NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
9-7? ill say 10-6 bruh.
i cant believe nobody seeing what Coach Shannahan is plotting in DC. Sun is patiently waiting for RGIII to fail so he can start Cousins. or at least thats how i feel. Then again i ask myself, What black QB flourished under Coach Shannahan anyways?
nerd.gif
please baby jesus let this happen..

RG3 needs to be in philly.. like i've said probably way too many times, he's steve young 2.0

the ******** can be to RG3 as the bucs were young

Yea there's actually tons of Ohio State players in the league right now, especially on current rosters. And most of them are very good other than Ted Ginn Jr, Bobby Carpenter, and Beanie Wells.

I'm mad this has even become an issue. Real talk, if that's how Prince is gonna carry himself I don't want him on my team. He can walk with that soft mess. He hasn't shown me anything on the field that would make me believe he's the caliber of player that you can overlook being soft.

Really over-reacting, its not that serious.

and Prince has not had the NFL reps as of yet since he was hurt, this is basically his first training camp.

what on earth ???????????
Antoine Winfield
James Laurainitis
Santonio Holmes
Nick Mangold
Will Smith
Terry Glenn
nate Clements
david Boston
Orlando pace
Antonio Winfield
Malcolm Jenkins
LeCharles bentley
Jamar Martin
Shawn Springs
Joey galloway
Eddie george
Korey Stringer
robert Smith
Yall Can NOT be serious. :smh:

Meh you are right. I will admit though I am biased against the Big 10 and I haven't been to impressed witht he NFL products coming out of there :rolleyes

i remember when dudes was telling me Merriman>>>Ware 
laugh.gif

the Giants should release JPP or Prince 
nerd.gif

devil.gif

Meh you are right. I will admit though I am biased against the Big 10 and I haven't been to impressed witht he NFL products coming out of there :rolleyes

Yeah you're right b/c players like Tom Brady, Charles Woodson, Plaxico Burress, Lamar woodley, Antwan Randle el Jake Long Mario Manningham, Leon Hall, ETC shouldn't impress you.

:smokin

Last edited:
Dudes haven't learned not to post stuff out on the net yet?? Some of these dudes got too much time on their hands.

it's mind blowing

the mentality of the masses to want to twitpic, instagram or WSHH everything whether good or bad

keeping things private is a thing of the past :smh:

its funny tho, A Lot of people calling Prince Soft for not fighting back but when Dez Bryant told roy williams to kick rocks when he tried to haze him it was viewed as soem sort of rebellion against tradition.

Dez was a rookie :\ Prince been in the L a year, granted he was hurt last year but still...

[Jayz]it's just different[Jayz]

it's mind blowing
the mentality of the masses to want to twitpic, instagram or WSHH everything whether good or bad
its funny tho, A Lot of people calling Prince Soft for not fighting back but when Dez Bryant told roy williams to kick rocks when he tried to haze him it was viewed as soem sort of rebellion against tradition.

Man I still remember when I first heard that story, real tears were shed :lol:

I checked out the NFL's Substance Abuse Policy and I didn't see anything concerning the length of the suspension. IDK why they left it ouf ot the new one.

The NY Media has over blown this NYG thing completely out of the water. Like it's not funny how stupid they sound.

It's obviously in good nature.

One reporter brought up the idea of JPP being disciplined because his language in the video was offensive to the public viewing and to Prince. Like seriously? JPP was just hype for tossing dude in the ice water.

Prince today said it was no big deal and they are all a family.

Last night Steve Weatherford apologized to the fans and tons of sorry tweets - WHY ARE YOU SORRY - it's all part of the NFL Locker room fun. What fan of the NYG was offended by that video?

I don't get it. Pure stupidity by anyone who took that video the wrong way.

He should be sorry for posting, what happens in the locker room should stay there (that saying now feels weird post Sandusky). But that's between teammates, public doesn't need to be involved because this is what happens

He's not a rookie anymore that was uncalled for....did anybody see that Dez Bryant catcn tho OMG!!!!!! Nastyyyy ooohhhhhhh

Last edited:
The NY Media has over blown this NYG thing completely out of the water. Like it's not funny how stupid they sound.
It's obviously in good nature.
One reporter brought up the idea of JPP being disciplined because his language in the video was offensive to the public viewing and to Prince. Like seriously? JPP was just hype for tossing dude in the ice water.
Prince today said it was no big deal and they are all a family.

Last night Steve Weatherford apologized to the fans and tons of sorry tweets - WHY ARE YOU SORRY - it's all part of the NFL Locker room fun. What fan of the NYG was offended by that video?
I don't get it. Pure stupidity by anyone who took that video the wrong way.

Good nature to who? Amukamara didn't look too thrilled. At all. Dude in the Giants thread said this was the 8th time they've gone at him. This is rookie hazing ****. Not something you do to a 2nd year player. Say what you want about it, but they (Giants defense) don't respect Amukamara at all. I also gotta agree with everyone who said that putting this on the net was moronic. That **** should have stayed in the locker room. Coughlin is pissed...and rightfully so.

*Didn't Jeremy Shockey punch a teammate over something along these lines when he was a rookie?

^^^^^^Cowboys receiving core is getting destroyed by the injury bug, Witten,Austin, now bryant.

Last edited:
Hali’s suspension arises from previously unreported violation of law
Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Tamba Hali AP

Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali has made his living slipping past blockers. At some point in the not-too-distant past, Hali and the team slipped an arrest, prosecution, and disposition of a criminal case past the media.

The decision of the NFL to suspend Hali for one game under the substance-abuse policy has created plenty of confusion, given that the substance-abuse policy as written doles out suspensions only in four-game and one-year chunks.

The exception arises when the player has violated the law.

In Hali’s case, the league office attributes the Hali suspension to just that — violation of the law that was previously unreported and undisclosed. This means that Hali has been arrested at some point for something relating to alcohol or marijuana or some other substance, and that the player, the team, and the league managed to keep the media from finding out about it.

Under the policy, a first offense for alcohol ordinarily results in a two-game fine only, barring aggravating circumstances. For second and subsequent offenses, a suspension is imposed. For offenses not involving alcohol, the first offense subjects the player to discipline of up to four games.

It’s our understanding, per a source with knowledge of the situation, that Hali’s offense likely involved marijuana, and that (as the league has announced) the penalty was a one-game suspension and a one-game fine.

The good news for the Chiefs is that it doesn’t mean Hali is in one of the advanced stages of the substance-abuse program, which would have put him on track for, eventually, a one-year banishment.

That said, the incident undoubtedly resulted in the placement of Hali in Stage One. Whether he emerges from the program or progresses to Stage Two or Stage Three depends at that point on whether he can choose football over the substance that got him in trouble with the law.

Last edited:
it's mind blowing
FTR I'm not calling him soft for not fighting back (though he's not a rookie anymore and should be holding his own). I'm calling him soft for acquiescing to the media tilt of the situation instead of immediately stepping up and saying it was nothing out of the ordinary. It's like indirectly complaining about it. He's come out now and addressed it but its kinda too late, the non-story has become a story. And also if he's getting picked on he needs to toughen up. You play for the defending champs. Man up and stand up for yourself. IDC if he's in his 10th year.

And I agree with everything Venom said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom