NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

I originally had Cunningham in my post, but hes like Vick...I already know hed do work. Hed be what Lamar Jackson strives to be.

I'm tryna think of dudes that were good, but maybe didn't have their break and such. I keep thinking Jeff George, but he was just a dickhead.

Someone like Flutie, Michael Bishop, maybe.

Elway would be insane in all this shotgun and with his athleticism he had early.. which is funny given dude wants someone who can go under center so badly

read option would be good for a guy like mcnabb

I mean I’m curious on Marino, but his lack of movement with the emphasis teams put on pass rush don’t know if playing today would be good for dude

I mean I’m curious on Marino, but his lack of movement with the emphasis teams put on pass rush don’t know if playing today would be good for dude

He had one of the quickest releases of all time. He'd be in the realm of Brees, Brady, but possibly better.

Tight end like safety is such a position that has changed over time.. like with rbs too

He had one of the quickest releases of all time. He'd be in the realm of Brees, Brady, but possibly better.

rivers the only current successful dude that is that level of struggle back there

but yea ain’t hard to see dude doing work with quick slants and all that and using the shotgun to give him time.. but I could see teams lining up DEs in wide nine and if blitzing sending someone up the middle in combo with it

Yeah, Rivers the best example. He was getting it done though. I just believe a guy like Marino is someone that transcends time. He'd be great just about any era.

How would Jason Sehorn fare against Julio Jones, Deandre Hopkins, or TY Hilton?

Hed probably be ok. He wasnt physical. He was quick and fast with good ball hawking skills. Today's game helps him. I think his career didn't last long because he didn't have the physicality enough to hang with superior body types. The guy definitely had skill. Same with Archuleta.

Steve young

I don't know. Steve Young is in my personal top 5, but I think being forced to become a pocket passer w/ the ancillary threat of running was his sweet spot and 90s catered to that. I think if you plopped him down into today's era, he keeps on with the scrambling and running and never realizes just how great an all-around QB and passer he was...much like he was with TB.

there’s a number of RB’s I’d like to see considering how important the run game is in 2019

I don't know. Steve Young is in my personal top 5, but I think being forced to become a pocket passer w/ the ancillary threat of running was his sweet spot and 90s catered to that. I think if you plopped him down into today's era, he keeps on with the scrambling and running and never realizes just how great an all-around QB and passer he was...much like he was with TB.

nah.. Tampa was a terrible situation

like with Cunningham, those dudes were running for their lives rather than using it as a threat within the passing game moreso

cunningham obviously didn’t have the accuracy of young early.. but I think with both it ain’t hard to see how their games would translate.. same with elway

but I’d be most confident in young reaching what he should if he played today

nah.. Tampa was a terrible situation

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

Young already had the highest completion %, or near tops, for a while up until...idk, Bradford broke it? Point is, he was already killing it back then...he'd do it now. It was him going to the Niners with their stability and leadership that developed him.

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

that he needed that bad situation to realize what he was as a passer

If anything, I think that more about Cunningham and situation he had in philly and then what he was briefly in Minnesota

I mean only time young wasn’t great was in Tampa, BYU and afl dude did work

that he needed that bad situation to realize what he was as a passer

I never said that. :lol:

It was pretty much, no, exactly, the opposite. He was scrambling and running amok in TB because he knew no better and there was no organizational/offensive structure.

He found that later in his career with SF and was a clear top QB in NFL history. If you put him in today's game, he's still that and his ceiling isnt much higher. The issue with him was longevity.

I’d bring back LaDainian. I know he didn’t play that long ago and did great in his time, but with the popularity of Fantasy Football at an all time high, dude would have people crying when they check their fantasy schedule and see their opponent has LT. That year he had the TD record dude was putting up insane numbers.

disclaimer: Yes I know in 2006 fantasy football already existed but it wasn’t as big of a deal as it is today

I never said that. :lol:

It was pretty much, no, exactly, the opposite. He was scrambling and running amok in TB because he knew no better and there was no organizational/offensive structure.

He found that later in his career with SF and was a clear top QB in NFL history. If you put him in today's game, he's still that and his ceiling isnt much higher. The issue with him was longevity.

Dude was doing work at BYU and the afl, passing wise.. it was just in Tampa where dude was running for his life and a crap situation consumed him

but him doing working with the niners is exactly why I’d wanna see him today, with the more modern concept and how his strengths could be utilized within them

same goes for Faulk and the 99 rams.. or randy.. them obviously did work.. but still could only imagine them right now

Back
Top Bottom