually when a thread that has nothing to do with NY is made and it's about people getting trapped in elevators in Illinois and some arrogant pompous New Yorker comes through and says: "lol Illinois FTL. NYC > all. Glad I live in NYC." Then we gotta be reminded about how NYC is this and that. Stop it, we don't care about precious NYC.

This.

NYC may be the financial center of the Country, but us folks in DC are the ones who bail your !@%+# out.

I would rather be somewhere that has sun and beaches...for example, California.

Can't quote from my phone but dreClark, never did i ever say i was a o state fan so losin in championships mean nothin to me (orange bowl did though). Istated in my post above yours who my team is.

More about nyc

upper-west.gif
statue-of-liberty.gif
Union-Square.gif
Madison-Square-Garden.gif
rocafeller-center.gif
new-york-public-library-address.jpg

NYC PUBLIC LIBRARY- After the Library of Congress, this is the largest non-academic library in the United States.

bronx-zoo-address.jpg

south-street-seaport-address.jpg

The seaport
baseball-hall-of-fame-4.jpg

National Baseball hall of fame
thanksgivingparade.jpg

Macys thanksgiving parade
start_nyc_marathon_vertical.jpg

Famous NY marathon
9thAveFoodFestival_V1_460x285.jpg

World famous ninth avenue international food festival

new+york+fashion+week.png

NY fashion week
ny_firemen.jpg

NY firemen
wutangclan.jpg

Wu tang clan
Nas_konzert.jpg

GOAT- NAS
biggie-world-trade.jpg

942600924_7ba9d1ae06.jpg

Rock the bells in NY
Also = Big L, Big Pun, Beastie boys, De la soul, Erik B & Rakim, Jadakiss, Mos def,

Back
Top Bottom